DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

CHOOSE OUR NEW WORLD'S NAME
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Idea Mill
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Which World Name do you like best?
Tuskan Archipel (archipel=collection of islands)
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Mystica
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yonder
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Enteril
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Far Shores
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Tonal
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Cobar Arulean (burnt earth / place of waterlilies)
28%
 28%  [ 12 ]
Har-Rhun
23%
 23%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 42

Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of them reallly jump at me an make me say "Yeah that's a good name." So I'm not going to vote. Of all the things I enjoyed about Dyso, the names certainly didn't factor in, so I'm rather indifferent on the subject.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Gorpie
Adept

Level: 8
XP
EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19 EXP: 2 / 19
 10%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Cobar Arulean flows well, if you weren't going to use it I might pinch it for a characters name =P

Also, lillies are never a bad thing, juxtaposed against the burnt earth could be nice, though thats probably just my artistic take on it =P

:Gorpie:
View users profile Send private message
Ultrafoo
PostFri 07/18/03 4:38pm
It seems the bottom who are tied..i say in the next day or so, single those 2 out on a new vote?  Reply with quote

Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Ultrafoo! It's a pretty close one right now...maybe to get things rolling we should get that Poll started with those 2 listed.

BUT!

Anybody have the Rodan spell to counter Conrad's Godzilla spell? icon_biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Sep
PostFri 07/18/03 5:43pm
Oh no! There goes Tokyo! Go! Go! Godzilla!

*RRRAAAARRRRR*

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decide everything on my own, it's just that not everyone listens to me. icon_smile.gif

Oh the worried looks I got from Foozbane over that post ... let me explain what my point was ... as it seems some were unclear as to just what I was referring to. I may have well been unclear myself ... heh.

There is the "combined" world of Tuskan and the "new mod"
There is Tuskan module itself
There is the "new mod" project itself

This thread is concerning the name for the "combined world" as it were ... and what that becomes, is what it becomes ... I am partial to Har-Rhun for my own selfish reasons as a "lump sum everything nearby in that forgotten corner of Toril to the far out to sea southeast of Calimshan and Kara-Tur." Others have their ideas for it too, and that's fine. MY sticking point is that I want the "new mod" (not the combined world) named Har-Rhun ... as in that being the name of that primary landmass otherwise known as Terra Incognita.

Cobar Arulean as the "combined world" name for the whole chain of islands and lamdmasses and such I could live with ... equally I could live with it all just being called Tuskan or Har-Rhun. My main point is that primary land mass I am working on is Har-Rhun regardless ... just as Tuskan is Tuskan, regardless.

Pardon my being a bit extra pushy and pissy lately ... you might say the whole thing still has me a bit on edge and extra defensive. It is not my intent to try to play the part of "I'm here to stonewall it all." That said ... bear in mind I AM apt to play a bit of devils advocate during the whole process just to keep eyes and ears as open as possible. I think one thing I am going to need/want is a set crew who is specifically working on the Har-Rhun side of this deal with me ... folks I can give maps and such to and let them work on fleshing out more of the particulars while I move on to charting out the next zone.

PS- Yes looks like we need a run-off vote.
PS take 2- Sep, I like that song a lot for obvious reasons ... even if true BOC fans think it really sucks. icon_smile.gif
Sep
PostFri 07/18/03 7:55pm
Well Im not a true BOC fan, either. Godzilla, Reaper, and burnign for you are the only songs of theirs i listen to.  Reply with quote

CattiBrie

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: A name a name, what's the game? Reply with quote

I re instate my standing stance on the matter, I have picked on
Cobar Arulean.

If I must pick one from the list, (and I must according to the topic maker) then I choose that one, my second choice, perhaps would be Har-Rhun or Enteril.

Mystica sounds too much like Rivendale or ShadowDale rip offs, Yonder sounds too hick, Far Shores simply sucks, Tonal isn't a "cool" enough name, too bland and unimportant sounding, and Tuskan Archipel is too undescriptive, just a statement of "This is what our module is!"

That is my vote.

icon_smile.gif

Last edited by CattiBrie on Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about:

-Mitsubishi
-Faerun
-Zoolander
-Xanth
-The Land of Grey and Pink (where only Boy Scouts stop to think)
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
MerchanT
Master

Level: 10
XP
EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22 EXP: 3 / 22
 13%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we're offering up choices:

* Thieves' World
* Fruitopia: Raspberry DnD Integration
* The Jewel of the Nihilist
* Bedford Falls and/or Potterville: It could change back and forth!
* Xstckhlrvst'Dv'Lrpm
* The Gaza Strip
* MacArthur Park
* Hogwart's
* Cedar Point
* Krypton
* Misogynyopia
* Caanan

Adam

/ Meet the Mos'viels! /
* Baleric * Finn * Mordecai *
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
PostFri 07/18/03 9:52pm
I think we're past the name suggestion stage ... the options to pick from were in the original vote.  Reply with quote

Jase
Elder

Level: 27
XP
EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83 EXP: 34 / 83
 40%
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuskan Archipel (archipel=collection of islands) = Well we already have "Tuskan" as one of the daughter mods, so if you chose this one it would seem that Tuskan is the main module and the other is just a branch of it would it not?

Mystica = There's a couple of reasons why this one is bad. Frankly, it sounds rather dumb, like you couldn't come up with a good name. Also there are actually a few mods called this (2 or 3 last time I saw them) and they weren't very good...

Yonder = Well it is an okay name BUT to most roleplay fanatics (especially those familiar with FR Gods) this brings Yondolla to mind. To those of you aren't aware this is the God/Mother of Halflings. If this was to be translated, it would probably mean "Land of the Haflings".....

Enteril = Not bad at all. In-fact this is probably the second best here. However, it lacks a sort of...formality... I've always loved about names.

Far Shores = This will never do. It basicaly interprets: We couldn't come up with a good name, so we decided to just name it something like this.

Tonal = This would be my third choice. But considering the other ones, I don't like it much.

Cobar Arulean (burnt earth / place of waterlilies) = This is the best name on the list. It symbolizes what we are doing in a way. This one also sounds best if you say them aloud.

Har-Rhun = You know this sounds amazingly like a FR name. Also it just sounds bad...
Foozbane
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68 EXP: 26 / 68
 38%
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, we'll take this to a run-off vote now since those last two seem to be trading places for the #1 spot every other vote icon_smile.gif

Fooz
View users profile Send private message Send email
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Idea Mill All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: