DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

DM TERRORIST ATTACK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: DM TERRORIST ATTACK Reply with quote

That's right. Killed each and every player i saw in the mod, stoned the npc's and generally turned into a prick.
You may wonder why.
It's quite simple. You think it's annoying being ignored as a player? It's ten times more annoying when as DM or developer you try to make things great for players and nothing, absolutely nothing pleases people.
All you get is complaint after complaint. Nothing satisfies you assholes, nothing is ever good enough. So I'd say i've kept my head cool for almost two years and it's enough. You people keep pushing and you can get what you want. In the past few months i don't think i heard one good thing coming from players, not a single compliment directed at the administration or dm's, and even if i missed the occasional compliment it is drowned in a sea of complaints and whines. So Now you know how bad things can be when we lose our patience, when we really abuse our power, when we go bugfuck on your asses for pushing us too far.
You people made it so there is this polarisation between roleplayers and powergamers and that keeps coming back and back again.
You made it so admins can't even agree on things anymore, can't get shit done cause it is never exactly right in the eyes of this or that player and they voice their opinions like it's the word of God himself.
There is little sense of direction in the mod, any theme is lacking because the mod has been going through so many changed everyone has his favorite period and all they do is whine about how bad things are these days. Well, i tried for a long time to help out and have been ignored, ridiculed and spat on until i got fed up with all the bullshit.
You may find this surprising but we developers and DM's actually played this game for fun too! OMG! Yes we used to have fun, but for me it's over.
Unless people start to actually take notice what we have been trying to do for you ungrateful curs things wil never change, unless you people can finally band together again like in the old days it will always be strife, ungratefullness and a contest who can whine the hardest.
You pissed me off, seriously pissed me off.
We used to all be friends, now we are all competitors,lobbyists for our own holy cause, admins as much as players. The general trend seems to be: i'm right, you're wrong and i'll damn well whine until I get my way.

For me it's over. I rather doubt things will change.
The only thing that may make a difference is if people sit down together and actually agree that we've all been morons who have taken down what was a great thing once, to agree to actually work together constructively to get it back on its feet. There is a war going on for the survival and direction of this mod and neither of the sides in this conflict will win. All we will be left with is a scorched earth, a dead mod.
That's what we're heading towards the way things are now, it's a matter of time, unless YOU as players and administration get together again and start becoming FRIENDS again.
I'm sorry if i offended people with this, but it had to be said.
View users profile Send private message
Sarah
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, whatever. I like Dyso. If I didnt, I wouldnt keep coming back.

Personally I think killing all the players on is complete bullshit to get a petty point across. Want something done or changed? Then change it. I don't see how turning into a prick is going to make things any better, or you any more loved.

If nothing pleases people, then so be it, they can go somewhere else where it does please them. You can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time. Thats life. You do whats best, and if the popular majority likes or dislikes something, then maybe you should go with that, but ultimately its the DM's and Mod's mod, so, well, you can do whatever the fuck you want to do with it.

So, before you go "bugfuck" on us... how about starting a rational conversation... there are adults that will join it... but, there are kids that will try to ruin the conversation as well.

Anyway, I have no problems with the server, I like it, I like the new changes, and I like meeting people from different countries, talking with them, and RPing with them.

Thats just my two cents.. you can keep the change. icon_cool.gif
Kindo
PostMon 07/07/03 9:26am
emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you think your gonna make the admin and players friends again by killing everyone as DM, killing the merchants and turning the bugbears and zombies hardcore so new players can't lvl.

Ayyye Riiight.

Plus, didn't you resign, you should even be on a DM in the first place. Disappointed I be.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Celestial_Evil
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I must say I am not here to take sides or flame or make anyone look like an idiot. I just wanted to say that it is not that the players dont like what is being done or changed, its just that the ones that like it think that you know you are doing a good job thats why they dont say anything and only the ones that dont like it are the ones that are going to start complaining because they think if they complain hard enough they are going to get stuff changed. I can assure you that there is a big number of players that like the mod as it is now but just dont say it because they think that the ones making the changes know how much of a good job they are doing. I for example really enjoyed one of the quests you did a while ago where you got the LOS and the OSB to fight each other over an item, i loved that quest didnt say anything because i thought you knew how good it was. Well thats all i have to say...maybe we should start a poll on whether the changes taking place in dyso are good or bad, not that this will determine anything but it just may show a big number of people that like the changes that are taking place.
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, neat...

I hate being gone the weekends, thats when all the excitement goes on.

Quote:

not a single compliment directed at the administration or dm's

Tsk tsk tsk...

Quote:

You think it's annoying being ignored as a player? It's ten times more annoying when as DM or developer you try to make things great for players and nothing, absolutely nothing pleases people.
All you get is complaint after complaint.

Uhm, as a player you can't really do anything at all about it, but as a DM you can do ANYTHING about it, why do you even care if you please the players or not?

Anyway, so your not a DM here anymore, but your still going on with Tuskan, right?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, celestial and drud, as player it would help to let us know that you are fine with what we do. I mean we can't read your minds can we? All we hear is the whines and nags of those who open their big mouths. Complains would be oke if they were constructive critisism and were balanced by a fair amount of optimistic messages. Honestly would you stay in position anywhere if all you get are complaints? I rather doubt anyone would. You can say don't bother with pleasing players but that's why we put in the effort, in hopes of making it great for players to play on Dyso and when we get complaints day in day out without anything to balance it, it only becomes a source of frustration, up to the point where yes pettiness sets in. Gorbguy showed it his way by taking down the server for a while, I did it my way, Conrad just stopped listening period to any player, Bri seems to be busy doing other stuff and Gesh completely disapeared out of sight.
It's just not fun anymore. It takes only so many punches in your face until you retaliate or give up entirely.
Yes Tuskan is still being developed though this has nothing to do with Dyso.
If i knew how to fix things here on my own I would but I don't see anything changing unless people come together again and start doing something constructive instead of pointing fingers at "the other side" and breaking it all down.
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psst - Falkhor didn't kill the Merchants.

I did.

icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif

Last edited by Grusk on Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total
Falkhor
PostMon 07/07/03 10:22am
Yea i didnt kill the merchants, just the players that were online....  Reply with quote

Grusk
PostMon 07/07/03 10:25am
It's true, listen to the madman. I love slaughering little pricks like Ramar who get riled up over some bandits that level 3's kill.  Reply with quote

Drudley
High Elder

XP
 73%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what Falk?

If you made a tiny story and then released 2000 jeshan orcs instead of simply killing everyone, it could have been a fun event, hehe.. and you even might get to kill everyone in the process

Too late for that... anyway

No, nothing more to say...
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea but that would hardly get the point across now would it? You have no idea how pleasant it was at some level to just strike out and extinguish lives for no reason, to consciously piss people off instead of trying your best and still getting pissed on.
Oh wait, YOU would icon_biggrin.gif icon_wink.gif
Drudley
High Elder

XP
 73%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, and about this people need to band tgether thing, i think some people are planning someone like that already, a big one, that will change everything, else they or most of them will just leave... or something
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm speechless. Well, almost, obviously.

Some of the stuff going on on Dyso these days is just.....

So ya don't want to worry about all the bitchin'? Do you give a rats ass what *I* would do? Well I sure as hell wouldn't lash out immaturely like so many Admins here seem to like to do. I'll tell you what, that's sure as hell NOT going to change people. And it barely gets a point across. It just pisses people off. Whoop-dee-frickin'-doo. Wow. Good job. You should be SO proud.

How about this: Ya'll really want to reward the good players and punish the idiots? Then do what Rebirth was going to do: make it so's you need permission to play here. Password Protect this MF and make people apply to get in.

THAT will get a point across!

I've been looking forward to it for some time now.

Oh and to Falk and anyone else who thinks nothing good is ever said about Dyso, well, here's someone else saying "Keep up the good work, guys."
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, this is the kind of bullshit I've been talking about DMs being corrupted by power. The rule of "if you don't like it leave" applies to DMs. If you are bored with Dyso, let someone else replace you. I believed in Dyso, it was the reason I've spent nights planning a revolution, it was the reason I ran out and bought SoU. I've make it my home for almost year now, but when a DM acts like this, it's all over.

Drudley wrote:
Oh yeah, and about this people need to band tgether thing, i think some people are planning someone like that already, a big one, that will change everything, else they or most of them will just leave... or something

After this, the plan is probably pointless now.

From now on, there should be NO DMs at all.
View users profile Send private message Send email
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudley wrote:

Its called the Revolution remmber? icon_rolleyes.gif
Drudley
High Elder

XP
 73%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, i think there should be no MODERATORS, but plenty of DMs but the DMs should: a) support players and help them do things they can't otherwise. b) STAY IC ONLY, be characters around the module, do not be an ooc police guy
Uin
PostMon 07/07/03 5:38pm
Drud, there has too ooc police, if theres no-one and someone goes on the rampage, wach'ya gonna do?  Reply with quote

Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uin wrote:
Drud, there has too ooc police, if theres no-one and someone goes on the rampage, wach'ya gonna do?

Dm possessed town guard/forest ranger...booya. Other areas... youre on your own, may the strongest survive.
Drudley
High Elder

XP
 73%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, easy, if its in a city the guards will either jail him or kill him, or in the worst case get slaughtered, and in that case... poor people.

But that raging lunatic won't live long, if nothing on the earth can stop him, then one or two gods probably will
The_Wretched
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't Dyso be a better place if there were no MOD's , DM's only working for development and administrative stuff (and sometimes players or king as IC etc.) and some IC powers that can jail people ?

Wouldn't Dyso be at a better place ?

Look at the ex or new DM's , mods ... what is the difference between these bad DMs and bad players ?

Bah ...
Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Wretched wrote:
Wouldn't Dyso be a better place if there were no MOD's , DM's only working for development and administrative stuff (and sometimes players or king as IC etc.) and some IC powers that can jail people ?

They already have those.
View users profile Send private message Send email
The_Wretched
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean ONLY jailing powers . No OOC powers . No OOC people inside the game our outside the game making political decisions like some stupid rules , banning people , authorizing others with powers etc.

You jail someone if he is an ass , and let him stay there defined by the rules designed for IC , not ooc ones .. Evil can be evil and so on ...

Anyway , it won't happen with these "powerful"(!) people wandering around ... killing all people , shutting down servers , not talking or listening to players , telling them to leave the mod icon_wink.gif
Glorin
PostMon 07/07/03 6:46pm
everyone has their ideas....its gorbs that matter icon_lol.gif  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
PostMon 07/07/03 6:56pm
Gorb should be King and God and All That. Both IC and OOC.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 07/07/03 6:59pm
honestly  Reply with quote

Jon316

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do agree on the stance with Drudley about NO MODERATORS and PLENTY OF DMS.

I would LOVE to be a DM if that ever happened, then I would apply for it if they'd let me...
everything can be handled IC, I don't care what ANYONE says, whether guards or gods, everything can be handled... even a level 20 has limits, but that goes without saying doesn't it?

*sigh*

Falkor, I gotta say... one thing alone and I said it to you last night but don't know if you recieved it...

I love you, not everyone is your enemy, some people help quietly while others like to say "HEY LISTEN TO ME!!!" While Conrad says that people shouldn't talk, and you say people SHOULD talk (or speak their minds) conflicts will always evolve... what you do in this situation is very simple.

I'll let you try to see the answer wihout it being spoken.

I love you, and I got one thing to say.

Keep on Rollin' baby.

Peace.
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you too, Falk. But you already know that.

emot-heartbeat.gif emot-heartbeat.gif emot-heartbeat.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, looks like a lot has happened since I logged off last night.

But the only real thing I want to say is that I agree with Sarah, I love the MOD dyso, and I have met some really fantastic and interesting people here, from all over the world. I think thats the part I love the most.

But as I stated in other posts, the people here haven't been exactly friendly lately..so I have gone on vacation......Perhaps things will lighten up with all this talk about new mods and stuff....but I still love Dyso the mod, just not ALL the players.

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Wehnoka
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9
 33%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the people and the mod. But I don't enjoy how people are acting so spoiled. It's not like you are being charged to play here. AND the administration team is not being paid either. So take a little consideration in your griping and hollering about "I don't like this...and I don't like that" You people act like the administration team is the enemy...and their world should revolve around each and every one of you. They are doing what they can and leave it at that. They can't please everyone, so give them a break for a change and quit acting like spoiled children who didn't get the toy you wanted for Christmas.

I say Long Live Dyso....

Noka
Amelie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants and Flames All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: