DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Conrad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Salkind
Noob

Level: 1
XP
EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9 EXP: 1 / 9
 11%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Conrad Reply with quote

More and more complaints, i walk around RPing really nice demanding taxes in sylvandale, anything wrong with that?

I dont think he is reading the posts, cause as i walk over to conrad politly asking for some taxes he just sends me to Castle Dysotopia which is for EULA violations, could someone take his powers off or next time, train your Mods better
View users profile Send private message
Uin
Hardass

Level: 33
XP
EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117 EXP: 60 / 117
 51%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice that whenever a moderator does anything theres alway a barrage of complaints. Conard's just lucky he doesn't partol Win32, lol.

Taxing is a contested issue right now. Of course you fail to mention how much you were taxing or what you were doing to ppl that were not complying.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Salkind
Noob

Level: 1
XP
 11%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At that point i hadnt even hurt ANYONE, 20.000 is NOT too much to demand from a lvl 20 and if he didnt like itt then he could have attacked me or walk away or something really no reason to JAIL
African Ape
PostSun 10/20/02 9:26pm
what is with the decimal places?  Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostSun 10/20/02 10:02pm
thats what europeans do in the place of the comma  Reply with quote

BriHurley
PostSun 10/20/02 10:15pm
If you can charge tolls until you are caught dont whine when you go to jail. PERIOD!!!!!!!  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer wrote:
thats what europeans do in the place of the comma

We do use commas, 10,000 means ten thousand and 10.000 means ten. icon_biggrin.gif

Griff
Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostSun 10/20/02 10:59pm
the UK isnt in europe Griff, its in canada, duh  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have said a few times in game ... and will reiterate now ...

I understand some folks think that charging tolls is "evil RP" and in some ways perhaps it is ... however --

I'm the moderator for Linux as Koanna is the moderator for win32. The cultures of the two servers are as different as the operating systems. Linux has always been more of a "cult" (a term coined by Bri) where generally everyone was/is content to try to work with each other on developing things and exploration of areas, etc. There would be the periodic pick-pocket and PK, but it tends to be rare and random at worst. 95% of the discontent has been on the win32 box for a number of reasons, but suffice to say the players on Linux have, by in large, always remained at least relatively polite to each other. I guess it's just not as much of a "real world" in the eyes of the win32 folks ... and that's fine, they can play on win32. It's a game first and foremost and my job is making sure the game remains fun for the majority of people ... even if that means it cuts into the fun of a few.

Bri is the server admin for Linux and this is the way he likes it. It's the way I like it. It's the way the majority of the players on Linux like it. When I became a mod for Linux, Bri told me basically to keep an eye out for excessive PKs, PPs, shouts, and the stuff like taxing at area transitions ... these were things that he didn't want to ruin the fun for other people. That's what I do, under those orders and under that authority.

The whole circular argument about there being no leader of Sylvandale and so they are taking over and what not being RP doesn't wash. It's like walking into a blade barrier right in rront of you a few times and then claiming you were PKed. Insofar as I am concerned there is a King/Lord of Sylvandale just as there are leaders (seen and unseen) for all the cities in Dysotopia. You don't have to have an NPC or PC present to acknowledge that such a place has rulers. The whole "realism" argument right there ... well, heck, it's realistic to assume that a city such as that has rulers and laws and one guy (or even a few) couldn't walk in and start a passage tax right in the middle of the town square. Realisitically there'd be mobs and mobs of guards and/or citizens who'd eventually drive them out. Can't really do that in game, however, due to scripting and game limitations. So the whole "well I don't see any leader, so I declare myself leader" is a load of nonsense and shall be treated as such. You can, if you like. consider the in game moderators to be representative of those angry mobs rolled into one person ... it's about as realistic as the assertion that charging the tax is realistic and allowable.

Koanna handles things on win32 as Koanna sees fit ... just as I do on Linux. I have my guidelines and marching orders from the server admin (Bri) and from Geshtal himself. Personally I am less worried about these taxes when they are out in the wilderness ... it's the stuff right within and just outside of city gates that rub me the wrong way totally. If you want to take the risk of charging taxes, then you might make some easy coin or you might get busted and go to jail. That's your risk ... just like in real life ... you can mug someone on the street ... might get away with it, you might not ... especially when you try to rob an undercover cop.

And Sal ... please, you didn't politely or nicely ask. You told my character if he didn't pay 20k gold, he was dead on no uncertain terms. I debated about laying you out right there in the street and removing the majority of your inventory or just send you to jail. I decided to take the nice approach and just jail you. It's what I'd want to happen to me were I in your shoes, so I afforded you the same courtesy. The fact you decided to try to threaten me afterwards didn't help in getting you out of jail any faster.
African Ape
PostMon 10/21/02 1:09am
That is the longest post I have never read.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 10/21/02 1:32am
i second that and wont read it .....right now........  Reply with quote

Ogt
PostMon 10/21/02 3:12am
this is it i am sick of people saying that linux is better and that we in win 32 are worse players, I DEMAND A WAR ON LINUX  Reply with quote

Atharva Veda
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25
 72%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt wrote:
this is it i am sick of people saying that linux is better and that we in win 32 are worse players, I DEMAND A WAR ON LINUX

I DEMAND you be banned - IMEDIATLEY !
Kindo
PostMon 10/21/02 7:24am
Come on y'all.
Let's start loving eachother!

Uin
PostMon 10/21/02 7:38am
See, now if I could write like Conard, that thread against me would have stopped pretty quickly.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostMon 10/21/02 10:51am
yea u craz europeens aint is skrilled Un dee engluash langage ass wei is  Reply with quote

Scorp57
DysoMOD

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45 EXP: 21 / 45
 46%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Hey OGT Reply with quote

Hey OGT, I dare you to come on linux and start warring on us when we're on.... I don't care how much unavailable and/or cheap gear you have, you declare war on us and we'll string you up by your intestines for the townsfolk to enjoy.
XPhoenixX
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you all are forgetting a post a few weeks ago by Cattie-Brie, it was WAAAAAAYYYYY longer. It took up at least twice the space Conrad's did. Of course no one read it so I guess thats why no one remembers it.
Conrad Hollows
PostMon 10/21/02 10:22pm
I like to think of myself as a writer at times. :: shrugs ::  Reply with quote

Big Jay
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
 11%
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a player has been banned from Dyso, is it allowed that they can create a new acount and carry on playing? Just curious, as Drudley has returned as Salkind.
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can if they are just player banned rather than CD-Key banned. Player ban just stops a particular gamespy account name from accessing the server ... you can start a new gamespy account and go right back to it. This is the "nice" sort of ban to give people a chance to show they've learned something. A CD-Key ban prevents any accounts from that particular installation of NWN from ever connecting to the server. That's the ban you use when you've decided someone can't ever reform from being a complete ass.
METELHED
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I see someone complaining about getting jailed makes me laughl.

"All I was doing was collecting an illegal tax on passers by"

"All I was doing was killing people in the middle of a city"

All I was doing was chanin PPing everyone in sight"

Let me clue you all in one a tiny secret. THESE ARE CRIMES THAT PEOPLE GET ARRESTED FOR IN REAL (YES I SAID REAL) LIFE!!!!!

SO IF SOMEONE CATCHES YOU, LIKE AN AUTHORITY FIGURE, THE LEAST THAT SHOULD HAPPEN YOU YOU IS THAT YOU ARE PUT IN JAIL.

Shut up!
Stop Whining!
Do the crime, do the time.

My girlfriend is a cop and you all souhd like a bunch of white trash sissies. If you are not good enough or smart enough to get away with it you should not complain.

The only reason you complain is that you got caught. "It was not my fault, It was the cops.

Shut it!
Atharva Veda
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25
 72%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

METELHED wrote:

Let me clue you all in one a tiny secret. THESE ARE CRIMES THAT PEOPLE GET ARRESTED FOR IN REAL (YES I SAID REAL) LIFE!!!!!

SO IF SOMEONE CATCHES YOU, LIKE AN AUTHORITY FIGURE, THE LEAST THAT SHOULD HAPPEN YOU YOU IS THAT YOU ARE PUT IN JAIL.

Shut up!
Stop Whining!

My girlfriend is a cop and you all souhd like a bunch of white trash sissies. If you are not good enough or smart enough to get away with it you should not complain.

The only reason you complain is that you got caught. "It was not my fault, It was the cops.

Shut it!

LOL
I like you.
Too bad we'll never game together on Dyso.

On a side note I've decided to give the online gaming venue one last try.
I'm currenty scouring the Bioware website for a module.

Say goodbye and thanks to Draku(Geoff Xarian) for me will you.
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Hey OGT Reply with quote

Scorp57 wrote:
Hey OGT, I dare you to come on linux and start warring on us when we're on.... I don't care how much unavailable and/or cheap gear you have, you declare war on us and we'll string you up by your intestines for the townsfolk to enjoy.

i have been there often there and i fear not for Bacchus gives me strenght, and while i was there taking a look and spying on your defences and the like ,i noticed that you have a lot of problems too . its just that you hide them from the public , ive been dealing with some evil people there by request of new linuxtopian friends and after all my investigations i have only one word for you people that say linux is better

HYPOCRITES

ps, there is bad lag in there too and the server never crashes so it gets worse and worse every second HAHAHA

"OGT laughs at Hypocrite linuxtopians"

haHAHahaHAhAhaHAhaHhaHahahAHAhAHAHa

cheers'
METELHED
Adept

XP
 90%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo!!

Artharva, If you find a good module let me know. I still enjoy Dyso, but I don't get the same thrill that I used to get.

Where in the pacific northwest you from?
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

METELHED wrote:

Shut up!
Stop Whining!

Shut it!

I suppose that in real life the cops run around with a magic key that teleports the criminals to the jail too?

Stop comparing this to real life because guess what, its NOT!!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jaling systemis a subject for itself.
If you are commiting a crime IC. Like housebreaking and such.
I think a very nice IC jailing system are being developed
for Tuskan.

OOC jailing. Like people breaking EULA and stuff. Should not be strived for being realistic. Because the onse breaking it are not IC.

You know what I mean y'all?
METELHED
Adept

XP
 90%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The magic key that transports criminals to jail is called a (drumroll)

POLICE CAR

Suprise and alarm!

And in the field the police have the ultimate athority to hold the peace and to protect the public. That is their job. The same job as the moderators.

Dyso Secret Service!!!

Laws have generally been the same throughout the dawn of time. If you kill, steal or the such you go to jail and that is the way that it is, and the way that it will always be. All civilization (i.e cities etc.) have and need them. If you complain about getting thrown in jail because you stole or killed you are just plain stupid. Go and play DiabloII where you can run around and just be a plain pain in the arse.

I do not claim the game is real life, but there game is based on human (and non-human) interaction in a fantasy world. Some of the basic rules of humanity cross over and there is no avoiding that.

Last edited by METELHED on Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once pee'd against a lamp post in real life and there was this mean cop with a glowing halberd and she zapped me with some key and i ended up in a dungeon where i spend the night talking to a drunken halforc, terrible, terrible.
Maybe i just smoked too much shitty stuff that evening...
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

metelhead.
I think we are referring to the fact that you NEVER can escape an arrest.
You just teleports to jail.
And that's where Tuskans jail thingie comes into place.
I think it is a chance to escape the arrest or something.
Of what I have heard it will be very realistic.

I leave it to Falk to explain if he so wishes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: