DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Quests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dyso Quest Idea Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Quests Reply with quote

The following is an email I sent to Geshtal about a Quest Idea and his response, thought i should post it to the public...(It was along time ago..)

i know its long, but u shuld read it!!!

just sum ideas for when ya got time, to build upon the foundation of dyso
and add some quests.

1. Defining Areas, i think that itd be easiest to coem up with a quest by
just defining an area. what i mean is, Why are the Ogres in the eastern
forest? Why are Bandits in the great forest as well as eleriina valley?
Whats with all the undead in the great forest, why do the duergars have a
cave in gereks pass? ect. ect. To answer these questions u can easily make quests out of them and have an NPC or numerous NPCs define the area for u.

2. The Crooked Blade Union. This is an idea (name can be changed as its
not very good) There is a Bandits League in Dysotopia, they use their large numbers to spread and camp out at major trade routes, raiding merchants that ride by.

Major Trade routes you could say, Eleriina Valley, East Plains, Gereks
Pass, Great Forest. Some of these areas i named dont already have bandits in them, i suggest placing some bandits in there.

The first quest involving bandits is already set up, the eleriina guard
captain of course is concerned about the bandit presence, and he sends the player into the bandit caves to investigate. Once the Bandit Plans are
retrieved, the quest ends. The Quest shouldnt end there, The bandits are
still out there, they are still in areas surrounding sylvandale as well as
Eleriina. What do the Bandit Plans say? what is going to be the next move
of the Crooked Blade Union (again, name can be changed.) Are they going to strike eleriina? How long do they plan to camp out the trade routes? Where else are they located? All these questions can be answered by doing more quests, there could be a whole line of quests to be done for the Guard Commander, One Quest per Question. As its your mod ill let u come up with the quests involving the answers to the questions the Bandit Quest leaves you with.

Ideas for The Crooked Blade Union-

Quest #2-The Crooked Blade Union Has set up Roadblocks not only in
Eleriina Valley, but also nearby in Eastern Plains. The Guard commander wants the player to move into Eastern Plains, find their hide out and kill the bandit chief there, The Bandits in Eastern Plains should be tougher than the ones in eleriina Valley, by far. The Guard commander asks for the Sword of the Bandit Chief as proof that he was killed, make some sort of plot item.

Quest#3-The Badger Farm owner has took notice of the Bandits in the area, he has been complaining to the Guard commander about how the Bandits have been harassing his poor badgers, stealing them or even killing them. The Guard commander sends the player to The Badger Farm with a note confirming that the player works for the guard commander. When u talk to the Badger Farmer if u have the note he talks to you about how the bandits are harrassing the badgers and all that, he then says one of the badgers killed a bandit, the farmer looked at the body and found a key on it, he gives the key to you and says he suspects that there is another hideout around the parts, he suggests Gereks Pass. the player is then brought to some small house in a corner some
place other than Gerek's House and the door is normally locked unless u
have the key the badger farmer gives you. Upon enterance the player faces some tough Bandits, i think the player and party should be around lvl 8-10 when they do this. there should be two floors, the top floor contains a room full of even tougher baddys than the first. On the dead body of the Bandit Chief here u find something like Badger milk or something. You bring the milk back to the Badger Farmer and he gets all sad and pays you, as well as gives u a note for u to give to the Guard Commander showing his appreciation for the effot. When giving the Guard Commander the note u are rewarded again. (this quest is very cool i think because it introduces new players to the badger farm, when they normally probably would never have found it.)

Quest #4- the Final Showdown, the Guard Commander has recieved word from Sylvandale that Bandits are acting up there too. He sends u there to investigate, again u recieve a note stating u are working for the guard commander, he tells u to talk to the priestess in the temple.
She starts talking about how many people have come to her lately for
protection and have been telling her storys of being attacked by Large
Half orc Brutes along the road in the Great Forest. She says she has seen many suspicious people going in and out of a certain house in the city, she
says that may be the bandit hideout and gives u a key to that house. The
interior of the house should be very large and be filled with all srots of traps. Just picture a cool place to do battle in, maybe a fountain in the center. This place should be filled with tougher Bandits, Gypsys are the default creature of people that would fit. Eventually the player and party come to the Gypsy Leader (that guy wearing grey and dualwielding Scimitars, he fits a bandit leader extremely well). This guy should be on the top floor along with a few henchman. It should be One tough battle! When the gypsy leader dies he could drop some very cool weapons/armor for 10-15lvls. He could also drop his head which could be given to the guard commander in exchange for the reward and the end to this saga. of course all the exploits and such could be considered as well as lvl requirements on entrance to these areas. How ya get the quests to connect or even to continue after a server crash is beyond me, they just ideas, but u shuld still consider them icon_biggrin.gif

I also have some ideas involving the two Temples in eleriina, the church
of cyric, and the temple of mystra. Some sort of NPC priest could be placed in the Temple of Cyric down in the sewers, Given the history of Cyric and Mystra im sure the two temples would be at odds. People who work for the Cyricist would have their alignment shifted down by doing quests, ones who work for Mystra would have their alignment shifted up for doing quests. The quests involved with both should involve hostilitys between the two, such as a player working for the church of cyric would do something such as murder a high cleric in the temple of mystra. Im not going to give a bunch of quest ideas or go into specifics because this email is way too long already ;0

Remember, u better have read it all!! ;0

Glorin

Geshtal's Response:

Whew, I finally read it all!

That's a really good idea and I like it...a lot...it will ba a common enemy
of all people in Dyso...thi sevil aligned org of bandits out to stop all
people from making trades...they can stalk tradeskill areas and try to
intercept people carrying ores and such...I can actually make them smart
like that...put little "cut scenes" into some areas so that if a person
walks through an area and they have $x worth of tradeskill minerals then a group of bandits rush out of the trees, steal half their goods and run
off...the players will have to chase them down to get their stuff back. icon_wink.gif

It's a long way off but definately something to implent as soon as trades
are done...especially now that the organizations are implemented and live!

Catcha later!

Edit: To Developers: Not sure where the Church of Cyric is exactly? PM me.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]

Last edited by Glorin on Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also thought a good RP explanation for the Little lvl 10 and up blocker shield and the Bandit Caves could be something like....
Eleriina Guard Commander:"The Bandit's Mages have conjured a wall to block off their hideout from all of our most powerful warriors, allowing only our weakest to get through...etc."
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bring up some nice quest ideas there, Glormo. And in the beginning (and your reply) you bring up an idea that has...annoyed me for a while. If this is supposed to be an RP server, why are there never any RP explanations for everything on the island? It's true, you have no clue why there are undead in the Great Forest and Gerek's Pass. And those bandits, why are they there? Etc etc...there is no RP explanation for anything...and it bugs me a bit.

And also a pat on the shoulder for your idea of the Bandit mages' force field. Good job.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Norrec
PostMon 06/30/03 2:31am
I concur  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Dyso Quest Idea Vault All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: