DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Assassin Job board

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Truia
Grandmaster

Level: 18
XP
EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45 EXP: 32 / 45
 71%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Assassin Job board Reply with quote

I have a new build that I love to mess around with on RP servers. Great Rp and fun as hell.

Basically the Assassin job board would allow people who hold a grudge against another to pay for the death of that person.

You would go into the assassin guild talk to the desk clerk, give the name and a description, how much you will pay for the persons death, so it can be put on the board so that assassins can pick up the job, do the deed then collect the money without haveing to know the person who hired them in the first place.

The money would be paid upon bringing a death token of the person who died back to the desk clerk.

I aint a scripter, so I dont know how this would work or even if it would but it would add to the RP experience on a server.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm That be Murder for hire not assassin.Assassin were a group historically within the early Sultanate with there own agenda.Which they followed with initiates and Refiks and Daiis till they fell foul of the Khanate.Assassin have power by fear of there attack as such most of the sucess is in the carefull creation of an image not by action.They acted frugally to show there usefullness to the state or to curb those who set up in competition.As such your desk would be the first prime target for any true Assassin guild.They would soon unleash the sword Arm of the Ishmaelitites the Hashshashin *from which the word Hashish derives as the order kept these lower levels in drug induced obedience**.For over two hundred years in the RW the Assassin Guild controlled a shadow Empire in the heart of Islam by strict control of there greatest weopan FEAR of assination.I ramble on because ive thought long about the purpose of an Asssassin Guild ....its purpose is Power and terror.Its role is to serve itself not exact revenge for others that is more a Gangster Murder Inc type role Assassin ashould be so much more .

Dont disagree with idea but not say Assassin though i know its just a word to many.But by using you give the task you outlined a dignity and class it doesnt deserve JUSt call it Murderer For Hire ...or something call it what it is but not an Assassin Guild cos that it aint.

Classes like Paladins Clerics etc have different agendas as do assassins .And that Agenda aint paid Murderer unless in the intrest of the Guild.Independent operatives who go around killing for hire would be quickly made examples of.The standard procedure was to Finely cut the fools skin insert salt in the wounds and cover with filth.The body would then be left to fester staked in the sun.not sure we couyld do that in Rhun but worth a try.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
View users profile Send private message
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I can't exactly say I support it. It gives excuse for straight PvP. Not only that, but let's say some little ol' level 5 is being stalked by some big level 20.... they wouldn't have a chance.

As realistic as it may sound, I will have to thumbs down this one. plthumbsdown.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since Fox disagrees I'm going to have to give it a sorta thumbs up. (hehe jk icon_smile.gif)Instead of being a straight assassin guild (because I think M-K gave a great and accurate little inside bit on the history of the assassins) I think maybe an underground organization following the Lesser diety Hoar that employs assassins. (Hoar followers are all about vengence and retribution often employing assassins or being assassins themselves)

As for the PvP part, this would be one of those "evil" organizations that the DMs would have to keep an eye on. I'd hope the players involved in the creation of this would have some respect for fellow players and fellow members. Send a new recuit to deal with a low level "easy" target, a master assassin wouldn't much bother with such a simple task when there is somebody more improtant he/she could be stalking. I think it'd also be wonderful if this group had a code of conduct to go along with it. Maybe something like the "Sorrowful Men" from the "Song of Ice anf Fire" series or that each assassin has to apologize to the target just before dispatching them. Or even better get to know their target before dispatching it, and in their final report they must write a small obituary of what they found. I think there are many great RP oppertunities here Truia, it is a good idea in my opinion, but it'll have to be managed by somebody who is innovative, strict to the disipline, willing to work with the DMs, and most of all respects fellow players.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Sep
PostThu 09/25/03 7:33pm
That is a real stretch. I am sure no DM wants to be an "assassin" guild babysitter. That is not why they are here.  Reply with quote

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With "assassins" it's always difficult to judge whether their reasons for killing someone were good enough or not. Even if you are an assassin IC, it's just plain stupid to go up to someone and kill them without any reasoning... of course that's what's supposed to happen, but 99% of victims will send a PM asking why the hell you just snapped their neck in two... and as a result you will get branded a PKer.

One thing's for sure... making it publically known that you will pay for the head of someone is going to land you in a whole load of IC trouble with the local law enforcement.

If you are playing an assassin, it's best to shout "For the glory of *Employer*" just as you are about to attack, just so the victim knows who wanted them dead.
Nei
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56 EXP: 40 / 56
 71%
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff Inn wrote:
With "assassins" it's always difficult to judge whether their reasons for killing someone were good enough or not. Even if you are an assassin IC, it's just plain stupid to go up to someone and kill them without any reasoning... of course that's what's supposed to happen, but 99% of victims will send a PM asking why the hell you just snapped their neck in two... and as a result you will get branded a PKer.

One thing's for sure... making it publically known that you will pay for the head of someone is going to land you in a whole load of IC trouble with the local law enforcement.

This is why I suggested the following of the god Hoar. They work more as vigilanti lawmen, than as ture assassins. They're dedicated to seek vengence for wrong doings done to others. So the "assassinations" will more likely than not have some good reason for taking place. Furthermore, this is why I suggested puting a strong and responsible player in charge of these people. The assassinations should be few and far between, and there must be evidence in order to perform the assassination. I don't know there could be all kinds of fun stuff added in here.

As for the second part, for exactly this reason they do have many problems with the law. Which could be yet another part of this organization. A code where you must kill discretely, nobody must know of your doing it type thing, and if you're caught you'll tell nothing of your affiliations. The organizations could have a "secret" hideout of some sorts dectable only by assassins, and even then they must have some sort of password type thing to get in.

And for what Sep said... the DMs wouldn't have to babysit these people, but instead I was saying more that the DMs would have more of a right to revoke a character if they saw it getting too far out of line. I remember a thread earlier in the year where it was discussed about evil char's actions being strictly scrutinized by DMs, I was just saying that this group would also fall into that catagory.

I understand this doesn't even come close to following the Helmite ideology you're trying to setup, but it is still in my opinion an incredibly cool and fun idea. If it's even implementable and gets a decent following once Cobar gets up and going I can see many possibilities for conflict and role-play between this group and a predominatly Helmite group of paladins. Just my opinion. I'd also like to apologize to Truia if I took her idea places she never intended. If so I think she should have another say before this thread is dismissed, discarded, or locked. But again this is also just my opinion.
View users profile Send private message AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Idea Mill All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: