DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Benefits of Bards

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Do you think Bards should have access to most class restricted areas?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Benefits of Bards Reply with quote

I mentioned something to Griff about this, but I was wondering what others' opinions were. Do you think that bards should have access to both the Rogue's Den and the Mage's Tower in Winyatiris (and future areas) because they are 'a little bit of everything?'

For example, Bards can get Spellcraft and cast arcane spells with all the same penalties of a normal spellcaster. Not only that, but Bards also have the Hide, Move Silently, Use Magic Device, etc., that are also available to Rogues. (And techincally, according to D&D rules, Bards are considered 'rogueish.')

I'm not trying to prove anything by this, I was just trying to give another sort of benefit for becoming a bard (the least played class ever), and I was trying to see what others' opinions were.

What do you think?
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sep
PostMon 09/15/03 4:28pm
The Jack of all should have limited access to all. Can do basics for every class, but not the advanced stuff.  Reply with quote

Coral_Reef
PostMon 09/15/03 5:26pm
Sep is right. Bards should be able to fake almost anything, but not be an expert on anything except bard skills like perform.  Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Idea Mill All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: