DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Sylvandale Incident - Very Serious Gesh/Bri
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Who thinks koanna abused her power as a moderator in the given situation?
Yes. I agree it was abuse.
47%
 47%  [ 16 ]
No, it was the right thing to do.
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
I was not there. Sorry.
38%
 38%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 34

Kuma
Dyso MOD| Forum MOD

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41 EXP: 40 / 41
 97%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Sylvandale Incident - Very Serious Gesh/Bri Reply with quote

Ok...I don't know If I'm the only player that's plain outraged here, but finally I got tired of seeing Koanna abusing her powers as a (complete it seems) moderator on dysotopia...

So it all starts with a question: Do we want moderators on the server that abuse their powers and prevent us from having a good time in dyso?

My replied it's very simple...NO koanna, we don't want you...or at least I speak for myself right now. Being a moderator (or what I understand of one) it's keeping things in order, in order being: watching users keeping his EULA, watching out for PK'er, or some other unsocial problem that it may occur. I don't believe a moderator can take SIDES, and Jail/Ban 2 times someone from Sylvandale just because he was fighting a friend of hers.

Long Story Short: Ogt amonsgt many other players, decided to put a stop to Hasmeer reign of chaos at sylvandale...I liked the thought, and I joined them in that particular and very rewarding quest...so we made a party, most of the good guys in there and off to sylvandanle. We fought for around 15-20 minutes, and everything was being strictly played IN CHARACTER (know the meaning koanna?), but suddenly in the middle of the fight..I see that white halberg (or whatever spelled) in the distance, and then the server crash. Next thing we know...it's OGT being jailed for "starting conflict in sylvandale" thanks to Koanna "doing her job"...

Last time I checked, Sylvandale it's still a PvP (correct me if I'm wrong: Player Vs Player) area, in which we can make parties and fight for different causes, this time the one I mentioned, defeating hasmeers reign of chaos...so if he does claim to be the lord of sylvandale, why can't other players try to defeat such lord? witout Koanna abusing one more time the powers she was given.

You were not there Koanna, when you finally got there (after Red's private messages and whining) the server crashed. You DIDN'T ASKED for an explanation, you just Jailed OGT on side? So excuse me for not understanding here...but when you got to decide what players can or cannot do in dysotopia? My advice is: Take away her powers for a while, untill she starts again to keep it real. I hate her powertrips and I'm sure someone in the mod would agree with me on that one.

It was plain abuse, and I, as a regular player on dysotopia won't stand that from you nor everyone else. Your ruining our play time with your attitude, and it's simply not healthy for the mod. So be sure to THINK before you ACT, cause let me remind you one more time...the only one that OWNS this mod, it's the person that created it, and that person has a name, and it's not you.

I've had it with her people, I really have. I'm sorry to come out so crude, but that has to be the most unfair scenario I've ever seen. I'm just still shocked at it.

So Bri please, since you are the only one around as of now...do something about this...me and some dysousers begs you.

Thank you, that is all.
Kuma'scak.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Drudley
PostWed 10/16/02 9:05pm
Why dont you vote?  Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey excuse me, i did nto complain to anybody about losign sylvandale, all i did was launch a counter offensive and you think this is all about you
cut this pissy fit, i was arrested too, i was banned from the city too
though i may agree with you about the unfair admin abuse (second time this has happened to me) i do not agree with what you have to say about me, we played the game just as fair as you did
Big Jay
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Abuse of power Reply with quote

I also was there with BA, fighting alongside Fury. Koanna was only there for 30 seconds or so of it, however Ameli was present for all of it, and indeed was fighting with us. Not only did Koanna jail Ogt after the server reset, but she also followed him around when he wanted to go shopping to Sylvandale, saying that he was banned from there now. When Ogt did not leave immediately, he was again jailed. This is a blatant abuse of ANY mods powers, and is a totally unwarranted interference in the game. Ihave to ask this:- does someone who does such a thing deserve to be a mod? I think not.
View users profile Send private message
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

due to the lack of city militias and automatic jailing systems, the Dysomods must also act as watch members for all of dyso. the dysomods must be mods both IC and OOC, it is tuff times and it must be hard to be a mod...there have been many complaints however about kairo, but if ogt and red were banned from sylvandale, doesnt this mean they shuld probably stay out of sylvandale?
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My version:
Red did an announcement about Sylvandale now being under control by 'Army of Freedom' or something. Got curios.
When I got there, they were fighting Ogt. (Red an Don Juan). I asked them some about what this army of freedomg was and why ogt was being killed. They answered they would rid the city of evil and the reply for why ogt got killed; He protested against the rule.

oh well. after a while, I got to understand that Red & Don were the evil ones, not Ogt.
Let them fight some more while I was thinking it over. Then I decided to join with Ogt. He was Good and all. Together we eventually got control, and all of the sudden all these other Good guys started to pop up.
We were all RP:ing saying stuff like, 'The forces of good will rid this city of the evil that has taken it'. We were many by then.

About 10 guys, only freeing the city from the evil people overtaking it.
Koanna shows up some time later. Asking what was going on. I told her that some evil people had claimed the city. And we were some good people trying to stop them.
Alright she said and became idle.

Crash

All joins again, in Eleriina I see Koanna talking to Ogt. Ogt got jailed.
We then had a discussion while koanna was in the castle with ogt.
Talking about why she arrested him and such. Rest is irrelevant but after a while I got a chance to talk to Koanna and she claimed the mods had been given orders to never let a city become chaotic. I said I had never heard of that. But i accepted it that she had acted correctly. But I do not agree with Ogt getting banned. He was not alone and as far as I know, not the one who started it.

Still I think it is nothing but right for good people to
take actions when evil guys claim a city. RP.

Best Regards, Kindo//Ameli

PS: the whole war in sylvan was pure RP all the way. And I will not vote. If it turns out after I hear Uins story, that she did wrong. I would like her to get a warning only.

Last edited by Kindo on Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dysomods may make up for city militias, but that gives them no right to take away from IC fun...it isnt fair to ban us from a city for no reason......all this does is discourage constructive RPing and it promotes the same old crap we see over and over.....its like banning tournies...there is no reason for this nonesense
Ugluk
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 25 / 25 EXP: 25 / 25 EXP: 25 / 25
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the moderator job being said so difficult, Moderators should not be proactive and wait to see if people complain.
No complaints were made ant that means we were having a good time roleplaying the eternal fight of law against crime.
Ogt was unjustly jailed and banned from Syl bcse of that proactive, hasty and heavy handed aproach chosen by Koanna.
The right thing to do would have been to join the battle without Mod powers, just like Ameli cleverly did, or to have stayed out of it since nobody complained.
OSB and other vigilantes actually need our roguish endeavours to give a meaning to their activity.
As long as it is consensual and good hearted I see no harm in our battles.
Atharva Veda
Master

XP
EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25
 72%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the big deal with Slyvandale ?
If people want to PvP there who gives a rip ?
It's not like it's a lowbie place.

And from what it sounds like to me this was very RP in that Red(evil) was being attacked by good, one of which was Ogt.
How much MORE RP can you get for god sake.
The only problem I've ever had with Sylvandale is, one time a saw a char aggresivley pursuing extortion on a couple lower chars in the rift gate temple.

At the time I didn't get involved.
I think next time I see that happen I'll load up on ES, TS and a few other choice PvP spells and send a tell for the victims to lure the extortionist out of the temple and then run away while I pulverize the source of thier grief!
Williem_Blakk
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it. Dam you all to hell!

Some thief has my soulstone for that city, well all cities. Hey does anyone know where can I get a replacement for Eleriina.

RPing is a thin tightrope. A balance, one must know when zip and when to zag and when not to cross that line from which you cannot return.

The LoS/Army of Freedom may have pushed people to far. How many times can you kill and steal before a mob forms and demands your head.
But then again, if an RPing Evil plays by the given rules, you can't blame them either.

So that leaves the DM. He is the master of all the lands and it is he who makes the rules, writes the code and works endless hours, just so we can meet and interact with really fun and interesting people.

Besides it's a game built to reflect an ever growing world where evil and good must battle for control or else we would just kill Ogre Eaters all day and put on fashion shows to display our new weapons and armor...

And that my friends would be LAME!

Just a thought

Evolve or die

Last edited by Williem_Blakk on Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total
African Ape

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Koanna should be permanantly banned from the entire NWN community for her outragous behavoir. There is no excuse Koanna for what you have done. You have disgraced Dysotopia for the last time. I am sickened by the lack of self control you have shown in this incident.

Also before Ape was banned, when I was on my PK spree Koanna began to threaten Lord of the Badgers for what Ape did to others. There is a huge difference between players and characters. Mabey you will learn that sometime Koanna.

Last edited by African Ape on Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total
Uin
PostWed 10/16/02 11:37pm
You lie so badly Ape.  Reply with quote

African Ape
PostThu 10/17/02 12:13am
First of all the 2nd part of that is true. When I left as Ape you said it was the biggest mistake ever. Second I never claimed to be a good lier.  Reply with quote

Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my complaints

1.-No hot meals in jail
2.-No water to drink
3.-Its too dark
4.-well i cant escape from it no more, but i did once and that makes me happy
5.-I dont want to get jailed everytime i chop koannas head off, but after every 20th sounds fair

if i go to jail here where i live i even get a tv, plants, good food, my own room, the door is unlocked, and they occationaly let me go out to see the world.
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt wrote:
my complaints

1.-No hot meals in jail
2.-No water to drink
3.-Its too dark
4.-well i cant escape from it no more, but i did once and that makes me happy
5.-I dont want to get jailed everytime i chop koannas head off, but after every 20th sounds fair

if i go to jail here where i live i even get a tv, plants, good food, my own room, the door is unlocked, and they occationaly let me go out to see the world.

I have to agree with Ogt on that one, Syl prison is the pits!

But, I think the dysomods are doing the best job they can at the moment, and i say stop whining about them!

Griff
African Ape
PostThu 10/17/02 1:07am
And you know what I say Griff? Why dont you SHUT THE FRONT DOOR... It's getting a bit nippy in here.  Reply with quote

Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*rattles the eleriina prison bars*
oh well, it is kinda lonely here, all you guys are at castle dyso.

but I think it was a kinda chaotic fight, but I think koanna did overreact a bit, don't get me wrong, I would also o a bit mad, and if it was right in front of eleriina where we were fighting, so no newbie could get past it, then I would have jailed some people. But we left alone everyone not fighting us, at least, I think I did.
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

African Ape wrote:
First of all the 2nd part of that is true. When I left as Ape you said it was the biggest mistake ever.

Well Ape let me recall the incident. On patrol in Sylvandale, you ask me if you should kill a random person at the shop. I say no, you kill the shopper, you leave instantly and come back as LotB. In an OOC comment (with OOC in front of it and everything) I said that was a cowardly thing to do and it was a big mistake.

In the end your continued nonsense got you banned, by Gesh.

Griff Inn wrote:
Syl prison is the pits!

There is no functional Sylvandale prison right now. Probably Castle Dyso you mean. Actually it does need some lights. But it is a player/Eula prison, not for RP reasons, thast why its inescapable.
Ogt
PostThu 10/17/02 1:43pm
now now i didnt know that fighting evil in silvandale was the same as breaking the eula  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, goes to Uin.
Why did the involved got sent to Castle if all they were doing was RP?
It is meant for EULA you said.
And please, can you write down your side of this story? I would like to hear why you acted the way you did.

Thank you
Kindo
sethiroth64
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 0 / 8 EXP: 0 / 8 EXP: 0 / 8
 0%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanos: I for one definatly think kona should have her powers takin its bull that ogt got jailed for somthing we all did and that wasent anything wrong with in the first place if we cant fight in party pvp the why have em dosent make sence to me and i think the party pvp should stay in sylv cus its the only town left that has it and we need places where we can have party pvp in cities
Balkur
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 5 / 19 EXP: 5 / 19 EXP: 5 / 19
 26%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koanna, I was not present but have heard the exact same story from many people, some of whom are close friends that I trust.

If indeed you used moderator powers to take sides in an issue that did not involve a violation of the EULA then you have discraced yourself and the entire mod by your actions.

What point is there to playing on a mod when banning and jailing is entirely arbitrary by the officials at Dyso without any regard to the rules that everyone has agreed to?

If your actions were justified you need to clarify your actions at once as news of this incident has spread to nearly everyone on the server. If they weren't you should resign as a mod if you can't remain unbiased and neutral.
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koanna is nothing but a power abuser icon_smile.gif
Today she couldn't win an argument with me over if she actually had the MANDATE to uphold the law in Eleriina.
Rather than come up with valid arguments she just jailed me icon_sad.gif
Lots were present... I have lotsa witnesses.
BloodAngel
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 1 / 16 EXP: 1 / 16 EXP: 1 / 16
 6%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't there but i saw the whole thing, it was awful!! There was some blatant misuse of badgers and all kinds of nasty things going on. I think someone should apologize to our poor furry companios in hope th regain their trust. Come on people just switch to another char and your out of jail icon_eek.gif oops that is kinda bypassing athourity isn't it ?

ps

Don't take life to seriously , you'll never get out alive

B icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Atharva Veda
Master

XP
EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25
 72%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sethiroth64 wrote:
Thanos: I for one definatly think kona should have her powers takin its bull that ogt got jailed for somthing we all did and that wasent anything wrong with in the first place if we cant fight in party pvp the why have em dosent make sence to me and i think the party pvp should stay in sylv cus its the only town left that has it and we need places where we can have party pvp in cities

Sylvandale is NOT the only party PvP city area.
Unlike you may have heard, Gloth is party pvp.
Drudley
PostThu 10/17/02 8:04pm
AHem, Gloth is even FULL pvp, but you can fight there, the Xivians would rip you apart before other players would get the chance  Reply with quote

BloodAngel
Adept

Level: 7
XP
EXP: 1 / 16 EXP: 1 / 16 EXP: 1 / 16
 6%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing that is bad are the huntresses. Them some bad ass bow wieldin women icon_eek.gif

B icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nefiorim wrote:
Koanna is nothing but a power abuser icon_smile.gif
Today she couldn't win an argument with me over if she actually had the MANDATE to uphold the law in Eleriina.
Rather than come up with valid arguments she just jailed me icon_sad.gif
Lots were present... I have lotsa witnesses.

lol

You asked me to prove you didn't have a Jail Key or was a Watch Member. As Zel is a persistant Eleriina offender, I took this opportunity you show her that anyone with a Key cannot be jailed. And I was at every step explaing the experiment.

Of course you, as Zel, shouted continously. icon_twisted.gif
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Uin. But I still must ask you to file your report on what happened in Sylvan the other day. We all want to know your side of the story.
Maybe you did nothing wrong? Maybe you did...etc etc.
Please
Kindo
Great Deity

XP
 2%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also regarding the Zel thing.
If you were arguing this OOC, you might have done right Koanna.
If it was IC, you did wrong in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: