DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Wish List
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Foozbane
PostThu 07/10/03 11:18pm
Post your craziest, most improbable and amazing feature requests here! Anything goes!  Reply with quote

Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: CUSTOM PICKPOCKETING Reply with quote

Custom Pickpocketing and Anti-pickpocketing

I would like to see a custom pickpocketing setup with the following features:

Studying. Make it so that a thief can "study" a potential target (use special item to begin studying). The longer a thief studies his target, the better his odds become of getting something valuable. Also, the longer he studies, the greater his odds become of becoming spotted: the longer he waits, the lower his DC becomes vs. the target's Spot check. This way, a thief may observe how his target unconsciously makes movements to protect valuables located in certain hiding spots on their person, or wait until they are not looking to make the attempt.

Moments of opportunity. In concert with studying, occassionally give the thief a floaty text message along the lines of, "Your victim seems distracted." If the thief quickly does their PP attempt at that time, they stand a much better chance of success. The smart thief will also be able to create distractions, or use other distractions caused by other world events to his/her advantage here.

Selective PPing. When a thief starts studying a target, let them optionally choose what kind of item they want to go after. Of course, bigger and more precious items are harder to get, but this makes sense RP since a thief may be trying to get a particular kind of item and will therefore not grab any old handful of rocks out of target's pack.

Rules to eliminate bullet-stacking. In short, when a PP attempt succeeds, never give the thief certain kinds of items: no cheap bullets, no cheap arrows, and the like. Restrict items that are given in a PP attempt to only ones of (a) a certain minimum value; and (b) within a certain size-range (selective PPing notwithstanding). This should help defeat bullet-stackers, and makes sense RPistically, since no thief worth his/her weight is going to repeatedly grab handfuls of useless rocks.

Item-missing messages given at appropriate times. Under NWN's default pickpocketing setup, even if a thief beats his target's Spot check during PP, the victim gets a "Lost Item: x" message in their msg window. This naturally enough results in the death of untold innocent halflings near crime scenes. I propose we rework PPing so that, when the victim fails the Spot check, a lost-item message is given later on. When that would be would be determined by (a) A random time interval determined by a dice roll + the victim's Spot skill; and (b) The next time they rest (also subject to a dice roll, but with good odds of discovery at that time). Of course, if the player notes the item missing by paging through their inventory pages, then RPistically the character noticed it too.

No chain PPing. We must remember to put in strict anti-chain-PP rules. I propose the rule be implemented as follows: if 2 PP attempts occur by the same thief, on the same victim, within 6 realtime seconds of each other, the thief is instantly killed and the full contents of their inventory dumped in a loot bag next to their sorry corpse.

Difficult to repeat-PP. Even with chain-PP being prevented, there is still the problem of repeat PPs. I propose the following new rules to make repeat PPs more realistically difficult:

(1) After the initial PP attempt (successful or not), the thief's odds of repeat success are greatly decreased. This would probably be a function of the time since last attempt, for example DC = (standard DC calculation) + (10 - game-minutes since last attempt). In this way, an immediate repeat PP has a +10 to the thief's DC to succeed, and 5 game-minutes later has a +5 DC. If the thief tries multiple times within the 10-minute period following their first attempt, the DC penalties accumulate. These numbers are just to get the idea out there, they may need to be harsher to really be effective.

(2) Apply the same kind of penalties as described above, but to a lesser degree against other thieves vs. a given target. So, say Falkhor PPs Foozbane first -- then Griff tries right after, but suffers a +5 DC to succeed against Foozbane. If Roido then tries right after that, he suffers a +10 to his DC -- and so on. This will help prevent "gang-PPing", which despite the protests of halflings everywhere, just isn't realistic -- Foozbane may be dumb, but he's not that dumb to not realize why a pack of knee-high halflings keep darting at his pack.

Biting Bags. Create a new item called Biting Bag or similar. The idea here is that these bags are living creatures which you can put objects into. A thief who happens to stick his arm into one of these bags will (a) not be able to pickpocket anything out of it, (b) become known to their victim, and (c) suffer a hit to their hitpoints ("Something bites your arm!"). These bags would then be a sort of portable safe that people could carry with them to protect their most valuable items. However, they would need to be fed something regularly to keep them alive; failure to do so results in the bag digesting the character's valuables inside the bag, and eventually results in the death of the bag (at which point it becomes a regular bag). Feeding the bag certain kinds of food (a game secret) gives the bag special powers, such as poisoning or paralyzing would-be pickpocketers. To keep things sane, we should only allow a player to carry one biting bag at any time (otherwise players will put all their items into biting bags and be immune to thievery). If a character puts two biting bags into their inventory, the bags will start fighting aggressively, resulting in the death of one of the bags! Think Tamogatchi with a purpose.

Item Banks. There needs to be item banks in the game where players can deposit their valuable, but not often-used items for safekeeping. There should be a recurring fee in order to keep your items protected, and if you don't pay the fee when it becomes due within a certain time period, the bank will sell off your items to pay for the account. Whether the clock keeps ticking when the player isn't on for a while is up for discussion. These would be in addition to regular player chests inside player-owned residences, which are more susceptible to being burglarized than the item-bank, which can be looted but is almost impossible to pull off (lots of guards).

The easiest way to implement all of these custom PP rules would be to negate every thief's Pickpocketing skill so that s/he cannot PP in the normal way. Then give thieves (anybody with a positive PP skill score) a pair of special items which invoke the "Study" and "Attempt pickpocket" actions respectively on a given target.

Fooz

[11:12] GorbGuy: phew, getting a buzz off a mega-sharpie
View users profile Send private message Send email
Glith
The Wanderer

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33
 69%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New XP Theory

I don't have experience on other servers, but here's a thought on XP... basically disabling it on the server all together. Leave gold and treasure on, but only award XP through DM events or Quests.

It would pretty much disable PowerLeveling and discourage those that were there for something other than RP, and would control Level Advancement.

The disadvantage is that you'd need lots of quests / DM Events

Thoughts?

Mood of the Moment:
"I Feed the Pidgeons - I Sometimes Feed the Sparrows too. It gives me a sense of enormous well-being."
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xp theory

I kinda liked the idea Fooz had on xp. I don't mind people hunting creatures for xp. What i don't like is them sitting around spawn points to pick off the monsters the easy way over and over. Fooz' idea was to have monsters give less and less xp the more you kill of them, forcing you to move location if you want to gain xp this way and allowing others to take their turn at that location. After all how much more experienced can you get after killing your hundreth monster of the same type?

Other than that stimulating quests is the way to go. I have some ideas on randomly generated quests that i'll put here a bit later, in essence making rushing them impossible since you first need to gather the clues by interacting with the npc's or stumbling on some randomly placed clue.
View users profile Send private message
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Npc's growing up Reply with quote

With the new henchmen autolevel up script it's possible to make persistent npc's who grow in power over time I think. By making them persistent and letting a randomizer pick a name i think we could have npc's who start out as mere mortals, and who grow over time. It would be great if they even made their own plans based on personality factors and alignment. Even greater would be if they remembered which players reacted in what way to them. (evil npc was insulted by player when he was level 1, now he's more powerfull and wants to take revenge).
I was considering this mostly for npc rulers who can have kids or pupils who are raised and take their parent's place as ruler once the ruler of a city gets killed. Wiping out a dynasty causes a revolution and might result in players taking over a city. Also fun would be to have players get a chance to raise kids or pupils of their own. icon_wink.gif. Can you imagine the drama when their kid gets killed by some evil bastard or the pride one feels when your pupil grows up and becomes a legendary figure?
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foozbane wrote:
No chain PPing. We must remember to put in strict anti-chain-PP rules. I propose the rule be implemented as follows: if 2 PP attempts occur by the same thief, on the same victim, within 6 realtime seconds of each other, the thief is instantly killed and the full contents of their inventory dumped in a loot bag next to their sorry corpse.

Difficult to repeat-PP. Even with chain-PP being prevented, there is still the problem of repeat PPs. I propose the following new rules to make repeat PPs more realistically difficult:

(1) After the initial PP attempt (successful or not), the thief's odds of repeat success are greatly decreased. This would probably be a function of the time since last attempt, for example DC = (standard DC calculation) + (10 - game-minutes since last attempt). In this way, an immediate repeat PP has a +10 to the thief's DC to succeed, and 5 game-minutes later has a +5 DC. If the thief tries multiple times within the 10-minute period following their first attempt, the DC penalties accumulate. These numbers are just to get the idea out there, they may need to be harsher to really be effective.

(2) Apply the same kind of penalties as described above, but to a lesser degree against other thieves vs. a given target. So, say Falkhor PPs Foozbane first -- then Griff tries right after, but suffers a +5 DC to succeed against Foozbane. If Roido then tries right after that, he suffers a +10 to his DC -- and so on. This will help prevent "gang-PPing", which despite the protests of halflings everywhere, just isn't realistic -- Foozbane may be dumb, but he's not that dumb to not realize why a pack of knee-high halflings keep darting at his pack.

Chain PPing: Ok, I don't think this is a problem any more for 2 reasons:
#1: it's been completely worked out of the standard NWN engine... it's not even possible anymore (with standard PP command)
#2: if we use items to pp (for the custom pp scripts such as focusing to steal) then I believe that they are only used in a cycle of 1 per 6 seconds... (Correct me if I'm wrong)

also relating to custom items for being able to PP people (i.e. a pickpocket tool): make sure it doesn't eliminate stealth mode... which would be a dead givaway for anyone...

for the PP difficulties ramping up: I'd personally rather see the person's spot modifier rise instead, so the thief would be caught in the act rather than failing and getting away with it... (or the spot modifier AND PP DC could rise, just to make things interesting... icon_twisted.gif)

These are the only 2 that I'd modify, everything else was beautiful, fooz

[edited to make it seem less bitchy at fooz]
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!

Last edited by Little Teapot on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tradeskills
Here is my idea for the perfect Tradeskill system:

There is a chest. this is no ordinary chest, this chest puts an Item into a database slot using it's Item tag, then destroys (or not) the item.

The rest of it works as a normal tradeskill system would, except: When you are making the item desired (in the tradeskill placable), the Placable assembles the item by the component pieces... Say you want to make a Mithral Longsword +3... the Dialog (or some other trick of scripting) Determines if you can make said item (this includes chances of failure, etc.) then instead of pulling it off of a blueprint, it gets it out of the Database system, which would allow for more flexible Tradeskills, faster development of them, and easier multisource input of said items...

one of the drawbacks of doing this is it could be much easier for someone to put an item that the DB "thinks" is a Iron Dagger except it's really "Teapot's armor of uber resistance to everything you care to throw at them"... of course, this would be very easy to correct, but it makes it much harder to keep track of the TS items...
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:
Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think as long as no players are creating items in the mod (which obviously they won't be able to) this should not be a problem, just gotta make sure to have unique tags/resrefs for everything you might ever want to craft in tradeskills.

Having it in-db would also allow us to do tradeskills "recipe" management from a web interface looking at the same db tables. Pretty easily in fact.

I liked Gesh's old idea of having a large number of tradeskill-creatable items (not as many as he was talking about, but a good 1000 or 2 would be great). I'm thinking about ways to make this process less tedious than hand-creating each one in the toolset..

Fooz

Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Radio" system

I would like to see a "radio" system in the new mods. This would basically be an item(s) which characters hold. On this item, they can turn off or on different "channels" -- channels might be "Announcements", "Barters", "OOC", maybe specific channels for certain guilds.

Players would then be able to say things and direct them to go into a certain channel, for example you might say "barter: I have a bag full of useless rocks for sale 5000gp" and that message would be broadcast to anyone who has the Barter channel turned "on" (is listening).

I think this would be a great replacement for the shout system, which mainly sucks because you can't easily regulate what comes across. With a radio system, you could throttle how many msgs per channel/player are allowed in a given timeframe. Players only have to listen to the channels they are interested in. There can be rules in place to determine which channels are available to which characters (guild channels for instance). It would also be possible to ban players from broadcasting on certain/all channels if they are spamming.

With NWNX DB support, it would also be pretty easy to make these radios go cross-server, so if somebody broadcasts from one mod, it can be heard across all mods simultaneously.

Technically, this would work as follows: when you want to broadcast a message you use a special item. This creates an invisible NPC "listener" who stands next to the player. The player can then say their message and the NPC listener will hear it (OnPerceived), and hand it off to be broadcast to whomever. After a minute of no new radio messages, we would destroy the invisible NPC listener to conserve NWserver resources.

Fooz

Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rework Timestop

I suggest that we kill the current behavior of Timestop. Instead, when somebody casts Timestop, do the following:

1. Create the Timestop visual effect on the caster.
2. Paralyze and make non-commandable all PCs and NPCs in the current area, except for the caster.
3. 6 seconds later, remove paralysis and non-commandable states.

This would have the same basic function for the caster that regular Timestop has -- the ability to move and act while everything around them is immobile -- but without the problem of the whole server having to wait around for the spell to finish. This would also of course eliminate abusers of Timestop. The only real downside is that it does not look quite as cool -- leaves don't freeze in mid-fall in the forest, etc. But all things considered, I think that's a minor price to pay for stopping the irritating effects of Timestop like it is now.

Fooz

Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for Reworking timestop you could do a ClearAllActions and a ActionStopAnimation followed by the Set noncommandable... that way things immune to paralysis wouldn't continue what they are doing...
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:
Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximum Ages

I think it would be pretty cool to have an Old Age progression going... Where players might die after a certain amount of time, with DB support people could have a set amount of time (wether they age if they don't play is up to debate) to have their character, depending on race (Elves naturally live longer). as a consolation for having characters die, they could give stat bonuses (+1,2,3 to Int, wis and Cha in the 3 age brackets, -1,2,3 to Str, Dex, con in the sane 3 age brackets.

If people don't want to die they might be able to buy Potions of Longevity to extend their lifespan
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:
Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DM Event Wand

I talked with fooz a little while back about this item, and we both think a DM event Wand/rod would be really helpful...

here's what I think we said it would Ideally be able to do:

DM's should be able to make/schedule events by making Demiscripts... these could be able to assign a command to the creature (Speak "bla") using key words.
using the wand you could either create the script based on an extensive dialog system, (Define> "Smite" > What do you want it to do? > Make Visual Effect > Lightning > what do you want it to do? > End Define) or by simply speaking the script to a nearby placable. this would be a very hard item to make, and would take a lot of effort by more than 1 scripter (probably). However, it could pose some interesting results for Persistant, lengthy and very involved DM events, should it be implemented...
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Glith said up above with the XP - the only problem with doing that, is you need *tons* of dms to always be running events. They do it like that on Myth Drannor...you get auto level 3...i'm *still* level 3...it's kind of fun but in the same way boring. Takes too long to advance, and if you aren't involved in an event, you just sit there and chat. Having said that, having tons of dm's to run events constantly is a great idea!
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issac's storm and harm need serious revision. I have seen one place where harm is retooled to be a 50% of hit point loss ... if you cast it twice, it's thus a half of a half, etc. Issac's needs to be neutered all the way around ... have yet to hear a person (other than some of the typical asses) think it was fine as it is.

Also clerical "harm" spells should be reserved for only evil clerics ... and when I say harm here I am talking about cause serious wounds, etc. These sorts of spells should require evil alignment to use and, furthermore, since the character has essentially opted to be a "vessel" of such negative energy, "heal" spells should not be available to them. Meaning they get the cause wounds and such but not the cure wounds spells. This would be something the character would either have to define at creation ... as there surely could and should be evil clerics who use healing/curative spells. But if they want the harming variety ... then they never get the curative types.

I think factions should/could be more adjustable. For example, you have Town X and Character A joins the Town X militia force. Character A should be toggled to the town faction so that the city npcs and what not perhaps have a more favorable reaction to them, they are hostile to people who have attacked NPCs, and all that goes into faction relations. Admittedly when you log out your faction would revert back to standard player ... but that could be easily adjusted by simply having said character "check in" with their faction leader when they login for a session.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, personally, I am against "tradeskills" in all forms. Period. Flat out no, bad idea, icky-poo yuck. I will vote against them every chance I get and am not of a mind to compromise on it at all, sorry. Just getting that out of the way.

If you want to have "craftable" items, the way to do it is via forge NPCs who take ingredient pieces and make new items from them with the "help and payment" of the player character. Sufficient checks can be put into place to account for characters who are so "out of balance" ability score wise that they end up having to pay way more to the NPC or simply have not the skills or intellect/wisdom to comprehend how to help the NPC forge the item.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's the genereal way we're going with Tuskan. I ripped the Crafter npc script from the single player game but haven't gotten to customzing it for the mod. Basically you need a standard item, an ingredient and money to make the items but a check sounds excellent. Maybe Appraise as well to compensate a little.
For potions, scrolls, grenade like weapons and some rechargables like wands i want to customize Griff's alchemist set. It's quite a nice setup.
Requiring certain ingredients makes making items a small quest on its own. Where do I find the resources? Can I get to them? Must someone help me to gain them?The journey to reach the materials can be a treat in itself if it's found in dangerous terrain.
Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad - why are you against Tradeskills? It seems like it would add a nice RP element to me ... especially if learning Tradeskills required that you be taught by a Master, and only PCs would (eventually) be Masters in the game.

Giving Tradeskills to PCs, and also making persistent NPC merchants who a PC can "rent" to sell their goods while offline, seems like a good solution to the "I can't find any good items" problem.

Fooz

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am against tradeskills because they add a huge degree of overhead with, in my view, very little bang for the buck. Their use seems to bloat the game resources in an inordinate manner and take a considerable degree of effort for something that, to me, ends up as little more than window dressing. I have seen where several mods tried to use them before and while some rock on with them, many end up getting rid of them because of additional lag, server stability problems and other issues. The use of "NPC crafters" mixed with some skill/ability checks and money from the player character can achieve much of the same effect as tradeskills without as much of the BS involved in my eyes.

I fully realize there will be those who will stick to their guns about tradeskills and no matter of debate will change their mind ... I respect that. In turn respect that no matter of debate will back me off my stand that they are basically a sink hole of design time that make for a neat piece of something but, essentially, are really not that big of a deal and certainly not worth the effort needed.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of agree with Conrad, tradeskills needn't be implemented, but some form of player made items do need to go in there. I liked the Glorwing idea where you could buy an item for 100.000 gold per item level, and design it yourself with some limitations to make it so that lame people are kept away from lame things as much as possible. But that was done mainly out of the game, besides it being done through a certain traders guild.

I also like the idea of Falk, where travel is necessary to get the ingredients, but you can't make stuff yourself. After all, you have been adventuring all the time, and thus had little room to learn a craft...

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best "compromise" on item creation works like this ...

1) you lay out a few dozen ingredients that will be found around the realm ... some more common than others, some requiring quests ... some maybe just laying around in little corners of the world. Bear in mind some could even be scrolls and potions or gems, ores, etc. ... but some must be stuff that the character has to go out into the world and secure for themselves somehow.

2) you chart out which each ingredient does when combined with a particular item ... and which ingredients could provide multiple enhancements when combined with others, etc. basically puts together your item recipes ... and you toolset the various resulting items

3) checks are put in place with the NPC crafter to compare/review the player character trying to help the NPC forge said item. If the character is too dumb, the NPC maybe tells the PC to get lost or charges them triple and does it themselves, if the character has no charisma, maybe the NPC reacts unfavorable to them and charges extra for the service, if they are too weak, maybe there is certain items they cannot make ... etc. etc. just examples. The idea here is to sorta place a bit of encouragement to create well-rounded characters rather than the usual lame tactic of minimizing all but the primary ability of the character in question. Someone could still DO it, but they would find that their "all charisma, nothing else" sorcerer has not the intelligence or the strength to assist NPC in the crafting of even a relatively simple magic dagger.
Little Teapot
Deity

XP
 19%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foozbane wrote:
"Radio" system

I would like to see a "radio" system in the new mods. This would basically be an item(s) which characters hold. On this item, they can turn off or on different "channels" -- channels might be "Announcements", "Barters", "OOC", maybe specific channels for certain guilds.

Players would then be able to say things and direct them to go into a certain channel, for example you might say "barter: I have a bag full of useless rocks for sale 5000gp" and that message would be broadcast to anyone who has the Barter channel turned "on" (is listening).

[snip]

[edit] oops... forgot to put a message in this... just a freefloating quote icon_redface.gif[/edit]

I could take care of this... it would need a special heartbeat (if it were scheduled for HB Event scripts) or maybe not (if nobody wanted it in the DB heartbeat event scripts), so... I'm going to get on it... just for fun...

[edit 2]ok, I got as far as I could tonight... which was surprisingly far (done, untested) ... I'll be gone all week, so I sent the stuff to fooz for testification... the soonest I'll be able to get back on is next saturday. see y'all[/edit 2]
Matthijs says:
Matthijs says:

Last edited by Little Teapot on Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total
Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character Destruction Booth

A booth where characters may "commit suicide", permamently destroying the character and wiping them off the face of the servers. This would be nice as players could keep their character lists clean, especially if we granted play privileges on a Gamespy Account basis.

This should be pretty easy to do with the use of NWNX DB and an external script to check the DB and delete BIC files as requested. It could also be facilitated through WriteTimestampedLogEntry().

Fooz

Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger Farm and Training Academy

I want a place where I can go buy a pet badger like in Dyso. But then, I want a badger training academy!

Here's what I'm envisioning: you take your new pet badger to the academy, and by paying money or doing some quests, you can equip your badger with new skills, bonuses and powers. For instance, send the badger to combat training and they become better fighters. Take them to the Claw Shop and you can get upgrades to their claws and add poisoning, paralysis, etc. effects. Or, take them downstairs to the Cursed Altar of Badger Unmortality, and have your badger transformed into an undead badger of demonic power!!!!

Your pet badger would be remembered in the DB so that the next time you come back he/she is still there.

Fooz

Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foozbane wrote:
Badger Farm and Training Academy

I want a place where I can go buy a pet badger like in Dyso. But then, I want a badger training academy!

Here's what I'm envisioning: you take your new pet badger to the academy, and by paying money or doing some quests, you can equip your badger with new skills, bonuses and powers. For instance, send the badger to combat training and they become better fighters. Take them to the Claw Shop and you can get upgrades to their claws and add poisoning, paralysis, etc. effects. Or, take them downstairs to the Cursed Altar of Badger Unmortality, and have your badger transformed into an undead badger of demonic power!!!!

Your pet badger would be remembered in the DB so that the next time you come back he/she is still there.

Fooz

hehe thats cool, and the even cooler thing is it would be easy! for most of it use the auto-levelup thing for NPC's so the badger would need to have a PC class, and for the claw upgrades yo ucan use creature items. wow i might wanna do that if i have the time, it sounds fun.
Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player housing and furniture

I want player purchased/rentable housing! YES. I am a big fan of this.

I would also like to see player-placeable furniture for their residences! When you rent a house it starts out pretty much empty. You can go to the local furniture store, and browse the various furniture on display. When you find one that you like, you can purchase it and will be given a 'deed' for the furniture.

Return to your house, and use the deed to place your furniture wherever you like. Also make it possible to re-locate and rotate the furniture as you see fit. This could also include persistent player chests, periodically retriggering traps, maybe even guards or servants eventually.

Fooz

Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowleaf wrote:
hehe thats cool, and the even cooler thing is it would be easy! for most of it use the auto-levelup thing for NPC's so the badger would need to have a PC class, and for the claw upgrades yo ucan use creature items. wow i might wanna do that if i have the time, it sounds fun.

Cool. I think autolevel will work for some stuff, though for things like turning your badger undead it might take some specialized coding (probably would want to turn the badger into a dire badger and/or create special effects on the badger). Definitely claw upgrades would be a cinch with creature items.

I'd also like to see a set of about 100 different starting badgers with different names to pick from, so that you can pick one that has a unique name. I only wish NWN would add custom name tokens for creatures like they did for placeables!! icon_smile.gif

Fooz

Foozbane
Elder

XP
 38%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reputation and Anti-PKer Measures

I would like to see the following anti-PKer measures implemented:

Reputation. Implement a general Reputation system on players. The more often they PK, the more their Reputation score goes down. It may also be possible to implement positive Reputation adjustments, for example by raising or healing non-partied players, or from particular quest events.

City ban. Players with a bad Reputation will be banned from most major cities. They will not be allowed to enter unless they pay a fine, or until a certain time period passes.

Merchant dislike. A bad Reputation yields worse prices in the stores both inside and outside of cities; similarly, a good Reputation could help out on the prices ("Ohhh, it is the fabled Foozbane! Please, come in, come in ... for you, a special price today good sir!") Really low Reputations could mean the merchant won't even do business with you. Different merchants should have different tolerances to low Reputations, and a few may even favor those with the worst Reputations.

Judicial system. It would also be pretty cool to implement a judicial system where the player can go on trial for their crimes if they have a bad Reputation. Either NPCs or PCs could potentially play the role of judge and/or jurors. It would also be cool if eventually, during a trial, we could "take you back" to the scene of the crime .. basically teleport everyone to an area and re-play the actions of the assailant and victim, complete with other nearby players/creatures and anything they may have spoken at the time of the event. Future wishing, for sure icon_smile.gif but technically feasible.

Hireable assassins. This has already been partially implemented in Tuskandale. Basically you can hire assassins to hunt down a character you dislike, and NPC assassins will spawn periodically near the character and try to kill them. Players can also act as bounty hunters, and hunt down characters on the hit list in return for a portion of the reward money placed on their head. This system needs to be worked on to work with DB persistence and be more detailed RP-wise.

Fooz

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff there, all of it ... tho I was never one who was enthralled with "eLiTE PheAR Badgers". Please if we do pets and such like that, give them some decent names.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRADEROUTES

Old Tuskan idea, but not too difficult to set up i think.
We'll try and set up npc traderoutes. These can be robbed by well...robbers and guarded by well...guardians, NPC or Players. Depending on whether a trade convoy makes it to town or not prizes in shops for certain items could maybe be adjusted? Like if an ore transport doesn't make it to the city weapons and armor become slighly more expensive. Not sure if that last bit is worth the trouble but it would give players reason to keep the traderoutes clear of bandits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Idea Mill All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: