DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Great New Module.

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Norrec
Hero

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65 EXP: 30 / 65
 46%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: Great New Module. Reply with quote

Ok, I becan my hunt for a good NwN module on the Bioware fourms... it took about 1 day and I found this module called Ruin Valor recommened to me. I have to say.... its a great module. Highly Roleplaying based, low xp... I think the highest char was level 8 that I saw. Its kind of new but there is normally a good 10-15+ players on. I havent really got a big enogh party to go explore yet... but im haveing fun. Accidently bought a oxen for 60gp and was trying to sell it in the market... the some guy came up and killed it... THe Enforcer aka. Batman killed him... but it was great... even if he wasent Roleplaying when he did it.

If you deside to play there... for those of you that dont know, I play Norrec Vizjeri. The site is http://www.erhs.net/
Check under server for the IP and Downloads to get the Hak Pak.
Sep
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78 EXP: 60 / 78
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Ruin Valor as well. Very good group of players. Always always IC and the DMs have a good plotline everynight it seems. Just a note that they will ban for no/poor roleplay, and the Hak is about 70MB. Also youll need 2150 xp for 2nd level.
Marquis Drayfox
PostThu 09/25/03 2:29pm
Yuck.....  Reply with quote

Norrec
PostThu 09/25/03 7:09pm
Yuck....? The modules great... so what if you going to be at level 1 for a long long long time...  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
PostThu 09/25/03 7:28pm
Sounds good, except for that 70MB hak.... and Batman. icon_wink.gif  Reply with quote

Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hack aint so bad. It allows custom everything from crazy items, to drawbridges and moats, clothes, creaures...This is by far the largest hak I have ever d/l, but its in now, and I have fun on there. The RP is worth it IMO.
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the Death system for Ruin Valor:

Death rules:
Upon death your time that you must wait to use teh portal will be dependant on your lvl. If your lvl one the portal will work for you after one minute. if your any lvl above lvl one it will go like this.

lvl time
-----------------------------------------

1 1min
2 3min
3 5min
4 5min + 1min for each lvl above 3
5 5min + 1min for each lvl above 3
6 5min + 1min for each lvl above 3
7 5min + 1min for each lvl above 3
8 The portal will not work for you, res only.
9 The portal will not work for you, res only.
10 The portal will not work for you, res only.
11 The portal will not work for you, res only.
12 The portal will not work for you, res only.
13 The portal will not work for you, res only.
14 The portal will not work for you, res only.
15 Possible Perminant Death
16 Possible Perminant Death
17 Possible Perminant Death
18 Possible Perminant Death
19 Possible Perminant Death
20 Possible Perminant Death
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, JUST so everyone doesn't jump down my throat, this is what *IMHO* I see as the problem with this is:

There is one major uber super important thing that this game does that a REAL P&P game can't do... and that's speed things up. When I run 3rd ed games, one round of combat with about... 4-5 people takes about 2-3 minutes real time. Whereas in NWN, it takes 6 seconds ( I think ) which is hardly if at all enough time to react to things. One problem that a lot of people don't do is take that into account when making modules. Thus, I don't think that any module should start you at level one, especially if you have to do a lot of soloing (which 95% of modules do).
That was the one problem with the new dyso... you started out at level one with let's say even a fighter. The bug bears you fight at the beginning (which are CR1 characters remember) have a +4 to hit, and can deal 1d8+4 damage. That's enough to INSTANTLY kill any class with an average con. Not only that, but they shoot crossbows with POISON on them. So more or less, if you don't buy a belt of some sort of resistance, you will die at least 2-3 times (unless your lucky).
Just as something to point out, even the NWN developers saw this. That's why they have the prelude which jumps you to level three AND they give you a comrade to travel with. Not only that, but the creatures deal very minimal damage. A lot of those 'HCR' modules don't take this into effect, thus I don't like it.
Har-Rhun on the other hand, even though it starts you at level one, you don't stay at level one for more than... 10 minutes if you do things right. I will admit, I didn't have any troubles with those beetles, however my friend, whom I recommeded to this module, did. Died at least 4 times.

Sooooooooo..... this is just something I take into account when choosing a module. Not only that, but this is part of the reason I played dyso (although I think level 5 was a little too high).

But on top of it all, 70MB hack pack is enourmous. One things for sure though, you can guarantee that everyone playing there will have a good connection! icon_wink.gif

PLEASE REMEMBER, THIS IS OPINION. DON'T JUMP DOWN MY THROAT!
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sep
Elder

XP
 76%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all you said Fox. Thats why I play there. They are a good group of guys, mostly PnPers who know how to roleplay. The big Hak discourages the casual powergamer/griefer, and the death system cuts back on people racing to get a high level. There is a usual crowd of around 7-15 on everytime I look, and I think its the best size for DM events and such, as you can have 2-3 groups of 3-5 people.
Little Teapot
Deity

Level: 39
XP
EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160 EXP: 31 / 160
 19%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PnP takes too much time...
I usually just run my own campaigns, going solo through D&D
I now have a 48th level bard with a sword that drains 2d4 levels per hit, can suggest someone to drown/stop flying/do anything else with a bluff skill of about 90
   het ziet er toch wel een beetje naar uit dat we nederlands praten
Matthijs says:
   mischien moet ik dan maar eens vaker nederlands gaan praten
Matthijs says:
   kan je me ook meteen niet op al mijn spellinsfouten wijzen
There you have it! indisputable proof Solo's a fascist!!!
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Marquis Drayfox
PostFri 09/26/03 3:55am
Wow... you must have a LOT of time on your hands...........  Reply with quote

Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished downloading and installing everything from that site....

all pretty much average sized haks

when I opened the portrait pack though LOL I was missing all but 3 of them in there icon_razz.gif

I will try this out. since I dont think dyso will be updateing to the new patch anytime soon
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Darkshadow666
Grandmaster

Level: 16
XP
EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39 EXP: 5 / 39
 12%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds intriguing, but I've never been fond of large hak's because most seem like they don't live up to them. I'll check it out though. I'm always intererested in how people design their Mod's. Plus I like Mod's with a lot of quests, so you can balance out the PG and RP factors. Sep/Norrec any info on quests there?

How about this concept....On our module we let you have the choice on whether you want the auto-level or not. We let the players think for themselves instead of trying to dicatate how they play. I will admit it is very difficult to level at 1, but there are a few tricks to do it if you think about how we set it up. Even better if someone doesn't take the auto-level and wants somewhere easier to play we'd create a custom map in about a day or two. I've played quite a few Mod's out there, and first and foremost regardless of RP or PG I look for a MOD where the players come first. I don't get the concept of making a Mod for yourself. I think in order to make a good Mod you have to build your character and play it otherwise you never get a feel for what it's truly like. Out of the four of us who develop our Mod not one has gotten any free XP or auto-leveled to 20.

..just my opinion icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website
Tae
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20 EXP: 17 / 20
 85%
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkshadow666 wrote:
We let the players think for themselves instead of trying to dicatate how they play. I will admit it is very difficult to level at 1, but there are a few tricks to do it if you think about how we set it up. Even better if someone doesn't take the auto-level and wants somewhere easier to play we'd create a custom map in about a day or two. I've played quite a few Mod's out there, and first and foremost regardless of RP or PG I look for a MOD where the players come first. I don't get the concept of making a Mod for yourself. I think in order to make a good Mod you have to build your character and play it otherwise you never get a feel for what it's truly like. Out of the four of us who develop our Mod not one has gotten any free XP or auto-leveled to 20.

..just my opinion icon_wink.gif

Wow, that's cool. I'd love to play there.
Tae icon_razz.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: