DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

What I did on my Summer Vacation

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Show signatures  
Glith
The Wanderer

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33 EXP: 23 / 33
 69%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: What I did on my Summer Vacation Reply with quote

(Or - for those south of the Equator - what I'll be doing on my Summer Vacation)

I'll go first...

* Installed Surround Sound speakers at home
* Went to the Michigan Ren. Fest a couple of times
* Took a road trip down to North Carolina, and got to meet Conrad (note: this was waaay before the Hurricane)
* Looked at my garage, thought 'Hey - I should install some insulation there before winter'.
* Went over to Chicago for some training
* Got my Trumpet back out for some practice (yep - still as bad as always)
* Went over to Toronto to hang out with some friends there for a long weekend
* Finally picked up both SoU and Flight Sim 2004

Anyone else? Without too much spam? icon_wink.gif

Later!
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t for the SoU! Not w00t for the Flight Sim.... *bleh* icon_wink.gif

Erm... well... let me see. I went camping in Minnesota for a week. I went gambling and made a couple hundred dollars. (Gambling is a big thing for me. Its 21 in Iowa, but only 18 in Minnesota, so I gamble there because I'm only 19)

Let's see.... I got drunk for the first time. Not a big deal, really. But had fun. Something I will probably do again, but definitely keep to a minimum. (And for those hard core drinkers, if you have to know what it was, it was Vodka, Pineapple Juice, and Maui!)

Hmm... what else... That's about it. I had a pretty boring summer. I worked a shiz'load. Other than that... that's my summer in a box. icon_biggrinno.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dreamin'
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59 EXP: 51 / 59
 86%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, took a flight to tenerife, then:

week one:
get up at 11am, go mountainbiking until 4pm, relax at the beach until sunset.
eat dinner, go to meet friends in pubs or bars, drink until the clubs open (means: drink from around 9pm to 2am), then go clubbing until the morning
first day of week two:
get up at 9am, drive up to around 2500m over sea level (with the cars icon_wink.gif, get the mountainbikes ready, start to downhill on a real rocky, narrow, and "sligthly" dangerous path, take a wrong turn, jump over the bikes front wheel, hit some rocks with my face, nearly cut my chin off icon_eek.gif
try to stop the blood, try to find the nearest hospital, have fun looking at the doctors faces and hearing their remarks: "Mi madre!" - "Madre de dios!"
45 minutes not too comfortably work removing all dirt and stones from my face, then having the cut stitched
remainder of the second week: no food for 2 days, can't open the mouth for more than a straw, no biking, no swimming for the rest of the week icon_evil.gif
but at least the drinking and clubbing was allowed icon_wink.gif
last week: still no sports, but at least the drinking and clubbing works as usual now icon_mrgreen.gif
View users profile Send private message
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What I did on my Summer Vacation Reply with quote

Glith wrote:

* Took a road trip down to North Carolina, and got to meet Conrad (note: this was waaay before the Hurricane)

I live in North Carolina to icon_evil.gif

That Hurricane... bah I wouldnt even call it a storm. There was some wind and a leaf almost killed me... oh my! Didnt even rain.
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
PostThu 09/25/03 2:11am
You must be in Charlotte or Asheville area.  Reply with quote

Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake County. Its good tho... two days out of school leading into a weekend.... Public schools are great icon_twisted.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: