DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

My 2cents
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
NineFires
PostMon 07/14/03 7:13am
Man-- No Dyso? Thats like no air or no light -- I'll see ya all in the rebirth I guess.  Reply with quote

Y

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are you all talking about, last time i checked..
Dysotopia was online ! Dyso SoU hosted at brians....

to sum it all up , curently
Brian is hosting Dysotopia SoU
Gorb is hosting Tuskan SoU
Solocore is hosting Tuskan SoU (
I am hosting an English Bouchon NwN (SoU compatible)

Last edited by Y on Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*

I think you'd better catch up with some of the stuff that has been decided lately.

And there will be no goddamn "Rebirth".
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think you'd better catch up with some of the stuff that has been decided lately

you know kindo , since most of the talk are not done up front... i would imagine it is kind of hard for people that have no insights to be up to date

Ps: no rebirth ? you mean you actualy talked to geshtal ?
ShadowCore
Great Deity

Level: 42
XP
EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186 EXP: 27 / 186
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be no rebirth, unless Gesh suddenly decides to come out of reclusion and actually start working on it. However, I think the new team has already done more than Gesh has.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I dont think Gesh has been working on rebith,

But "i dont think" and as you said we have "NO information"
if some one has please could he step forward.

and on the new team ? are you refering to Tuskan team , or "Glith + Gorb +Conrad" .

i expect GGC to work fast and to be efficient, but there again we dont know much. may be they will post a status of there mod.

I would also guessing (as for Geshtal) that GGC's mod wont be out for weeks.

no one knows publicly at least, I hope evryone strat to be less secretive...
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

are you refering to Tuskan team , or "Glith + Gorb +Conrad

There's no difference.

View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Geshtal and rebirth: I have talked to a lot of people lately... and right now I would have to say that Geshtal isnt gonna finish rebirth and it's highly likely that he never started on it. No one really knows, except maybe Bri, who is the only person who i can't get in contact with.

About the new mod(or GGC project): It's not under development yet (according to Gorb) He, Conrad and Glith will start in a few days. right now we(the dev team) are just organizing ideas and such.

Also, I can't seem to find Bri's server. Are you guys sure it's up?
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't been reading things Shadowleaf. icon_wink.gif I've seen the dev team do several things.........icon_biggrin.gif
Anyway, I'll not give out any info on what we're doing, just that we're doing something cool, and that it will hopefully go better than Rebirth.

Z
PostMon 07/14/03 9:59am
what? who? where? Whos the dev team then? Both of you use "we", so... who exactly is "we"?  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
PostMon 07/14/03 10:12am
Muahahahahahaha! Anyway, don't worry about it, just wait for the new mod to be finished.  Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know now if they are using my idea or not. I don't want to waste my time waiting for something that isn't going to be produced. Right now i think not because nobody has contacted me or spoken to me about it at the least. "HAHAHAHAHA You don't know what we're doing." Yeah good job guys, what a brilliant player based mod. Glad you let the players in on it. Or is your definition of Player Creation giving us a bunch of edited, narrowed down options for us to choose from. Then after we choose, you CONSIDER it.

Yeah, i would appricate a LITTLE more information that what you give me, hell we would ALL appricate some information.
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hashmeer is just pissed because Falk wouldn't make him a lvl 20 in Tuskan........

Ofcourse, you're expecting information after, what? 4 days or so. Come on, have a little more patience, things are still being set up.

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, or he's pissed cause the guards kicked his ass after publically murdering a citizen. Anyway Red, you'll get your first chance at voting soon, sides i did reply to yout ideas...
And yea the narrowed down choice thing is basically how we'll do since it's just impossible to vote on every damn thing. We're hammering out scripts by the bucketfull these past days. That wouldnt happen if we had to vote on each and every one of them. Ideas are listened to, discussed in the deve forum, then when we agree it's a good idea it will be implemented. If not we'll dump it in the trashcan, if doubtfull we'll put it to a vote. Have a little faith, things are moving so fast we;ll have both mods up and running in no time.
New upload for Tuskan has just been set up on the US server, so check out the new additions, fixed stuff and make your way through the jungles to the desert region. I'll post changes to the tuskan mod regularly on the tuskan forum so you can keep up with things. Find any discrepancies report then to the bugs forum on tuskan and post ideas either there or here. We'll look at them. Just don't expect all ideas to be put to a vote or all of them to make it into the mods.
We do have some clue as to what we're doing...
View users profile Send private message
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hash said exactly what I wanted to say. I dont think player-based mod is the right term at all, seems to be used like the word "democracy", refers to Y or MKs sig.
More like new-mod-with-a-few-players-who-are-now-developers.

Maybe I missed something big, but when could people apply for developing/helping??. How do you get in and discuss ideas in the deve forum??

But yes Falk, I understand totally what you are saying... just that it seems some players-now-developers are IN it if you see what I mean, where as the others are just OUT.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be cause I worked on tuskan with my own team too ong but i never quite caught on to the term player-made mod.. Since we are going to link up the mod we need a clear set of event scripts that cover both mods so you don't die one way in one mod, and differently in the other. Right now we're moving at about 20 times the development speed as dyso did. So you tell me, want to wait weeks and weeks for little development or fast paced deciciveness. I understand howmany want to help and some who have a clearly usefull talent or a wide variety of skill will probably be added. However, i think player based mod relates more to idea suggestion, voting on a number of issues, the ability to send in areas and items and the like, not to every decision the development team has to make. just not practical. The very fact that Red gets pissy after one visit in Tuskan kinda underlines this. One look and hTuskan sucks. We really don't need that kind of input. So not everyone will have as much nfluence as they might want. Practicality makes it so. If we want to move fast on this the way we do it definetely seems he way to go. details will be player based, like npc familymembers, ideas send in, houses, items send in for approval, areas suggested and build by players, things like that.
If at times you feel left out just remember: 20 times faster development than you saw with dyso.
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkhors right. its good this way, and if you think u should be on the dev team, send him a PM and tell him what you are good at maybe he will let you in. preferably though, get a good referance... and if u dont have a good one dont bitch about it maybe u shouldve made more friends when you had the chance
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowleaf, theres no need for that crap "dont bitch about it". Dont get me started on ignorant twats (which you are sounding like) who group the critisism into the their stupid "whiner" category.
And ME I *dont* want to go into the dev team because I know they dont need me but what im questioning is the whole "player-based mod" thing.

@ Falkhor: thanks, I appreciate you answering and explaining and i understand. You are giving what others are not giving Falk and thats info/status on the mod and we appreciate it, useless comments like shadowleafs was not what I was looking for.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let it get to you, Z. Shallowleaf just likes to kiss butt.

Dontcha, boy? It's really not so bad once you get past the taste, eh?
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used the term "player based module" and don't plan on it.

I think the closest that would come to that concept insofar as what is happening now is that we're entertaining various ideas, many of which have their origins with players.

I think what it is going to end up being is simply more "open ended" development wise. Meaning that if someone key decides to take a powder, there is no massive war over someone else trying to step in and help out. The problem, for me anyhow, with Dyso at the end was that the work that myself and Glith and Gorb were putting into it was seen as not trying to shake out the code or improve the player experience but just as meddling with Bri's work. That's his prerogative and he's certainly entitled to his view on his module ... but that meant, to me, it was time then to work on something else.
Glorin
PostMon 07/14/03 9:53pm
lol its been a long time since i've seen a Conrad Post, w00t conrad thanks!!!!  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969 wrote:
Don't let it get to you, Z. Shallowleaf just likes to kiss butt.

Dontcha, boy? It's really not so bad once you get past the taste, eh?

no, i was just being blunt. if you know ppl you get places. if i wasn't friends with falk, i would be whining right now abotu how unfair it is. the point is, if you know ppl you get places. i didnt have to kiss any ass either, just talk to falk sometimes and also, he basically invited me since i have something useful for the mod, my corpse system. so if you have something useful thats another way to get on the dev team.

besides, yo ucan always submit areas, items, npcs... whatever for review by us even if your not on the dev team.
Z
PostMon 07/14/03 10:05pm
Sorry. And Maelstrom you funny f**ker.  Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCore wrote:
Hashmeer is just pissed because Falk wouldn't make him a lvl 20 in Tuskan........

Ofcourse, you're expecting information after, what? 4 days or so. Come on, have a little more patience, things are still being set up.

What are you? Stupid? I tried Tuskan - sucked. I'm not mad at all at it, in fact i'm happy for it because now i can move to the mod that *I* thought of. You WISH i was angry at Tuskan, because then you would have someone playing in your six person server. For once Shadow Core, you are not stating the blatently obvious, you are now just wrong.

Oh but wait, who beat you to the punch Shadow? That's right Mr. Conrad Hollows did.

But wait a tick! Look who shwoed up to the party! Shadow Leaf with his ingenious "i know Falkhor, so i got onto the devolopment team." Which inspires me really. That gives me the impression that if *I* kiss ass to the devolopers, then they will let me make a mod!

This is the best player based mod yet! No wait, it isn't!
Shadowleaf
Hero

XP
 1%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can this topic be locked? i cant express myself without using swear words at this point

edit: actually, i will say something: If anyone thinks this community is or ever was a democracy, go check the account name "Froja" and check most recent posts.
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You walk into a mod under development, you kill a citizen, the guards go hostile on your ass, and you storm out pissed off, Red. I was there, remember.
Well, now you know why you don't get on the developement team, why we are reluctant to have everyone throw in their two cents. It has to be now, it has to be your way, it has to have Red in the spotlight. I was looking forward to having you around but not anymore. So hope you have fun somewhere else, just don't presume we're friends anymore cause i had it with your negative attitude all the time. Nothing is ever good unless it has the Hashmeer mark on it.
I would use a couple of swearwords in your direction but let's not.
Hope you have a good time wherever you go, though with your attitude I'm sure it won't last long before they're fed up with you as well. After all, it doesn't have the Hashmeer stamp on it so it can't be good.
You know, we really are looking at people's credentials and the way they act and react to things. It doesn't have so much to do with friendship. The main thing is that you have something to add to the mod, be that in the way of scripting, area building, item making, ideas. We have a lot of people already in the team and not all are friends of eachother but at least we're working together, getting where we want to go by cooperation more than discussion. Someone suggests something, whether it is in the Dev forum or on here and people jump on it and make it within minutes time. We also want people on the team to have a positive answer to problems, rather than them going off at the others cause:" the mod sucks". Really, how well do you think we'll listen to people like that? You're a kid Red, so I'm guessing you'll find out later in life the term "sucks" will never get you what you want.

*Renames Hash's house*
*Kills off Hash's dad*
*Writes him out of the history books*

Don't let the door slam you on the way out.
Don't bother crawling back in at some later point.
Don't bother responding to this post.
Someone lock this.
Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

confusion comes from Grob pool:
Quote:

player created mod . One where some of you players will do the design, coding, etc. I'll lay out the ground work; the base cities, some of the NPC's, and the base storyline, and you guys do the rest

and the fact that falk has being selling his mod as a mod made by dyso player, better than dyso, that should take over dyso

Noz the two above have been mixed in players mind. they are either one thing, or two separetes, or may be both ...

seems every one has different insights on the topic...

I'll give you mind, they are based on deduction rather than facts...

there is a big developement team estimate 10 peoples made of falkor original team + GGC + some extra, working basicly on idea that will be implemented in tuskan. GGC have in mind to create there own module , module that they will administrate, but module that they will construct, based on the "big dev team" made.

now am i close to the true or am I not making any sens ?

on the bright side, you have a team of really talented people: glith, gorb conrad falkor, griff etc etc. only wonderfull idea can come up from that.

on a dark side: you have a mod made from the frustrated and hypocrit desire of falhor to take over dyso because he was turn down as co-dev, and never had the guts to go make his mod on his own. he rather staid and kill the baby by lack of care.

Well it was time some one to be honest here.. I meant you just have to read all the post he or tuskan team made for the last 2 months. And look what tuskteam did for dyso.
is it about me arguing about dyso irc called tuskan, it about those dowen of tiny detail, spam, deception.. ?

Or no may be It is because I am a crasy fench man , who did not like when
Solocore & co wanted to have my dm power removed (45 days ago)
May be it was because Power corrupts, and When brian gave me the administration status on Dyso I abused it ... ? or may be because you didnt et this despite your screaming.
May be it is because i am jalous, i left dyso,(for similar reason to GGC amond other) and have been translating an other module (that is finished and fully fonctional).
When i saw they were leaving dyso i wanted to have gorb hosting it and conrad works on it. this is true, and I never hided from it, when gorb ask if he should continue hosting dyso or some thing else, i did not say keep dyso... I said If you want to stop it and do something else, you will be welcome. I told the same to conrad.
Now what did you said again ?

So,No it is not about jalousy...
It has rather has to do with personal issue regarding the way you do..
there is a saying like the aim does not justify the means... or something.
The big project you are working on will i am sure be really cool, You just have to excuse me not to condone the way you archived it.

icon_biggrin.gif thank you for lissening icon_biggrin.gif
ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SERIOUSLY, can you be any worse in spelling? I swear you're almost as bas as kental was.

On to the contents of your post, very litttle of it is correct. For instance, Tuskan had already BEEN made for the most part LONG before Gesh turned Tusk down for Dyso. Then Falk set off on his own, and continued with it. Result: A very good mod, that will only grow better, with all of the people on it.

Things are NOT being made to be implemented in Tuskandale, they're being made to be implemented in the BOTH Mods. The scripts etc. are meant to be working on both mods, with a shared database, things are not meant to be implemented solely in Tuskan.

Goddamnit, Y, you're actually starting to piss me off with your BULLSHIT remarks about the Tuskan people being ingrates who murdered Dyso, while all YOU have been doing in the past months is abusing your power as a DM(A fucking Lawful Good Paladin Vampire who acts evil and wields a Holy Avenger, and on top of that, having some serious resist damage attributes coming from nowhere.), being a general ass and being completely ununderstandable. icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif

Quote:

Well it was time some one to be honest here

That is not being honest, Y, it is giving YOUR view of things, and YOUR view of things is one-sided and incorrect, you have no idea how things are being done, how things will be done, and what HAS been done.

Quote:

there is a big developement team estimate 10 peoples made of falkor original team + GGC + some extra, working basicly on idea that will be implemented in tuskan. GGC have in mind to create there own module , module that they will administrate, but module that they will construct, based on the "big dev team" made.

That's not really true, what's happening is that we are still busy seting loads and oads of things up, and building scripts etc. for both modules right now. Things are going fast, while you may think that the players are being left out of this, they are not, things are just being set up. Also, Gorb Glith and Conrad are NOT going to be making a mod completely seperate from what is being done, the basic set up will be: Tuskan, linked to the other mod, and together it will be one big mod. But for that to happen, both mods need to be balanced so that they don't unbalance eachother. Does that make sense?

Quote:

he rather staid and kill the baby by lack of care

That is BULLSHIT, Falk was pissed at Dyso, but he still stayed, he still helped, and he still wanted to Dyso to stay alive!! He never did anything to "kill" Dyso, but he got pissed at some of the lame people in Dyso, at Bri fo being so reclusive and at a lot of other things. However, he didn't fucking destroy the mod, the ones who destroyed the mod are people like you, people who only complain and whine and don't give a FUCK what happens as long as they have what they want, and people who declared the mod dead THEMSELVES without ANYONE saying anything. And YES, Y, YOU were one of the people who said "Dyso is dead." In fact, not long afer that was said you began promoting your own mod.....

Sorry for all the harsh words, people, if you can't take it, just ignore it, okay?

Y

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your input, as ususal when you can't denied the true you, try to defend your self on there form.

what did i say wrong. that Falkor could not stand dyso, that is pissed him and that i was thinking of making a mod way better because no one was lissening to him ? He said so himself...

I would like you to elaborate your agument about Me ABUSING DM power.
plese go ahead.
I also would like you to elaborate Falkhor etc. helping dyso. those last few month, come on go ahead.

Promoting my Mod, no i beg to differ, it is not my mod at all. and as far as promoting is concern, may be you can quote me the first time i wrote about it: some thing like "id not think you will like it because is in not meant to be for dysotpian player, can you help me for the spellings.."

as far as speaking of dyso being dead, please quote me once....

thank you.

ps: i did not said falk destroyed dysotopia. I said "stayed and kill the baby by lack of care". If he had left dysotopia, I the situation would likely NOT have ended up diferently..

ShadowCore
Great Deity

XP
 14%
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read a word I said? I think I've proven you abusing DM power(mainly the fact that your character had something like 50% resist in everything), and I won't even begin to, because there is no need to prove it.

Your grammar and spelling is so goddamned awful that I can't really make much of what you've "quoted" there.

Also, you may not have said that Dyso was dead, but you sure as hell didn't discourage it, you went along with the mob.

And in case you didn't know, Falk has done several things in th epast months for Dyso, mainly his DM-events(Granted, the last one was a bit awful.).

Quote:

that Falkor could not stand dyso, that is pissed him and that i was thinking of making a mod way better because no one was lissening to him ?

NO, Y, he HAD ALREADY STARTED ON TUSKAN LONG BEFORE THIS ALL HAPPENED. Have you even read what I said about that?

And about you promoting your mod(or any mod, for that matter), I'd say posting "What do you do when you don't have SoU", and then posting several things about a different mod, well, what would you call that then?

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: