DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dysotopia sux

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Frank -DK-
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 5 / 20 EXP: 5 / 20 EXP: 5 / 20
 25%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Dysotopia sux Reply with quote

(First: Im from denmark so... Forgive my bad english icon_smile.gif

I know its a hard accusation. But look at the facts:

1. Dyso Too small. (i have completet areas in the builder, far way bigger than dyso - all by myself - no big deal)

2. Where are the special level 20-items???? When i hit the 20th level i still have the equipment i used when level 12.
Yeah sure i can go on emerald-loot but can i sell my loot??? NOPE!

3. Where are the houses we were promised? The gods promished house and private stash, but where is it?

I dont know with my fellow dysotopians but i have grew tired of this....

I play on the server: Arkania PW...

But dyso: I have learned alot playing around in your realm. I would LOOOOVE if you guys wade it bigger. The style rox but we need the small things - house ect...
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand by my statement that this new version made this community worse, and the most fun days I have had was in the 2.xx era (and yes, I was roleplaying more then than I do now).
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gabriel Lynux
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39 EXP: 31 / 39
 79%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot agree with Kindo more, but as of late I have gotten on dyso again and it seems that things are slowly going back to the way they were with 2x, perhaps in time we will get some of the "better community" back.
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur (with Kindo) and just hope this thread doesnt turn into a stereotyped "griever" thread.
But weve had this lovely discussion so many times.

Let me predict:

1. this thread Will become a target for sycophants and people who will say "stop whining you babies" and "the developers have put so much time and effort, you should appreciate it"

2. any constructive critisism will be drowned out in spam, vulgarities, and pointless comments, mostly by the hypocritical sycophants and idiots mentioned above.

3. there will be no changes in Dyso due to this thread

4. this thread will die like the others and another similar one will come up, addressing fundamentally the same issues

..... Go prove me wrong

Note: As I have said before in similar replies in similar threads to avoid similar backlash. I DO appreciate everything that the developers have done. I understand they are busy, and that they should not toil away while we have fun. I am sorry if this has insulted anyone and I hope you understand where I am coming from.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG two old faces (three if you count oggy)! I recognize both of you! And I don't know if I hated you before, but I love you now!!

emot-heartbeat.gif

EDIT: LOL sorry, Z...I just finished this one the second you posted yours. This is a useless comment, but I felt something strong and I had to shout it out. Sorry!
Gabriel Lynux
Grandmaster

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Kindo....... emot-heartbeat.gif don't you remember the beautiful relationship we had? *whimpers*
Frank -DK-
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 5 / 20 EXP: 5 / 20 EXP: 5 / 20
 25%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pls quit all the *lol*-shit and subjects out of topic...

I mean it! Dyso sux now i have seen more, and FAR WAY bigger servers.
I love the idea and the soul of dyso. As i sayed i learned to play NWN online on that server! And it is pretty good if you wanna learn. But, but, but...

A advice to the dyso-crew:
Work harder. Make dyso the best place on web! You can do it i know! The areas in this dyso-ver rox! BUT WE LIKE MORE OF IT PLEEEEEASEEEEEE? icon_smile.gif
The Dyso-world is one of the best world online right now. Its just... WE NEED HOUSES! WE NEED ITEMS! WE NEED MORE LANDS!! MORE CREATURES! All other servers have that...

But i just cant seem to understand why i keep play on Dyso? Maybe i just love the soul of dyso...

What about you Dysotopians?
African Ape
PostSat 07/05/03 1:24am
OMGSODF DYSTROPIAS IFS SOOOO GHAEY  Reply with quote

Gabriel Lynux
Grandmaster

XP
 79%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should go out and make one of these "awesome" MODs you are talking about, If you have the time, money, and patience to go out and do it, make it happen, then you will have your very own BIG MOD and items galore, and monsters and all that other shit you are talking about, If you can't make your own, then play what is given to you for free and quit bitching. I once heard an old saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you" so shut up. icon_evil.gif *Grumbles about people who are never satisfied*
M-K
PostSat 07/05/03 1:47am
agrees with Gabriel of course  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not you think "Dyso sux", it's your own opinion and nothing more. The server was a more livelier place in 2.x. I will agree to that. But why did a lot of the people leave? Because it was too hard to reach level 20. And to those people I say (with some sorrow)... good riddance. icon_razz.gif We don't need people who only think about how quickly they can level to 20. 3.x has sort of acted like a sieve. Only those who truly love the mod and can see past just being a level 20 tank have remained on the server.

If you think "Dyso sux", then fine. That's your opinion. No one is forcing you to be here, so on your way. Mind the step on your way out. icon_twisted.gif

As for all the suggestions, most of them would improve the mod, yes. But the current focus is on repairing rather than creating. Just be patient.

Griff
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Only those who truly love the mod and can see past just being a level 20 tank have remained on the server.

ir they are just bored of NWN
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabriel Lynux wrote:
I think you should go out and make one of these "awesome" MODs you are talking about, If you have the time, money, and patience to go out and do it, make it happen, then you will have your very own BIG MOD and items galore, and monsters and all that other shit you are talking about, If you can't make your own, then play what is given to you for free and quit bitching. I once heard an old saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you" so shut up. icon_evil.gif *Grumbles about people who are never satisfied*

listen, all dyso needs is quests, dumping out the Gloth items completely, and making some of the more "Uber" items, the Swordsmans/archer/brawler belts & boots of speed, etc. hard to find (not sold in stores). This would mean getting rid of Iodonna coast, Ramar, and some of the other merchants.

I am not saying that dysotopia sucks, I'm saying it could be better, and more balanced out.

getting the 4 big belts out of major circulation would prompt an "Easier" set of monsters... with say, half as many hit points, 3/4 the damage per hit and a -2 to hit. it would also increase the need for a more steady progression of monsters, instead of the large jumps seen at lower levels. it would also increase the need to party (this is only advisable IF you lower the monsters difficulty as well, the goblins are STILL too hard in the eastern plains, even for a level 7, well rounded party)

the need for more monsters would make a need for more hunting areas, which isn't a good thing right now, because the current areas are fairly empty, and void of life...

Also, to improve the RP mood, you can add quests, make a bank so people don't lose all of their money/items to pickpockets or to death, and a house buying and selling script set is not that hard to write.

anyhow, these are my ideas about how Dyso could be better. some may agree, some may disagree, personally, I don't care if people violently disagree, since I can't directly influence the growth of dyso at all.

P.S: Also, it is good programming/scripting/raising children form to do the following: Clean up after yourself, we don't want messes all over the floor. Try to get the most out of whatever you make, (why put unneeded paint on a birdhouse if all it will do is scare away the birds?). and 3rd, relaxation is good, except when it gets in the way of what needs to be done.
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo! I have a fabulous idea! How about we go back to level vault days for all you veterans! Image03.gif You people crack me up. Topic locked

Edit, here's a little diddy I sent to someone on my theory as to why Dysotopia is dying...
GorbGuy wrote:
Well, I've thought about why so many seem to be leaving. And I've come to the same conclusion I did after I had been playing here for a while. Those "old timers" really weren't the best role players. Most of them came from the Diablo way of gaming. You know, "let's bash everything all to hell and become the uberest guy in the server." Well, 3.x brought some changes, XP, gold, rules... all geared towards the RP way of gaming. This pissed off a lot of the players. They were used to the ever infamous "local vault days" when they could just be complete asses and not have to worry much because they were uber and "old timers" to the server. Well, times have changed, and many of those old faces are now no more. And truth be told, I couldn't give a rats ass. They attempted to change the system by whining and crying that they were fed up and tried to drag others with them. As far as I can see, their plans worked. They took a lot of those same people with them to other servers. But... we've gained others. At any given time I can see that the server is in the 20+ player range, and for me, that is just dandy. And something you'll notice about the current players, they're roleplaying! They aren't just harasing the n00bs, they aren't trying to crash the server, they aren't grieving DM's and mods because they don't have awesome level 100000000 items; they're finding their own thing to do. And they are all enjoying themselves. So, I couldn't be happier.

In other words, I'm shutting down the server until later today.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: