DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Area submittals for houses in Har-Rhun

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Area submittals for houses in Har-Rhun Reply with quote

Part of this post was made by me, and part was made by Conrad. You should intuitively be able to decide which is which...

We are now accepting area submittals for homes! You can make your own house area, send it to us, and we will add it into Har-Rhun. Along the same vein, we are also entertaining submissions for organizations and their "headquarters" that will be operating within the module. Please read the rules below to ensure your submittal does not get rejected ... and also keep in mind that we may come back to you with some "can and/or cannot do" issues with any submission/idea. We'll do what we can, but a submission is not automatically going to be used in all cases. We are trying to avoid some issues of redundancy as well as sticking with that which will broaden the overall appeal of the module, so ideas that are too similar will either be combined or one chosen over another.

Rules :-

First of all, specify the kind of area you would like your house to be situated. For example, a city, village, forest etc. Give a first choice and a second choice in case we can't fit your house into your first choice. Note that the vast majority of housing will be available in civilised areas. Also include your NWN account name.

Area Creation

The house must be made using the "City Interior" Tileset.
The area size for homes cannot exceed 8x8. Things such as 10x6 are allowed, so long as the two numbers do not exceed 64 when multiplied together.
Area size is allowed to be greater with an organizational headquarters ... but nothing larger than what would amount to two houses will be accepted.

Area Properties

No scripts are allowed whatsoever in the area or the area events. By all means make minor requests, but we will not accept bizarre requests.
No custom content whatsoever. Use only placeables, sounds and doors found in the standard palette. No monsters, encounters or traps.
Listen and Spot modifiers must remain at 0.
You can choose any of the standard images for the loading screen, so long as they are from the city interior tileset or look suitable for your house.
PvP must be set to Full.
The tag and resref of the area should at least contain your name so we know the house is from you. For example I would use GriffHouse for the tag and griffhouse for the resref.
Terrain type must be interior, artificial and above ground.
Customize the visuals and audio as you please. So long as you don't use anything from a hakpak.
If you want to make any comments or requests, do so in the e-mail that you send.

Placeables

While making the area, by all means use any standard placeables you see fit. They must be static however. For chairs, couches etc, simply let us know you want them to be useable and we will sort that out for you.
The house can have doors leading to an upstairs, like dyso's eleriina houses, but you are only allowed one upstairs area. You may not have multiple floors. Use only a ground floor, first floor, and a cellar if you wish. Remember that they must be included in one area.
Submitted areas are subject to changes by us. You will receive an e-mail reply stating whether or not your area was accepted, and/or changes made to the house, along with other details.

Additional notes on organizational stuff

We are going with a particular methodology when it comes to organizations ... i.e. the dyso-style "player groups" are something we are trying to avoid. Organizations will all be based around a particular class ... and members of that organization, to get full benefit of so being, will need to have some levels in that given class. We already have the planning down for a rogues group and a paladin group ... and thus members of these groups will need to have levels in rogue or paladin, respectively. A member of the paladin group might also have levels in ranger or cleric or some other class ... but they will need those paladin levels most importantly, as an example. The paladin group also would have the additional requirement of alignment (LG in this case). Other groups based around other classes would thus be expected to follow the general lead on these matters ... and don't fret over trying to form churches ... church/deity support will be worked into it all via temples and the like.

When you've finished your area. Send the .erf file to my e-mail address, Griffo247@aol.com. For organizational stuff be sure to include whatever pertinent info you may need to about the origin and nature of the group and what its main objectives are. Word to the wise -- if you are figuring to say something to the effect of "our aim is world domination" you can rest assured your idea won't get far ... massive political issues and such dealing with the module will be handled exclusively by the administration. The main settlements of Har-Rhun are all part of what is essentially a Helmite theocracy ... and it's monolithic in nature (in other words, it's not going anywhere). Repeatedly subversive groups will be dealt with decisively and rest assured the Helmites will generally be better equipped than you are. "Baddie groups" need to lower their expectations from "Dyso proportions" because it's not doing to fly here.

Get to it!
Conrad Hollows
PostTue 08/26/03 12:37am
LOL ... gee ... hard to tell. icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Ng'ree
PostTue 08/26/03 12:41am
Hey Griff are you going to allow races such as goblins?

icon_smile.gif

Norrec
Hero

XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I entered that Conversation contest and never heard back on if I won my free house cussing.gif

Hmmm, I might try to make a house. I have only used the toolset twice and even then... icon_neutral.gif
Shin2k
PostSat 08/30/03 10:08am
Can I send in an entire city? icon_mrgreen.gif  Reply with quote

Zantia-1
Mortal

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 6 / 11 EXP: 6 / 11 EXP: 6 / 11
 54%
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok built my house..ready to send it in...re-reading the page to make sure i didnt disqualify myself............could you tell me where the .erf file is?
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I send in an entire city? icon_mrgreen.gif

Eventually, we're hoping to be in a position where players can send in their own areas for us to add... but at the moment no.
Norrec
Hero

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you say is the average waiting time in the reply email? I sent mine in...and I wont to know if it was approved! cussing.gif
AliZee'
High Elder

Level: 28
XP
EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87 EXP: 69 / 87
 79%
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i.e. the dyso-style "player groups" are something we are trying to avoid. Organizations will all be based around a particular class ... and members of that organization, to get full benefit of so being, will need to have some levels in that given class.

okie...question...
a Guild like tha Scamps that is not based on class but instead race...and we have no DM mod or whatever runnin it..just our lovely miss fleetfoot...
so what about us??
View users profile Send private message
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer my survey, I'm trying to find out what players want. There is a question on guilds.

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6080
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race works in most cases in the place of class.

In my view there are basically three things which factor into why people would be working towards a common goal with an organization ... race, class, and alignment. The best organizations, in my view, rely on at least 2 of those 3 options at the same time ... i.e. "CN fighter mercenary type group" or "good halflings" or the like.

Basically, however, it's all going to come down to how well people play their organizational role and how well they accomodate it to the setting of Har-Rhun. As I have said before ... a lot of the political stuff with Har-Rhun is going to be rather monolithic ... so it's less a matter of the character group trying to "force change" but to exist and prosper within what is available (and in so doing change will happen gradually).
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay! I did a reinstall and got my stuff working again! Woo hoo! I'm gonna send it to you know, Griff.

Oh and one thing though. It wouldn't let me change the resref.. I have no idea how to do it. It's always grayed out when I try and click on it. So... sorry if that gives you any trouble.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=72772#72772 icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 3 happy customers with houses in Har-Rhun already! Submit your house today! You get a key, a house deed which is proof of ownership (the deed cant be stolen, sorry rogues). The deed is also used if you want to sell your house to someone else in the future. If you ever lose your key, you can show the deed to a DM and they will replace your lost key at no extra cost. What a good deal!

And all you have to do is submit a house area to me. Go on and be creative!

Btw if you don't want to submit a house, there are plenty of ready-made houses in the Cape that you can claim ownership for. (remember, 1 house per player at the moment, it may change to 1 house per character or even more, but we'll limit it for now).

Submit submit submit!
Norrec
Hero

XP
 46%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent in a house and was told it would be added... does that make me one of the three? If so where/when can I pick up my key and deed, and where is my house?
Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norrec... asking for your house to be put in a forest has been the reason why your house hasn't been added yet. If you like I can put it in Winyatiris, or you can wait. Up to you.
Norrec
PostSun 09/14/03 2:38am
Where are the Winyatris? Put it where ever it would make sense to put it... Just as long as it gets put somewhere.  Reply with quote

Shadowleaf
PostSun 09/14/03 3:32am
so... it's free? all i have to do is send in the area?  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

XP
 70%
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for the moment it's completely free.... maybe after the first wipe the houses will then need to be earned, but at this point it's completely free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> State of the World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: