DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Arkania Vs. Dyso will this ever end???

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Kane
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8 EXP: 6 / 8
 75%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Arkania Vs. Dyso will this ever end??? Reply with quote

Ok I'm going to try and settle this one for good. Look this Pissing contest between Dyso and Arkania has got to stop. Its very simple you Like Dyso or you Like Arkania or you Like Both. It does not matter its only a game. Dyso has some great things going for it and its where I started playing NWN online and I called it home for a little over a month. But with the changes Dyso started to make I felt I would be happier elsewhere and a few other Dyso players agreed and we started to work on our own mod and then Arkania was born. So please lets stop bashing each other already its time to put an end to this. If you don't like Arkania then don't play it, and the same goes for any who Don't like Dyso. Both mods have Different atmospheres and each person has to make up their mind which is best for them or even if neither is what they are looking for. But please lets stop the whole my mod is better then your mod routine and get on with our lives and enjoy the game for what it is.

Now I do not steal ideas from dyso like someone stated that I was trying to steal the idea for the orbs of pain. Well a player suggested it not I. And I am not even going to implement them cause theft is not such a problem in my Mod cause of the abundance of gold and the 34+ quest to get lots of items at anytime, so there is no real need to steal from anyone other then just some fun Role Playing.

I am not a scriptor but I do manage to edit scripts and change things to suit the needs of my Mod. Or I have friends who know how to script and who are willing to help me out in that area. And yes Dyso has a lot of great scripts I would love to use in Arkania but they do not post their stuff and I can accept that cause its hard to give up your hard work to someone else.

Also please Griff Inn do not insult me with names or by comparing me to a 5 year old...Cause I didn't trash talk Dyso other then replying to what others had posted to me. But yes I did say that I am more involved with the mod and interaction with the players, but that is a truth as from what I can remeber and from all the stories others have told me.

Former OSB member
View users profile Send private message
Y
PostWed 07/09/03 7:27pm
<spam> I was there, ok now you can lock the topic </spam>  Reply with quote

Raven
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59 EXP: 38 / 59
 64%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this Arkania that you're all talking about? I can never find it in the game list.

*walks onto wall and sprays*
RAVEN WUZ HERE
View users profile Send private message Send email
Kane
Mortal

XP
 75%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a direct connect only to weed out a bunch of childish players who want to make people miserable best way to connect is to go to Find Lan Game and then select direct connect and enter 24.162.56.152:5121 and then your in the game. I also stopped posting to Gamespy in order to try and help prevent some of the lag that is caused by them.

Former OSB member
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Kane. I hope this does indeed end it. As someone who enjoys both MOD's, I sooo despise the lame supposed-"rivalry".

Cheers!
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Kane
Mortal

XP
 75%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it kinda felt like an old high school football team rivalry between to schools in the same town hahaha. I just really hope it stops and we can all get along.

Former OSB member
Kindo
PostWed 07/09/03 7:46pm
emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostWed 07/09/03 7:53pm
Well I can't be sure, but I haven't heard much lately. Might be things have cooled down a notch?  Reply with quote

Kane
PostWed 07/09/03 7:55pm
I sure hope so.  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what rivalry? <---- rhetorical question

oh i get it, everyone on arkania hates dyso and always talks about how arkania's better and stuff. here at dyso we dont give a shit ok kane? we dont talk about arkania, the developers dont try to be better or anything, we dont even think about arkania except for the small instances when a former dyso player mentions it but really, we dont care
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kane
Mortal

XP
 75%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5352 you really should read up before you try and post about it. There is a long history of flames between both sides.

Former OSB member
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a little bit of Ariia and Hurin talking about why they like Arkania so much and how they dislike dyso for this and that...and that was just about it....Arkania just happens to be a mod that is mentioned often in Dyso because many Dyso players also play there...
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff Inn, in a different thread wrote:
The main problem isn't the hostilities. It's that people take things the wrong way. A bit of humor is blown way out of proportion and gets taken as a personal insult.

Kane is yet another victim of this.

Griff Inn, a while back wrote:
If you like dyso, play dyso. If you like arkania, play arkania. If you like both, then play both. There is no right or wrong answer on which mod is the best. Itís your personal opinion.

Kane wrote:
Arkania vs Dyso, will this ever end?

One thing's for sure, it will never end if threads like this keep popping up.

I will say no more on the topic, nor view it again. And if any of these childish threads pop up in future I will not waste my time posting in them.

Griff
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GorbGuy wrote:
To set the record straight, I was NOT bashing Arkania.

This Arkania vs Dyso Topic was pretty much dead untill you brought it up again, kane.
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Norrec
Hero

XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont we just link the two togather like the two servers were linked eh? If you dont like one module, click a warp gate hit 8 on yee keypad and you on your way to Arkania.
Ariia
PostWed 07/09/03 10:37pm
Some one asked for political strife........Here ya go weirdlook.gif  Reply with quote

Kane
Mortal

XP
 75%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Gorbguy was not bashing but I have seen it else where and other dyso players have told me and this post was not meant for further flames and so far it is not. I just wanted to post here explaining myself and things that were posted or said by players about me and my mod. I have tried to delete topics as they form on my forums with dyso bashing in them except for one that was not really bashing just open discussion that some dyso player started. So please dont take this as anything other then what it is. I just want to see everyone get along with each other and stop the hate thats being tossed back and forth (I know its not all in the forums but other players have come to me and said some things as well). I just found it all kinda crazy cause its only a game.

Former OSB member
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

XP
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

have tried to delete topics as they form on my forums with dyso bashing in them

notice that that Arkania... Topic is locked.
and is also the only thing of its kind with our "I heard this..", "I heard that..."

and i think most of it wasn't directed at you Kane, or even your mod, but at Ariia and Hurin.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there will probably always be loudmouth people in arkania who will want to trash dyso, and there will probably always be loudmouth people in dyso who will want to trash arkannia.
but i think it's save to say that the dyso developpers team does not have and/or support an anti arkannia view.
and if players are bashing arkania on our forums then they aren't any better then the ones who are bashing dyso in my opinion.
i think the mod's have run pretty good side by side sofar, i know quite a few people who play both servers and it goes pretty well i think.
unless someone from the administration would like to add something this is closed for now.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: