DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Arkania...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Arkania... Reply with quote

Here's a suggestion to everyone. It seems that the "administration" is pissing off more and more players. Good for us eh! icon_twisted.gif And it got me to thinking, why? Well, I think I have it summed up. Becaused we aren't putting up with anyones shit anymore, and it seems to piss of an awful lot of you. I read the forums regularly and have lately been reading through Private Messages. I find that many of you seem to have it through your heads that Dyso is dying, and most of you are absolutly right. These childish fuckheads, such as Ogt and African Ape, are ruining this world for everyone else and causing quite a bit of hostility amounst players and admins, players and players, and admins and admins. Well, here's my suggestion to all of you that hate Dysotopia so much. Get the hell off my server. Go and play on Arkania, or whatever the hell that place is called. I'm so tired of dealing with little pricks like yourselves it makes me sick. So, if you are fed up with Dyso, fed up with the admins, fed up with the players, or hell, even fed up with me, allow me show you how to leave. Open up NWN, click on Multi-Player --> Join Internet Game --> knock your selves out with the couple thousand other servers out there. I can assure you, none of you will be missed.
Glorin
PostSun 07/06/03 4:53am
thanks for the concern Gorb but I'm fine. Want some chicken soup?  Reply with quote

Hurin
Master

Level: 13
XP
EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30 EXP: 25 / 30
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Arkania... Reply with quote

GorbGuy wrote:
........have lately been reading through Private Messages.

icon_eek.gif Ouch...Thats kinda like shooting yourself Gorb....really painfull.....You really shoudn't do that. I admit I do run a new Druids Guild in Arkania, but if you have access to my PM's, you might start to know why. And another thing....Arkania isn't a bad server Gorb, it has a good mix of RP and Action.
Kane has his "No BULLSHIT" policies that really keep the assholes out, which of course creates a better playing evironment for everyone. You mess up bad once...your outa there. THAT is the kind of environment that I like to play in. Dont go bashing Arkania because certain people prefere playing on it right now, there are alot of good players over there.
What people say in thier PM's should be kept private, and you should be able to sluff it off. You've said many times you dont care what people say Gorb, obviously that isn't true as this post clearly demonstrates.
View users profile Send private message
Shadowleaf
PostSun 07/06/03 6:28am
gorbs not bashing arcania, hurin. hes just saying that if you think dyso sucks then leave.  Reply with quote

Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you read this post.....you'll see that the reason i don't play here much anymore ISN'T the Admins...its the other players. http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5339

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowleaf wrote:
Gorbs not bashing Arkania Hurin, hes just saying that if you think dyso sucks then leave.

GorbGuy wrote:
Go and play on Arkania, or whatever the hell that place is called.

That was definatley not a positive statement, and the fact that this post is called "Arkania" let's me believe there is some hostility there. Gorb spoke his mind and I spoke mine, nothing wrong either way.
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frist off, I'm a little surprised at the nature of the post from someone as mature as Gorb....actually it's a little disappointing. I know everyone has got to vent now and then, but to stoop to the level of those you say you are sick of is, well......self depricating.

Other than that, all I have to say is that you have a few facts straight, and a few incorrect. You ARE losing good players along with grievers, flamers, jerks, etc. I've generally found out in life that if you treat people like kids (albeit some act like it already icon_wink.gif ) you will get them acting like kids. I totally agree with not putting up with anyone's **** anymore.....BUT, not at the expense of making it less enjoyable for those who ARE good players, and DO act mature on the server and forums. In the case of Ogt and African Ape......ban them and ignore them. You all (administration) did the first thing, but not the second. I have run in to quite a few people in my life that act much in the same way they did.....I ignored them..it wasn't worth my time to even get upset with them.

Anyway....hopefully one day it will all change, and I'll be back with you all. Cheers to all! icon_razz.gif

Mike
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Glorin
PostSun 07/06/03 4:16pm
I heard Arkania is full of Uber Stuff and its real cheap and shit  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
PostSun 07/06/03 4:21pm
Me too. I heard they give out levels like candy, and that's why it's so popular.

Griff

dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard they can't implement orbs of pain cause Kane doesn't know how to script them.

(that thread on their boards made me laugh really hard)
Little Teapot
PostSun 07/06/03 4:42pm
they can't make orbs of pain???
hahahaha

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha seriously?! I heard they are stealing dyso's ideas on items. icon_wink.gif

Griff
dreamin'
Hero

XP
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they still can't, but when I went to their hp to decide if I'd start playing there, and made it past the warning signs ("XP to stats bonus conversion tables", "seeking new recruits for our guild, you must be lvl 20", etc...) I eventually stumbled about a thread where someone recommended implementing orbs of pain to kane, his answer was that he couldn't do so with the toolset and that the dysotopia guys wouldn't give the script away icon_lol.gif
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Kane isn't a scripter....big fucking deal. This is the exact reason Dyso is falling apart, loosers like you start spouting crap for the hell of it. You "heard" that Arkania gives out free lvls....oh really? But yet you've never played there.
As for the orbs of pain, there are others of us that can script, and it's quite easy for some of us to make something better than an orb of pain....oh wait....It's already been done.
So, why would you go bashing another persons mod? Did you gain anything from it? Personally I think it made you guys look pretty stupid, and it sure doesn't help out Gorb any....grow up.

By the way, for those of you that want to bitch and whine, go here:

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64344#64344
Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://worldofarkania.board.dk3.com/2/viewtopic.php?p=1385#1385

All I can say is, why? What prompted this action?
dreamin'
Hero

XP
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurin, I don't play on Arkania because it doesn't suit my playing style. I wasn't too fond of Dyso either for a long time, took a big break from about last september until shortly before the wipe/3.x. Dyso 3.x was a step in the right direction for me. Arkania, with easy XP and fast levels, tons of high level chars and post lvl 20 progression advertised on their webpage, reminds me too much of Dyso 2.x to be attractive for me.
As for ridiculing Kane: I went to his page and boards twice, once when I was thinking about playing there some weeks ago and once yesterday when I saw the threads here.
Kane is trashtalking Dyso on his boards, comments on everything going on here, and is bragging how much better he handles his mod. Good, if he wants to compete, than he needs to face the competittion, and that post about "can't do that in the toolset" for something that simple was really hilarious at that time.
GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To set the record straight, I was NOT bashing Arkania. I couldn't think of how they spelled it, so it came out wrong. However, my first thoughts when I typed this up sticks. Hurin, since you are playing on Arkania let me ask you something, how many of Dyso's rejects come to that server? A lot. Correct? Now, how many does Kane give the boot? I'm going to take a 50/50 shot and say most. This is where this comment was going. It seems to me that every single time someone comes to the forums and whines like a spoiled rich kid, the phrase "screw this, I'm going to play on Arkania now," comes out. Now, if you think about it, you'll see exactly why their name was the one I chose to pick on. I've never played on their server, so I couldn't tell you if it's good or bad. Hell, I might even like it so much, I ditch Dyso, and see about helping to host that (and trust me, the thought about dumping Dyso has been crossing my mind A LOT this past week, $50/month to listen to cry babies isn't worth it to me anymore.)
Anyways, I was in no way bashing Arkania, Krynn, Drunken Bastards, any of them. Simply stating a fact.

Last edited by GorbGuy on Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total
Ariia
Master

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Gorb, I have played on Arkania a lot in the past month....and I'm sure you've already read why, but I must say that all the "dyso rejects" i have not seen...Instead I see people who are great Rp'ers that have gotten sick of the crap going on here and needed a break. And so far only four people have been banned from Arkania, none of wich I have ever seen on Dyso. Arkania, is what Dyso 2x was. and thats why alot of people are going there. We had a party one night a few weeks ago that was 17 or 18 old dyso players, none of wich were the "rejects".

Kindo
PostSun 07/06/03 7:33pm
Holy cow!  Reply with quote

GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariia wrote:
Well, Gorb, I have played on Arkania a lot in the past month....and I'm sure you've already read why, but I must say that all the "dyso rejects" i have not seen...Instead I see people who are great Rp'ers that have gotten sick of the crap going on here and needed a break. And so far only four people have been banned from Arkania, none of wich I have ever seen on Dyso. Arkania, is what Dyso 2x was. and thats why alot of people are going there. We had a party one night a few weeks ago that was 17 or 18 old dyso players, none of wich were the "rejects".
Still not sure I understand your point here? Is it that Kane doesn't ban? Let me show you something from delta...
Code:
[Banned Ips]
6=
5=81.225.154.206
4=66.66.103.136
3=67.124.133.20
2=67.124.133.20
1=195.87.169.13
0=SNOOPMOTHERFUCKINGORC

[Banned Players]
6=
5=Octher
4=African Ape
3=-BoD-BUMMIE
2=sdfsafafdsafasf
1=Froja
0=SNOOPMOTHERFUCKINGORC

[Banned CD Keys]
6=
5=VD7AGAKJ
4=FT6GT9DN
3=FTMHMKKM
2=FTMHMKKM
1=VDKNRWH3
0=SNOOPMOTHERFUCKINGORC
That would be... 4 people banned. So, am I truely that much of a dictator? I think not..
My point here was clearly stated in my first post. If you don't like Dyso, move on. That's it. That's all! And best of all, it doesn't cost a dime.
Glorin
PostSun 07/06/03 7:38pm
i'm really getting sick of this arkania talk icon_confused.gif  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostSun 07/06/03 7:41pm
gorb the more you most the more i love you  Reply with quote

Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I 've only seen one person I'd truly label a "Reject" in Arkania...some DM that got a little to power hungry. Kane delt with him and everything is dandy icon_wink.gif . One thing I have seen are alot of Dyso's good players playing over there, and there is nothing wrong with that. We all like a little variety once in awhile, and playing on two different servers is ok. Maybe Arkania does have a few bigger items, and yes it's a hell of alot easier to lvl there, but there is alot of good rp going on over there. In fact, and I only speak for myself, I find alot more RP going on over there right now. I find there is alot less ridicule over rp styles in Arkania, over in Dyso if you dont RP according to someone elses standards, you get flammed pretty bad. It's like I said though, this is just my own personal opinion from my own personal experiences.
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dreamin' wrote:

Kane is trashtalking Dyso on his boards, comments on everything going on here, and is bragging how much better he handles his mod.

Now I know why he can't script. He has the mental age of a 5 year old. icon_mrgreen.gif And Hurin don't come here crying about how we are giving Arkania bad publicity or whatever you said, because I bet Dyso gets called rotten on the Arkania forums. But you don't see me there saying how the Arkania bunch need to grow up and stop bitching.

I heard Hurin doesn't have a sense of humor.

Griff
Glorin
PostSun 07/06/03 7:54pm
We should send Ape and Ogt to Arkania

Hey what did Ape do ne ways? in the public forums that is

Ariia
Master

XP
 40%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorb, I think you missed my point, my point was that I know of only four people banned from Arkania, None of them being people I have ever seen on Dyso.

The people I see on Arkania, that are from Dyso, are all rp'ers that are tired of all this BS here.

I am not saying I don't like Dyso, I am saying the PLAYERS are making it a "little" hostile. Just reading the forums, anyone can see it. I am not critizing the admins or dm's. I am tired of the community acting like jerks. I think that Dyso could be fun again, someday. But until things change around here, I think you're going to see more and more people leave, wether it be to Arkania or elsewhere.

Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff Inn wrote:
But you don't see me there saying how the Arkania bunch need to grow up and stop bitching.
Griff

Thats because they dont. It's like I said people, Arkania does have some of Dyso's best players on it. It's perfectly ok for people to play on 2 servers. By the way, no one has answered my question with the link in it, what was the reasoning for that person being booted? Only because they said they play on Arkania?

And where did you hear I have no sense of humor? I though you would have been smart enough to figure that one out by yourself.....dont turn this into something personal and start bashing me. If you dont like what I have to say (And no, I'm not crying about anything), then just leave things alone....Unless you can think up something truly intellegent which would support any opinions you may or may not have. I've defended Dyso and I've supported Dyso even while I was playing in Arkania. I think I know where the rejects are, they're still here spouting off the childish remarks in these forums. Keep your opinions to yourself before you really give this place a bad name Griff Inn, and grow up...
Kindo
PostSun 07/06/03 8:24pm
emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Hurin
Master

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff Inn wrote:

And Hurin don't come here crying about how we are giving Arkania bad publicity or whatever you said, because I bet Dyso gets called rotten on the Arkania forums.
Griff

Actually, Dyso's people bash thier own mod enough. Perhaps you should worry about the people over hear before you start worrying about Arkania Griff.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64406#64406
dreamin'
Hero

XP
 86%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurin, Gorb just posted that only 4 people are banned from Dyso. So, that person either was one of them (maybe Ogt or Ape icon_mrgreen.gif ) or wasn't banned/booted icon_rolleyes.gif
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: