DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

IC Job offer

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Isilzhaveni
Mortal

Level: 3
XP
EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9 EXP: 5 / 9
 55%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: IC Job offer Reply with quote

I am curently recruiting Law enforcement char.

If you are interested to play this kind of "job" contact me for more details

icon_idea.gif key points
+ collecting fines from char not following city law (you getto keep those fines)
+ licence to LVL 15
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recruiting for what, dude? Not for Tuskan or Har-Rhun since you're not making up the rules there, I rather doubt for Dyso either since you don't decide who gets to be level 15 there either... if not for either of those servers then what's this post doing here?
View users profile Send private message
Isilzhaveni
Mortal

XP
 55%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry I did not realise you had the exclusivity of this community, and since spaming and recruiting players, never bothered you in the past, I tooke the liberty to do the same.
Z
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59 EXP: 58 / 59
 98%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES BUT WHAT BLOODY MOD ARE YOU ON ABOUT ISIL?

Assuming its Tuskan, restricting players levels is a very serious imposition on a module. And you are saying to Falkhor, the bloody creator of the module that he doesnt have the right to challenge you on that???????????????????????????????

Hence: WTF ISIL??????????????????

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1515
http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like if it's not for either Dyso, Har Rhun or Tuskan why recruit here and not on your own mod forum...? And if it's for one of those mods then this whole recruiting story is weird since you don't get to make up those rules on your own. So i wanted to know what this is about.
Isilzhaveni
Mortal

XP
 55%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, when it comes to IC Law enforcement ( "administration") you need chose people wisely.

It makes more sense to me to ask first people you know.

Dyso's mod is running right ? most of the post are on Har Rhun and Tuskan.. I could forward you the same question... why not on www.dysotopia.com/tusk/
or why not on www.Har-Rhun.com ?
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is ity about even i can work that out silly ..Its about a job some kind of Law officer.Is that so hard to work out not understand your fogginess of brain .As to where if not Tuskan or new mod must be somewhere else another mod ...now is that hard to work out too.I do believe at times here people make argument annoyance simply because they want to stir things up.
What it was about was plain to see if you wanted too as for not been Dyso ..little is these days.And there are few people yourself included who can complain about someone promoting another mod.Be honest you knew from when you read what it was about .
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isilzhaveni wrote:
Dyso's mod is running right ? most of the post are on Har Rhun and Tuskan.. I could forward you the same question... why not on www.dysotopia.com/tusk/
or why not on www.Har-Rhun.com ?
Hmm, how about Fooz pulls the plug on the forums and says piss on you die-hard dyso people that can't deal with the fact that Dyso was getting a little stale? He does, after all, hold the powerbutton to the forums. In so far as "har-rhun" is concerned, it's in the works... well, cobar.cc is anyways. Soon enough you won't have to hear our pathetic little talk about this "har-rhun" stuff. Image03.gif And we won't have to read the one or two posts a day by people who just can't seem to get away from Dyso.
M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would seem a much more logical approach.If there is no Dyso here then No Dyso forum would seem the way to go.As far as I can see though most of the Dyso references in recent posts were by your glorious staff not by the so called Die Hards.if youre going to start fresh personally believe better to pull the plug so to speak or these little annoyances will continue.As they are so very very painfull best wipe the slate clean.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

Isilzhaveni
Mortal

XP
 55%
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand what die-hard dyso people have anything to do with this...

If this forum is not place were player from the former dyso community can discuss freely about there project, exchange idea and help each other , If it has mutated in "Your" (understand har-rhun) private community and I appologie.

In the past noone ever objected posts made about Tuskan in the Dyso forum...
Shadowleaf
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65 EXP: 1 / 65
 1%
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So which mod are you refering to? and just to let you know, you dont need a licence to be lvl 15 on any of the three... err.... wait are you saying that the officers get to decide who can get to level 15? ok explain how that works im confused
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Isilzhaveni
Mortal

XP
 55%
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found someone, so you can lock this thread if you like.

@Shadowleaf.
Officers do not chose who can get to LVL 15, they are there to assume
law enforcement. if some one act against the law they will fine him and they get to keep the gold from the fine.
for exemple: welding weapon 100 gp, degradation of public property 1000 gp etc etc
but lawenforcer get the right to lvl to 15

About lvl restriction, well basicly players getting involve in the IC life of the mod get licences. Level Licences put a stop to xp racing.

An other thing use to put an stop to lvl race is adaptive monster spawn.
In other words... as you lvl monsters in the same area get stronger
Basicly you have the same exitement taking up an orc fort at level 3 than at lvl 8 cause it stays chalanging.

Point is you better party with other players of the same level before you go out in the wild than power up your char alone.

A lot less "go to the troll in kraven to power lvl low lvl in party" cause instead of the trolls a low lvl would get your high lvl char will spawn "uber troll" that will be hard for the high lvl and impossible for the low level in party. and of course XP is a lot less good than if the low lvl was doing "standard troll" with some one of his lvl in party
Spears
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49 EXP: 11 / 49
 22%
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen up homefry- I'll keep this as harmless as I possibly can- if I insult you, probably had it coming anyway.

Quote:
I found someone, so you can lock this thread if you like.

Sure, you found someone. We all find that special someone inevitably. Reality check : ain't going to happen on Tusk, you don't 'own' any part of Tuskan- so basically your plot for MOD domination ain't going to get far.

Quote:
Officers do not chose who can get to LVL 15, they are there to assume
law enforcement. if some one act against the law they will fine him and they get to keep the gold from the fine. for exemple: welding weapon 100 gp, degradation of public property 1000 gp etc etc but lawenforcer get the right to lvl to 15

About lvl restriction, well basicly players getting involve in the IC life of the mod get licences. Level Licences put a stop to xp racing.

So- lets say I want to sign up to be an officer- does this mean that I don't have to 'get involved in the IC life'? Also- they can't be too high level im comparison to others- how will evil get anywhere if they're constantly beaten down by these supercops if they cannot pay thier fine?

Quote:
An other thing use to put an stop to lvl race is adaptive monster spawn.
In other words... as you lvl monsters in the same area get stronger
Basicly you have the same exitement taking up an orc fort at level 3 than at lvl 8 cause it stays chalanging.

Thats why we have other areas. Fighting in the same area over and over gets boring- it has nothing to do with challenge.
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Isilzhaveni
Mortal

XP
 55%
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont need to reply to something that as already be awnsered

M-K wrote:
..Its about a job some kind of Law officer.Is that so hard to work out not understand your fogginess of brain .As to where, if not Tuskan or new mod, must be somewhere else: another mod ...now is that hard to work out too.I do believe at times here people make argument annoyance simply because they want to stir things up.

for your other points, I dont think there is need to awnser then since you obviously wrote them driven by passion rather than reason.
Id est awnsers are obvious.
M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does get boring easily dont it.Especially when you have to repeat yourself Palladuim read !!!!!!.Even my poor English can make out its nothing to do with Tuskan Nothing to do with Dyso.So where do you get all the self rightous indignation ????.As i said I think there are some who it appears just wish to stir things up and make an argument.Must be when youre literally inventing things that were never stated.
Palladium Invention Number 1**Sure, you found someone. We all find that special someone inevitably. Reality check : ain't going to happen on Tusk, you don't 'own' any part of Tuskan-. >>>>>where was anythiing like this ever stated by whoever?
Palladium Invention No 2**so basically your plot for MOD domination ain't going to get far. >>>>How can you possibly lead to that conclusion from whats written sanely?
is it not possible for people to be a bit more calm collected and polite?

-George Orwell

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without getting into this more than I need to ...

When it comes to the individual new mods (Tuskan and Har-Rhun), as well as the combined Cobar "world" (which is really a currently undefined area of Abeir-Toril), the politics and gov't dynamics of the modules is largely in the hands of NPCs and, thusly, the game masters and administrators.

What's that mean?

It means if you make the approach of "I am here to usurp power and become the Lord of the Land, ruler of all" you are probably going to be sorely frustrated if not otherwise beat senseless and into a prone position of submission. I said in a previous post that the player characters will have roles to play within these worlds and the ability to weave their stories into the fabric of the world ... but dictating the political climate and so forth will not be much of an option outside of some small issues of influence. We know where we want the stories of these places to go and how the political issues will unfold ... and when I say "we" I am talking about the people who will be administrating these modules.

Someone will say, I am sure, "Oh I see ... they are going to monopolize all the power, these monopolizers." Yup, that's pretty much the case ... because that's part of the perk of being the designers and such ... you get to play "god" on your world if you so decide to. The characters of "great importance" will be decided upon by the administrators and so forth ... and, basically, if you don't like the way it works out ... there'll always be lots of other worlds out there to play in. I'm not burning a lot of my time working on something for someone else to decide "This is my land, I own it." Nah ... you wanna do that, I'll pound you into a pulp and make it pretty damn clear to you it's not your land.
Spears
PostSun 08/03/03 8:32am
Im being sarca... fuck it.

MK- suck on a pacifier.

Shadowleaf
PostSun 08/03/03 9:16am
Isilzhaveni... which module are you refering to?  Reply with quote

GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-K wrote:
It does get boring easily dont it.Especially when you have to repeat yourself Palladuim read !!!!!!.Even my poor English can make out its nothing to do with Tuskan Nothing to do with Dyso.So where do you get all the self rightous indignation ????.As i said I think there are some who it appears just wish to stir things up and make an argument.Must be when youre literally inventing things that were never stated.
Palladium Invention Number 1**Sure, you found someone. We all find that special someone inevitably. Reality check : ain't going to happen on Tusk, you don't 'own' any part of Tuskan-. >>>>>where was anythiing like this ever stated by whoever?
Palladium Invention No 2**so basically your plot for MOD domination ain't going to get far. >>>>How can you possibly lead to that conclusion from whats written sanely?
is it not possible for people to be a bit more calm collected and polite?
Been trying not to get involved with these, but this topic has gotten a little out there.
Topic locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Chatter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: