DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

A farewell to Dysotopia...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: A farewell to Dysotopia... Reply with quote

Yes, by now most of you knows that I will no longer be hosting Dyso. I will be bringing the server offline sometime later today (when I can drive up to Kentwood Michigan and reset the server, heh, I forgot the password to get into it icon_redface.gif .) Until the "new mod" is completed, I will be hosting Tuskan. I don't plan on linking up, servervault wise, with the other Tuskan server yet, so if you create a character on the Michigan server, it won't be the same elsewhere. However, that capability will be coming with the new mod. Falk did a wonderful job of explaining it here: /tusk/viewtopic.php?p=183#183
Also, I would like to say thanks to all of you for the experiance that dyso has brought. It truely has been a lot of fun, and I hope that we will all see each other in the future on the new world we are working to create for all of you. I know that in recent weeks, things have been... a little sour with me. But I can assure you, I'm not mad at any of you (name a few buttheads which will remain anonymous.) My frustration with Dyso moving forward was kinda bearing down. Yes, I do realize that this is just a game, but for me, it's also a hobby. I try doing everything I can to make things more enjoyable for myself and if that involves creating a more enjoyable experiance for others, then even better. Same theory as why people who golf get so upset when they don't shoot a 70, or when you're playing basketball with a friend, miss a shot, and get upset. It's really no different. So to all of you I've angered in the past week or so, and this does include you Brian, you have my appologies. I really wasn't mad at any of you, nor am I now, and I hope you realize that now, by what all has happened.
Anyways, to all of you whom stay, see you in game. To all of you whom are moving onto other waters, enjoy the trip. It truely has been a lot of fun.

Mitch A. Henning
a.k.a. GorbGuy
GorbGuy
PostFri 07/11/03 6:20pm
I've decided to leave this unlocked. Please refrain from spamming here.  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help and hard work, Mitch. Maybe I'll see you at BandN sometime gulpin' down the coffee.

And Goodbye! Dyso. At least for now...
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*raises a glass*

To all who helped make this place my #1 and only multiplayer NWN for the past 5-6 months. Thanks. Dyso was what I thought of as home for my characters. I am looking forward to the progress and development of the next project, and hope that all that I have played with on Dyso will still be around. Rest assured, Gorb, that your server vault will always have a Halfling named Sep on there.

Cheers mates!
Wehnoka
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9 EXP: 3 / 9
 33%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch for all the hard work. I had a great time on Dysotopia and made some very good friends. Hope to see you on the next project...and maybe even Wehnoka will make that her next home. icon_biggrin.gif
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gorb for letting us play in your sandbox it has been a lot of fun. I know this kind of probably an early question, but do you have ANY kind of timeframe when you guys might be ready to go live with your New Server? I'm sure a lot of us are feeling a little worried about not being able to keep the community together.

P.S. Hey I'm in Kentwood I can take care of the server for you really you can trust me...no honest..I won't pimp out my character....muuuhhhahhaa icon_twisted.gif
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gorb and everybody...and Ali will be sure to be causing mischief in Tuskandale hehe
i left my email add in another topic...lemme know when tha new MOD gets done...

[quote:076179584b="Ogt"]farts leave the athmosfere because they have their OWN WILL, they are TIRED of being farts, and decieded that they would make their OWN PLANETS!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
GOLD!!!
View users profile Send private message
Z
PostFri 07/11/03 7:53pm
Thankyou developers and may the new mod have all the success Dyso had and none of its failures.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I can't wait to bring back a new Strawberry the Loremaster!

But on a side note, it is sad and yet good to see dyso going. Change is good, and yet, it will be sad seeing the mod I played on all this time going. Gorb, you do an excellent job keeping us happy.

Oh yeah... and might I suggest setting up a new paypal account for the NEW mod? You're going to need one in your own name now! icon_biggrinno.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
guitarrML
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22 EXP: 12 / 22
 54%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*speaking as if he has just one a grammy and is speaking to a large crowd*

I'd like to thank Gorb for hosting the mod. The DM's for making it interesting, and most of all...the players. *sniff* You guys are REALLY what made Dyso what it was. I think back and realize if Dyso hadn't been a great place to play, I probably would never have given NWN a second chance after playing it the first time. I look forward to keeping in touch with you all and seeing you on other servers. Take care everyone!

*He bows and leaves the stage, seen wiping a tear from his left eye.....maybe his contacts are just givinig him problems icon_lol.gif *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Dark / Omen
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22 EXP: 20 / 22
 90%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank all that have put time into making Dyso for it has brung me alot of fun times and new friends. I feel like theres a part of me missing now but i know that what ever Gorb makes into a mod will be just as fun and probley will meet more friends there so i to Gorb good luck we will be waiting to hear what you make next. I do have a question can we still have the Forum or Community as I call it for we can still keep in touch with you and what your doing and keep in touch with each other. The server might be dead but i think the community is still strong as a Community. And ill be looking for this tuskandale. So with i wish you luck and hope to see your new world soon thanks for all you have gave to us.
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't get sentimental- but I'll say this.

I thank the staff for their excellent work- Gorb, Bri, Glith- wonderful job.
I thank the DMs and Mods for keeping us, and others in check.
I thank everyone for participating in Dyso- it has meant a heap.

So, lets all welcome Tuskan- when will it be up so we can begin Dyso part deux? icon_smile.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuskan is up. Reminds me of Arabel to much tho icon_cry.gif Oh well... I might play there when I see someone I know loged.
gaea106
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59 EXP: 59 / 59
 100%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am very sad... icon_cry.gif I do understand however and I have faith that this community will stick together...

Thanks for all the hard work everyone. And Mitch... I understand. Have fun and find the joy again.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_MJ_
Adept

Level: 5
XP
EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13 EXP: 5 / 13
 38%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the great times and even the bad ones had their fun in them. mitch, its been a blast while i was there and im sorry to say i missed the last few weeks but im sure ill be seeing you in game sometime again. all the dms and players equally made dyso what it was for me and many others and im sure there are alot of people that wont post it but we all had fun or we wouldnt have kept comming back. ill try to get in tuskan for now and i cant wait for the new mod. thanks for all the fun.
Nemor
Hero

Level: 20
XP
EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52 EXP: 44 / 52
 84%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dyso was truely a great mod, just some minor things all piled up made it an unhappy place in the end. I'm both saddened and glad to see it go, life goes on..

You did a good job on your mod lads, I hope the next project will be as successful if not more than Dyso.

One last thing, I offered Conrad my skills in Worldbuilding, he hasn't replied yet. So if you need the extra staff just know I'm here, and I have 2 projects I could send to prove I know what I'm doing.

Anyway, for now, goodbye. (Will play on Tuskan now and then but Dyso is what I'll be waiting for)

As illustrated...

Black Shadow - Rogue
Green Shadow - Mage
Bio - http://www.btinternet.com/~b.russell2k/Shadow.txt
Nemor - Druid
View users profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostSat 07/12/03 2:41am
emot-heartbeat.gif  Reply with quote

Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping Dyso alive as long as you did, I know it was out of love and respect for us players. Though it's sad to see it go, life is about change...look foreward to new adventures, and new chalenges...in Tusken and beyond.

I shall look for you there my friends.
Grok
(Adam)
Grusk
The Ownerizer

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78 EXP: 12 / 78
 15%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok stated what I would state, even the Tuskan part.

I will be on Tuskan.

Grusk/Lyke Goodbarrel/Talon Carrde/Xavier Dotson
(Joe)
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say thank you to everyone. A few people especially.

First, i'd like to thank Mitch (Gorbguy) for devoting his time, money, and patience to hosting the server that was Dysotopia. He came in at a time when Dysotopia was going through some hard times and hosted the server. Thanks, Mitch.

Secondly, I'd like to thank Todd(Conrad Hollows). He has devoted nearly all his time to making Dysotopia the best he could make it. Thank you, Todd.

Everyone else I haven't mentioned here also deserves thanks, as everyone contributed, however small or large.

Lastly, i would like to thank Brian Hurley(Bri, Kraven). In a time when he lost his job because of Dysotopia, he was the ONLY one of the 3 who stuck with Dyso from the start. Granted, Mike(Glith) came back when he got settled and helped out a lot, but Bri sacrificed so much for us. Good luck with everything in the future, Bri. And thank you. We all thank you very much and know very much most of Dysotopia's success was because of your sacrifices. Thanks.

Your friend, Matt. (Vurg, Jacho)
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ariia
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25 EXP: 10 / 25
 40%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Dyso was home for me...the very first mod I ever did sail to icon_smile.gif And It is sad to see what was once my addiction, fall to this. But, change is good, and I am sure the new mod will be everything dyso once was, with a strong player base and a community that is (how shall I say) very close.....be it good or bad sometimes, we are/were all very compelled to hang out here and put in our two cents worth.

I just want to say emot-heartbeat.gif thanks emot-heartbeat.gif to all of you involved in the making and maintaining of Dyso, you did a great job. Without Dyso, I probably never would have played this game ever again. 062802comp_prv.gif ( I tried the single player and almost never put the disc in again) Dyso made the game way more interesting icon_smile.gif and addicting type.gif ....and most of all it made me actually enjoy talking about DnD stuff with my hubby Hurin emot-heartbeat.gif .... Lord knows before I just nodded my head and smiled, not having a clue Wconfused.gif

Cheers!

Being normal is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
BertoAmraphel
The Mayor Of Eleriina

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 3 / 20 EXP: 3 / 20 EXP: 3 / 20
 15%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my turn icon_biggrin.gif I also would like to thank everyone, youve all made it fun for me, even though alot of the old players left, all the players kept me having fun, so thanks again, i thank all the WG's, the OSB and everyone else, hope to see you all in Tuskan, if not and your sick of NWN have a good life, though do keep in contact with me please, thanks!

Lord/Mayor of Eleriina- Commander of White Guardians of Eleriina
View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Celestial_Evil
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19 EXP: 4 / 19
 21%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall keep this brief. Thanks everyone and I mean everyone for the good times that i had in dyso, no hard feelings against any of you who went a bit out of line towards the end and I hope you all have good times in the future with nwn and your lifes alike.
The_Wretched
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9 EXP: 7 / 9
 77%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a whisper from the darkness

"Your God is dead ,
And no one cares
If there is a hell ,
I'll see you there "

Farewell and goodbye to Dyso ...
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank everyone, although I've played very little, the community here was(and will remain, hopefully) great.
But it isn't over yet.....icon_biggrin.gif

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even I feel like saying something, though most don't enjoy listening to me..
I just wanna say that Dyso wasn't the first mod I came to... but it sure was the best server I came to, and this especially because of some of the *GREAT* friends I made there, they have been there for me ever since I met them on Dysotopia, and I know I also made *GREAT* enemies... and well, forgive me for that, I'm a young kid with ADHD ( As far as I know..) and can be a pain in the ass if angered. I loved Dysotopia for as long as it lasted, and even the day after the server went down, I still feel a place with good memories... about dysotopia, and my very first character who became level 20... I had the best time in NWN most probably on Dyso, mostly because of the following people:

Friends, for their undying love and support.
Tae, Angel, Sabrina, (Damn now I need to name a guy) Rolan, Selena Storm... Wehnoka... last but not least... all the cute halfling girls icon_wink.gif

Crazy peeps emot-yum.gif:
Ezekiel... Drudley even icon_wink.gif Ogt....Aragorn...

and of course Falkhor for telling me what I really am, or really was.( This isn't a joke for once, cause:
Quote:
Defeatism never made anyone popular.
)

And well the entire community here of course... but in game those people really changed my view on things, and made me a better person, the person I am now.

Last thanks:
Persons who hosted and made this mod... ... we emot-heartbeat.gif you
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Ahem* Everyone here has forgotten to thank the one person here who truly deserves thanks. The One person in Dysotopia who has been here the whole time to ensure that these forums are kept up to date with spam, chaos, mischief, and has always managed to piss a few people off. And in times of trouble he has taken others under his wing to teach them the art that is spam and that they should let all their anger out in uncomprehensible bullshit known as Spammage.

Thats right.

*points to sig*
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Little Teapot
PostSat 07/12/03 10:05pm
ah, yes... totally forgot about him...

Thank you, Solo Core.

Azaziel Seirim
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14 EXP: 1 / 14
 7%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just echoing what others have said - I had a great time every time I visited this mod. Many thanks to all those who have shared their time, equipment and money to make it all possible. Thanks too to all the other players out there whose personalities brought life into the game. Especially those who, knowingly or not, contributed to the halfling homeland fund icon_wink.gif

Looking forward to Tuskan and the glorious future of Dyso.
Glorin
PostSun 07/13/03 3:44am
Azaziel please direct your thanks also towards Solo Core, he deserves some credit aswell. I feel his efforts have gone unappreciated.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: