DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Dyso, Can you do me a favor.....?

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Dyso, Can you do me a favor.....? Reply with quote

Say your character is walking down Kangerlah and is approached by Two people who ask you to pay a tax, DONT CONTINUE WALKING! Why do people do this? I ask all of you to please do me a favor, When being taxed and when being put in similar situations...Do not Just 1. Blatantly attack the Taxers, Atleast talk to them first. 2. keep on walking and get yourself killed. Don't do this, please do me a favor and roleplay with these situations...There was some aggreeance on Pickpocketting rules, well we need some Taxing Rules. And not only Taxing

Heres another situation, You are held up by another group of players who tell you to drop ur weapons and give up your money...you character is not going to attack them...which most people would do...Hell if people had their swords and bows up to your throat regardless if your A Super Half Orc Barbarian from the Realm of Power and Strength who worships Tempus and gives you no fear...Your not gunna be a dumbass and attack them....So please, if put in this situation.....Do not attack right out, try negotiating...or giving up a little bit of your stuff, im sure you don't need EVERYTHING in your inventory, hey i bet a few jems would even make a bandit happy.

so be a sport and grant me this favor.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh?!?!
you're not gonna get away with ppls weapons and gold just by acting like a thug
you've gotta beat them down and have them admit defeat

ooc: then u rez them, and hope they rp and give u their stuff icon_wink.gif
Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, thats not how it works here zak. that would be almost res raping and to make sure u dont get in trouble u want to avoid it even if its not res raping.

and to glorin: i think that it depends on what ur cahracter would do. a stupid half orc would be like "You no get my stuff!" and bash the taxxers heads in!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sep
PostWed 07/09/03 5:59pm
And us Halfies would run away, then sneak up and tax your purse!  Reply with quote

ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically, Glorin, you're expecting people to give you all of their money and stuff without even doing a thing. Sorry, pal, but it isn't going to happen. Because the rules may be admirable, but ofcourse the character had:
1) A spot check to spot the robbers before they hit.
2)A reflex save to see whether he could get away/attack the robbers before they had their weapons at his throat.
3)A Persuasion check to see whether he could convince the robbers that they didn't have anything.
4)A intelligence check to see whether he could outtalk(A different thing from persuasion, since it's based on intelligence) the robbers and convince them of something(Eg."There's a treasure not far, I could take you there" or "Look, I don't have anything, look at me, I'm filthy as hell,I'm wearing a completely battered armor full of stains, I look like shit...etc.").

Ofcourse, that's all within RP range, so as long as the robbers hold up to those rules(And don't start asking for insane amounts a la 2.x before those rules..), I'll go along just fine. Ofcourse, the spot check and reflex save don't need to be made unless the character actually thinks of it icon_wink.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AliZee'
PostWed 07/09/03 6:42pm
if they continue walking or refuse to pay tha 300gp you tax them...then its 'legal' to kill them...  Reply with quote

Raven
PostWed 07/09/03 7:08pm
Not fair. By these rules, you will always have the first attack.  Reply with quote

AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nahhh..tha people you tax can run away...or they can bitch smacc you hard core...tha taxer does not get tha first attack unless tha tha taxee takes a course of action other then attack...

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
View users profile Send private message
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats not fair is if i tax you 300 gp and you bitch and whine and then get taxing outlawed on tha server...that isnt fair....and i dont mean you as in YOU icon_biggrin.gif

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
Maelstrom696969
PostWed 07/09/03 7:45pm
"Glorin, I'll think about it."

Thus speaketh the Great Voice of Dysotopia (not me, I'm just repeating what I heard in a dream).

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:

1) A spot check to spot the robbers before they hit.
2)A reflex save to see whether he could get away/attack the robbers before they had their weapons at his throat.
3)A Persuasion check to see whether he could convince the robbers that they didn't have anything.
4)A intelligence check to see whether he could outtalk(A different thing from persuasion, since it's based on intelligence) the robbers and convince them of something(Eg."There's a treasure not far, I could take you there" or "Look, I don't have anything, look at me, I'm filthy as hell,I'm wearing a completely battered armor full of stains, I look like shit...etc.").

I like shadowcore things....But what pissed me off is when you try to tax someone and they completely ignore you and keep on walking like nothing happened, now THATS not rping. And when your being robbed what i mean is instead of just attacking the people outright...Talk to them first try the things ShadowCore mentioned...
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's right though. You wouldn't have the opprunity to even take out your greataxe, sheild, greatsword, or crossbow if a dude had a knife to your throat. He doesn't mean you can't run away, he just means don't blatently ignore the taxer, THAT'S what gets you killed. Also giving away all your gold and inventory is of course, unrealistic. Give the taxer what he asks for (if it is within fair asking range) and then be on your way. Otherwise, beat his ass to the ground.

The message is: Roleplaying taxing has to come from both sides. Taxer and Taxed or Taxless or Taxidermy or Andy Kaufman.
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowleaf wrote:
no, thats not how it works here zak. that would be almost res raping and to make sure u dont get in trouble u want to avoid it even if its not res raping.

and to glorin: i think that it depends on what ur cahracter would do. a stupid half orc would be like "You no get my stuff!" and bash the taxxers heads in!

im totally gonna disagree on ya.
Look at it this way, players pk each other coz its all part of the fun
but there must be room for rp.

Once the battle is fought and won, its all good, man icon_wink.gif
give the guy a rez, and trust that his honour and rp sense holds

it works, at least maybe not on dyso, aye? icon_twisted.gif
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im just saying that rez-raping is so taboo that you could get in trouble for that kind of behavior so i recommend that you find a different way (personally i like petrification icon_twisted.gif )
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a script that when you kill someone, they don't lose exp, they stay at -9 for around 5 minutes hoping for someone to heal them. This way, a taxer can beat the victim up without killing him/her and demand the money or you make the final blow.

This would rawk.

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostThu 07/10/03 3:59am
That's a brilliant idea.  Reply with quote

AliZee'
PostThu 07/10/03 5:29am
that is a brilliant idea  Reply with quote

Celestial_Evil
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats good...only problem is that then we will go back to the whole people pping other people clean, if we are going to do that then just remove the script that kills you when you pp a dead person because it will be useless.
Falkhor
PostThu 07/10/03 6:55am
*coughs*subduel damage*coughs*  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falk, im not sure if subdual dmg exsists in nwn. there is a damage type that might be it but it would appear as badstrref if u put it on a club and ppl would be all like "HACKED HACKED HACKED OMGOMGOMGOMG!" besides, i dont think any of the current developers know how to do what i am talking about
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not in there as far as i know, but it would be a great addition.
If anyone could script it, it would be amazing although the question is how.
It could be scripted maybe on a specific weapon which probably would be the easiest way to do. As it is I have a weapon in my mod called the bashing bat which knocks the target unconcious for a bit without doing too much damage. But that lasts only 2 rounds or so. Anyway if someone has solutions put it on the tusk forum or world builders forum here, would be good to have in there someway.
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subdual damage would be awesome, as Drudley has been saying for such a long time. Looking through some .2DA editor, subdual damage is definately there, as is divine, negative, positive etc etc. However they need to be "unlocked", which is a simple process. But as Shadowleaf said, everyone would manually have to do this otherwise they'd get the badstrref message on any item you put these locked damages onto. There could be other ways though, I'm not sure.

Staying on topic, I agree. If you are being taxed or held at knife-point, there's no use pretending it's not happening by walking away or attacking the person holding the knife to your neck! Negiotate with them, warn them to stop, hell even talk about the weather! icon_mrgreen.gif Just don't ignore them. It's the worst thing you can do. The absolute worst thing that can happen if you keep your cool is you lose 300gp, and it's definately better than not cooperating and ending up dead. If you survive it, run back to town and rally up your friends to stop their evil acts! It's really fun, for both sides believe me. icon_biggrin.gif

Griff
Jon316

XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL sorry to say, but man, people don't know much... Subdual damage "rawks" as someone above would say.

It's very successful

heres the excerpt from the actual script from the nwn vault

Code:
This system allows PCs to be subdued in PvP battles. But others have expressed interest in it, and so it was
released in this form. This does NOT follow suit to DnD 3E rules for subdual damage.
There are no attack penalties associated with it, and it has no effect when fighting
monsters. There is no drawback to leaving it on.

When a PC attacks another PC, and subdual damage is on, unconsciousness will occur in
place of death. Repeated attacks will cause the player to proceed through various 'levels'
of unconsciousness:

Winded     - Unconscious for 15 seconds, disabled(AC and speed decreased) for 30
             seconds after recovery
Black out  - Unconscious for 30 seconds, disabled for 60 seconds, drops gold
Knock out  - Unconscious for 45 seconds, disabled for 120 seconds, drops gold,
             weapon, and pack items.
Concussion - Unconscious for 60 seconds, disabled for 240 seconds, drops gold,
             all equipped items, and all inventory items.

If a player is subdued again while unconscious, or while disabled,
he will proceed down the list. Sparring mode will keep a PC at the Winded level.

that's it, and it works, what you have is a little player tool, like an emote wand that brings up a list of 4 options

1) Do subdual damage to other players
2) Do normal damage to other players.
3) Sparring Mode.
4) Cancel (lol)

and thats it...

sparring mode does no damage, subduel does what i said in the code, it knocks them out, and normal damage does exactly as it says...

very fun

i have the coding for it in a couple of modules... works fine too, but if someone wants the code just check for it in the NWN vault network

or i can post it, whatever

Subdual is the most awsome form of something in anything, just keep them knocked down

I believe some person even went so far as to make an extention to it as to be able to "tie up" another player after they are knocked out, and be able to drag them around like auto follow, and they would be dominated and paralyzed, unable to do anything or something like that, and they automatically got warped when the person that tied them up moved 5 feet away, they sort of just walk through it..... like when your in DM mode and only warp a short distance ahead... like that almost...

but anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: