DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Not that anyone particularly cares, but...

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Nefiorim
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78 EXP: 37 / 78
 47%
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Not that anyone particularly cares, but... Reply with quote

... I finished my propedeutical college year, meaning I finally made it into the university (going to study some more psychology only at a higher level).
Finally, 2 years late but what the hell... I'll get there in the end icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message
Solo_Core
Dyso MOD|Forum Admin

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68 EXP: 47 / 68
 69%
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job!! cool.gif
by the time you complete your study i'll probably have gone totally crazy, so we could use a good schrink icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Nefi! Congratulations!

Education here in Sweden is really slow...
First we have 9 (nine) years of compulsory education (ages 6-15). It's written in law that you must go those 9 years. Then we have 3-4 years of education, that is not mandatory. But it's considered basic education, and you're pretty much screwed if you don't take it. It's free though. Every student has a right to 4 years of free education at that school (we call it Gymnasium).
After that, it's adviced to go in and focus more on a certain subject. I'm not sure how many years it is, it's pretty much up to you. But I guess it is around 2-4 years. The name of that school translates to "High School" but it's definitely not the same as US High School.

So if you go through all this non-stop, without taking a year or two off, you'll be between 20-25 years old before you can go to University here.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe sounds like high school here though....

actually, when you told me about your nasty bathroom, college day you had last year of school, your college sounds like US high school! icon_biggrinno.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Norrec
PostMon 09/01/03 1:16am
In Kindo land I could be out of school already! Woo Hoo! I still got atleast 4 years, more likely 8, years left.  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostMon 09/01/03 5:39am
Don't you go to College at the age of 17-18 in the US?

Kindo land? Dude, it's called Sweden...

Nefiorim
PostMon 09/01/03 5:46am
More like 18 - 19 IIRC...

Here it can be as early as 16 (my case)..

Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. in teh US they jerk you around for years holding us at the level of everybody else so that none of the other students feel bad about themselves being left behind. This continues through the thirteen years of public education that is all but forced on us. The last four of those years are almost a complete waste of time where all of the males have pissing contests to prove their manlyhood and the females primp themselves out in gaudy dispalys trying to catch the attention of the males who are currently pissing the furthest. Contrary to how it sounds, I had a great time in high school, although it was nearly complete educational waste of time. But who ever said public schooling had anything to do with educating the youth? So Nefiorim, congratulations and consider yourself lucky that your education system (as I understand it in my near ignorance) is broken up the way that it is allowing you to excel and make the most of your educational experience.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stupid UA schools and uber-competitive student body...

the average grade point average is at least (conservative estimate) 3.0/4.0, and it's not like our school is fucking with the curriculum (sp)...

no, my spelling errors are NOT from shitty english classes, but mostly from the summer, you know, when I forgot how to speak English fluently...
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nei, 'tis true that we are much much too restricted when it comes to how some people could be starting college at 16 or even younger. But keep in mind that the male pissing contests and the female primping occurs mostly because of the f'd up ultra-materialistic and gender-molding culture that we have here in the U.S. The newspapers, magazines, T.V., billboards, etc., all start telling our children from the word GO how they are "supposed" to look/talk/eat/dress/act.

I am raising twin boys. It's tough always having to steer them to the truth, to reality. But it's a battle I relish. icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Kidding TP, could the classes get any easier? Schooling here has turned into a joke. Every level I advanced the teachers kept saying it'll get harder... it never does. If it did some dumbass might feel bad because he's a dumbass. College is the same here too... they don't expect s*it out of you, it's like a second high school just with some more freedoms. I'm done with this topic now though.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Falkhor
PostMon 09/01/03 9:12pm
Kindo land sounds much better than Sweden...  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor wrote:
Kindo land sounds much better than Sweden...

roll.gif lol I'm inclined to agree with Falkhor this time! icon_biggrinno.gif

(But don't tell anyone! icon_biggrinno.gif)
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor wrote:
Kindo land sounds much better than Sweden...

roll.gif lol I'm inclined to agree with Falkhor this time! icon_biggrinno.gif

(But don't tell anyone! icon_biggrinno.gif)
Sarah
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49
 8%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao....ok I have to disagree with Nei. They do not hold you back in the US just so other retards can feel better about themselves.... I took college courses as a junior and senior in high school at Kent State University, and those credits doubled for both hs and college credit, so by the time I actually graduated Highschool at the age of 18 and went to Ohio State, I already had 67 credits done towards my Computer Science and Engineering degree, making me almost a junior.

And my friend did the same thing I did, is only a few months older than I am, and is already working on her Masters at 21. So um yeah. Nerds unite. icon_cool.gif

As for the other shit, male pissing contests and female primping.... well, I made my own rules. Total problem with authority and following the crowd. I had a good time in hs.

Anyway, congrats Nefi
Shin2k
Elder

Level: 25
XP
EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73 EXP: 56 / 73
 76%
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still in High school, and I'm feeling like the most anti-social person on the entire school haha... Last year I was in the same class as a friend of mine, and well he was pretty much the only one I spoke to on my own iniative... Nowadays if nobody talks to me I say nothing...

Ack I hate high school, I hate those pissy teachers who think they are so much better then you, my freking english teacher wanted to teach me how to search on google! But I browsed google when he was still eating his own shit! (Okay thats pretty much not true... but well, it reflects how I feel) And I just hate those arrogant teachers, they should all be thrown out of a window! icon_mrgreen.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: