DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

WOW
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> High Order of the Spammers
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ivan Man
PostTue 09/16/03 12:46am
Sorry all i have been grounded for 6 months
but now im back
Ivan Man

ROAR

Marquis Drayfox
PostTue 09/16/03 1:27am
Holy shit? Grounded for SIX MONTHS? O_o  Reply with quote

Sarah
PostTue 09/16/03 2:29am
Shit.... 6 months? What the hell did you do? And how old are you anyway? LOL God... to be grounded for 6 months... that would suck.  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostTue 09/16/03 9:45am
Haha, cute.  Reply with quote

Norrec
PostTue 09/16/03 10:44am
Grounded for 6 months? Did you like steal a tank or something?  Reply with quote

Kindo
PostTue 09/16/03 11:17am
I must admit it sounds a bit extreme.  Reply with quote

Ivan Man
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 3 / 25 EXP: 3 / 25 EXP: 3 / 25
 12%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well umm my best adivce is dont get wasted and come home the next morning without calling ur parents ESPECIALLY if you are still high. But if u are that high u wont think not to, and thats what happend, and by the way im 16.

RRROOOAAARRR (or Mish Mack)
badgeranim.gif BOW TO ME Image13.gif

HEHE YES YES
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Kindo
PostWed 09/17/03 10:08am
Oh my Goooood! It's a .......... stoner!!!!!11!!  Reply with quote

Z
PostWed 09/17/03 3:54pm
111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111  Reply with quote

Z
PostWed 09/17/03 3:56pm
damn, forgot the cheese.

cheese2.gif

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... good, then you deserved it. Here I thought it was for something minor like not taking out the trash or something. But hey, six months was just about right for something like that.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kindo
PostWed 09/17/03 4:34pm
For getting high...? You against stuff like that, or sumthin'? icon_eek.gif  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... not so much that anymore, but I still think that there should be a certain age limit behind it. 21 is a little much but yet 16 is still pretty damn young. Regardless to how 'old' and 'resonsible' you might think you are at that age, you're not. I look back at that age and even though I never drank or smoked, I still didn't like some of the decisions I made. So, seeing as how your parents care for you, I can see something like that (doubly illegal) being worth 6 months of grounding.
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only illegal because people decided it's illegal. Hence no legitimate reason for grounding imo. Nor does Ivan mention anything about driving into a geriatric couple, tearing up houses while barely concious, driving through several red lights stiff on drugs and drinks so frankly 6 months is just ridiculous.
If it was a daily recurring thing I'd say yea then he'd have a serious problem and i'd understand his parents taking stiff actions because they love him. If he had done any of the things I just mentioned then yea I'd understand punishment is appropriate. I understand his parents concern for not hearing from him at the time they agreed upon.
I also understand his parents talking to him about why he felt the need to smoke and drink at this age, that would have been constructive and serve ivan far better than locking him up in his room for 6 months.
I smoked pot for the first time when i was 16 and probably had my first drink around the same time. My parents knew about it and were okay with me trying as long as I kept it under control. It didn't make me addicted to either alcohol or drugs, nor made me grab heavier drugs, it doesn't do that for most people, though the chances of that happening are far bigger in a country that throws all drugs on one big pile and tells you to keep your hands off of it all. Why not try something harder when the same punishment are given for both, right? Why not try something new when your parents tell you it's all equally dangerous. What america really needs is education, not scare tactics or punishment...
The problem is not the substance, it's the substance abuse. But hey a lot of people are addicted to fat food or sigarettes and we all know it ends up killing a lot of them through clogged arteries, heartattacks and various other ailments so why not ban that? Because the food industry pays taxes, because the tobacco industry has lobbyists, that's why. It's not profitable for the american government to outlaw fatty food or sigarettes.
Grounding someone on the basis that he's done something your government has decided is inappropriate at a certain age is conformism, lack of information and parental fear. It doesn't do much good though other than instilling those same aspects on your children. It doesn't solve the underlying issues of children growing up, opposing the boundaries their parents adhere to and the potential abuse that come from not being informed properly.

Just my two cents...
View users profile Send private message
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What america really needs is education, not scare tactics or punishment...

No, what people need is an education. I can damn well guarantee that I can find a nice double digit percentage of people in YOUR country that need an education too. So, let's not base it off of that, shall we? icon_wink.gif
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i can damn well guarantee you that most dutch people are better off education wise than americans, no offense meant to americans, just to your government. Also i wasnt talking about education in general (which again is far better in holland from what i seen so far) but education on a specific subject.
I find it rather ironic that the netherlands mostly legalized drugs, yet we have far less drugaddicts percentage wise. Makes you think doesn't it?
I've been in america for a bit now, it does seem that on a lot of issues the general consensus is: Be afraid people and if you're not you get jailed for not walking in line with the rest of the population.
Ivan Man
Master

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now after all that shit happened I've been sober for 6 months, and havent somked since. I guess it did me some good and I learned from it so yea take it from me of foxboy he seems to have the right idea, DONT DO DRUGS, yea cause they only mess you up.

HEHE YES YES
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address
Sarah
Grandmaster

Level: 19
XP
EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49 EXP: 4 / 49
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderation is the key.... you do too much of anything, and itll turn out bad for you. Dope is illegal because of early politics, not because it actually harms you.
Ivan Man
PostWed 09/17/03 11:16pm
Hey i just dont want to get grounded again  Reply with quote

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hey i just dont want to get grounded again

And that's what i mean. Doesn't solve the issue of you overusing drugs and drinks, doesn't make you think why, just tells you i don't wanna get grounded again. In other words fear. Not saying go against your parents, but i am saying think for yourself and ask yourself why you were doing it.
Marquis Drayfox
PostThu 09/18/03 4:41am
Hmph. Seems to have worked for him. Congrats Ivan! icon_smile.gif  Reply with quote

Ectovult
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drugs are bad for you.. PERIOD...
If you aren't intelligent enough to figure that out, then you were very well punished!

Quite frankly, (and now im not talking to you, but to the general drug using people) I think that people who resort to drugs are LOSERS.. that's it... they need that stuff to actually feel good with themselves... at one point, they just CANT have fun without them... and that my friends, is terribly messed up...

Stay clean and stay happy...
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you never gonna use drugs Ectovult? Ever gonna take an alcoholic drink? Do you use sugar? Chocolate? Alcohol? Coffee? Coca Cola? Watch tv, medicine?
All addictive if abused, did you know?
Again what you're talking about is abuse. It's quite amusing to see how you pile everyone who uses any measure of drugs in whatever amount on the same heap. Kinda like if i said everyone should use drugs and that everyone who doesn't use drugs is a conformist, scared of trying it out and brainwashed.
If you don't see the difference between deciding for yourself whether or not you want to take something because you base that decision on information as opposed to stopping just because you were grounded you'll make a wonderfull addition to the flock. Before you judge people that easy you might get your head out of your ass and start reading up on the subject.

But then when i hear you repeating commercials from tv i'm thinking man, you found your drug, you're such a loser...
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkhor wrote:
It's only illegal because people decided it's illegal. Hence no legitimate reason for grounding imo.
Actually, there's a lot of truth to that. Pot was made illegal in the US for one reason and one reason only. They couldn't figure out an effective way of taxing it. icon_wink.gif With tobacco, it was easy. You tax the dog piss outta the processors and refiners (ie, Phillip Morris.) With spirits, it was a little tougher (heh, hence the ban of alchohol in the early 1900's and the birth of NASCAR and moonshine runners.) But eventually, ban was lifted, heavy taxing was put in place on the distrubuters and all was good. However, with marijuanna, it's not so easy. It's easily "home grown", requires little to zero processing, and is so readily available (example, back in the day when I used to smoke a little doobie, it was easier for me to get a dime bag than it was to get a pack of ciggarettes or a bottle of beer.) This is the one and only reason it's still banned in the US. There is no other arguement that can be made otherwise. Because all the arguements are pretty much out the window once alchohol comes into the discussion. icon_wink.gif
Just my thoughts...
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why alcohol should be banned to, with all other crap out there!!!!!! cussing.gif cussing.gif cussing.gif
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Falk. Cristopher Columbus thought for himself. He did follow the common theory that the earth was flat. Even though that is what everyone was told, what almost everyone believed, he wanted to find out for himself.

One of my favorite quotes is by Mark Twain:

"Never let school interfere with your education."
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... well I half-way agree with Falk, and I half-way agree with Ecto. I've tried drinking (actually got drunk for the first time two months ago), and yeah... it was okay, but really I didn't think it was all its cracked up to be. Thus, I don't use it, or very very very rarely use it (haven't again yet, but I could possibly see myself using it again). HOWEVER, I am a VERY firm believer that you can't successfully MAKE this decision until your are mature enough and responsible enough. For some people, yes this comes sooner than others.

I work at a gas station and sell beer to soooo many people. 95% of the people I sell beer to are regulars who come in nearly every day of the week. Now these people I pity. Not because of who they are, (hell, some of them are the funniest damn people!) but because they are so convinced that they have to get beer every day, they spend about... $50 a WEEK on it, at least. This is the situation with thousands upon thousands of people and drugs. They weren't old enough or responsible enough when they made their first decision, thus they are paying the consequences--whether or not they are aware of it.

Sooooo.... well, yes I believe that you should *try* it before you slam it. But you MUST make sure you are MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY ready to do so. If you don't like it, there you have it. But in light of poeple as a whole, it should stay illegal because not enough people are responsible when they use it. Thus accidents occur.

What would you think if you had a best friend who was killed in a car accident because some stoner was 'having a good time?'

Makes you think a little bit doesn't it?
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I think:

BEN HARPER LYRICS

"Burn One Down"

Let us burn one from end to end,
And pass it over to me my friend.
Burn it long, we'll burn it slow,
To light me up before I go.

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around,
'cause I'm gonna burn one down.
Yes, I'm gonna burn one down.

My choice is what I choose to do,
And if I'm causing no harm, it shouldn't bother you.

Your choice is who you choose to be,
And if you're causin' no harm, then you're alright with me.

Yes, I'm gonna burn one down.

Herb the gift from the earth,
And what's from the earth is of the greatest worth.
So before you knock it try it first,
Oh, you'll see it's a blessing and not a curse.

Yes, I'm gonna burn one, oohhh.
Ivan Man
Master

XP
 12%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea well drugs do mess you up i can agree with that now. All that they give u is something fake and when thats over you feel like shit. Now that i quit i have a lot more money 2. icon_biggrin.gif . So just dont do what i did.

HEHE YES YES
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel the same about regular scheduled television, gives you something fake and when it's over you feel like shit....
Now that I cut off my cable i have a lot more money.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> High Order of the Spammers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: