DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

I just beat the origional NWN campaign

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: I just beat the origional NWN campaign Reply with quote

Was better than SoU i can say that much right now. I just wish i got to fight on the frontline in a gigantic war. They should really make their singleplayer campaigns long, so that you do in fact reach the 20th level at the end of the game. I was about level 15 this time.

Neverwinter Nights is a 5 chapter campaign about the hero of the city of Neverwinter. A good game overall, has it's dry spots and unessairly long quests at some points, but i can't complain. I really wish they made their games like Baulder's Gate or BG 2. Lots of quests, and lots of god damn henchmen. Another cool thing would to have some more political battles, tactics and strageties and all. The largest battles in this campaign were the Battle of Neverwinter, the High Captian's Wars, and this battle in Chapter 3 at some fort, i really forget the name.

Let me tell you, these battles that took place were very small scale and you were really the benefactor in all of the tide turning that took place.

The storyline isn't terrible, you are basically the savior of the world and all that is holy, what else is new. Really could do some work on the whole war story.

Finally we come to henchmen.
I chose Tomi Undergallows for my quest. Word of advice, don't choose Tomi Undergallows. Go with something that compliments your abilities of course. If you are a heavy fighter or barbarian then i might suggest Tomi, but then you lose out on a sorceror or a cleric. I was a rouge myself an i figured "why not do the rouges unite stragety and double the damage?" Turns out, Tomi's melee is only one kukri and he wears studded leather armor for the whole game. If you are a rouge, i would go for a sorceror or even Half-Orc Man for your henchman.

That is all i can think of for my messy and disorginixed overview of NWN.
DarkStrike
PostSun 07/27/03 7:28am
go hashmeer!  Reply with quote

Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to win easily, choose Daelen and sit back and watch. If you want life harder choose anyone else.

tho i thought SoU was better than original.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

both sucked i cant believe they put so much time into the SOU one when they coulda put out new content icon_evil.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think SoU or NWN sucked half as bad as Red. Considering i didn't bother playing out either single player campaign that says a lot. icon_razz.gif
View users profile Send private message
Mr. Red Hashmeer
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73 EXP: 35 / 73
 47%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can i say? I was bored. I hated SoU because of the breifness of it and lack of a plot. Chapter 1 of the origional is about the entire length of SoU. I also hated SoU for lack of henchmen. That made me angry in the face. The features SoU added for henchman inventory and training changes was a plus and a half however. I got really annoyed when Tomi only trained as a rouge or never changed his studded leather armor or used an off handed kukri. Just to let those of you who actually want to play the origional, i don't think appraise works and you only need 8 or 9 in open lock for the entire game.
Ultrafoo
PostSun 07/27/03 5:43pm
SoU blew...it say so short, Scorp and I did it in 2 days - And we were only level 11(we multi'd it) - A sorry excuse for an expansion, imo.  Reply with quote

Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I haven't got SoU yet...
I'm probably getting it next week. Not because of the single player campaign, of course icon_wink.gif
As for the original NWN... I played till chapter 2, then I got bored and came to Dyso... I never played single player again icon_razz.gif
Ultrafoo
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49 EXP: 13 / 49
 26%
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN campaign is pretty good, i liked it, could be better in the way they run things, but in my opinion just making us able to use wasd was enough to make any other rpg worse than playing nwn.

I even tried to play Icewind Dale II after i had started NWN - it drove me nuts, so boring, no wasd, overcomplicated hotkeys....blah.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
PostMon 07/28/03 5:17pm
You guys all like to play with yourselves (except Scorp and Ultra)?  Reply with quote

Mr. Red Hashmeer
PostTue 07/29/03 2:18am
Are you suggesting that you are not capable Maelstrom?  Reply with quote

Sarah
PostTue 07/29/03 4:29am
Hell, who doesnt like to play with themselves?  Reply with quote

Maelstrom696969
PostFri 08/01/03 2:50pm
No, Red, I was trying to find out who else played with themselves.

Now I don't feel so alone! Aw, shucks... *wipes tear*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: