DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

ITEMS

This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
M-K
Elder

Level: 24
XP
EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68 EXP: 57 / 68
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: ITEMS Reply with quote

Want to take away the immunities no problem.Would question the Boots or more request a little revision.You have some large maps with large area to get around 1 haste a day that lasts a relatively short time you create a chore.That may be real if anything in a fantasy setting could be called realistic ever..but rather detract from fun .Which has to be main point.if you wish this road I suggest a series of boots.
1) level one to 8 use 2 haste spells per day..No additions to stats
2)9 to 14 greater boots of Movement 4 haste per day small addition to AC
3 Ultimate Boots of movement 5 haste a day Level 20 or by DM with freedom and AC plus..........

but in my humble opinion 1 haste a day that is short lasting ....COUNT the seconds ...**dont say buy the potion there as bad *. Is just the creation of drudgery..

Think over and over what is the one thing people always want HASTe why IT removes the Droll Slowness of the modules movement....the one thing that generally not always I agree that everyone wants you remove and replace with a minimal spell??.
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

"Orwell was right : Pacifists are the objective allies of tyrants."

As said by Pompey the Great
Do not talk to us of Laws.we have swords
View users profile Send private message
M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked how long the spell on the bootsd lasts 30 secs not even long enough for a decent melle sitiuation.enuf maybe to get off ONE large scale map ....if few beasties and fewer tree
"It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning."

-George Orwell

Griff Inn
Ice Lolly

Level: 23
XP
EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65 EXP: 46 / 65
 70%
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the boots should just give movement rate increase, and not all the haste bonuses... I'd be happy to do that instead. How about 50% movement speed increase for 1 turn/level?
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

Level: 32
XP
EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111 EXP: 6 / 111
 5%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!!! But you should make it permanent movement increase. That's the only reason that I miss them. I can give up the actual 'Haste' part of it. Just make it so we move faster!!! Please!? icon_biggrinno.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
M-K
Elder

XP
 83%
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest not sure of the exact balance.Ive played on some mods were no perm haste.But two points the map configuration and size enabled movement to be not overly long..this aint the case going fron Wintris to Dragon cave for example is a long long haul and if the same case holds on Tuskan travel would be very ungratifying.The boots make it bearable and allow you to avoid the low spawns Orcs ogres and such which become a distraction if your level is high.
those mods had all spawns tied to level also somehow so as you advanced the critters you met even outside the city gates got worse too.
Secondly there was a series of boots which were very cheap at the bottom level to very expensive for the one with 6 hastes.Also it seemed the spell length had been adjusted for they lasted longer than normal...average 90 seconds plus.
This Mod also has no immunities just pluses to die rolls etc .

-George Orwell

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest that instead of having the Amulets of Resistance give +1 Natural Armor and 10/- Resostance, instead give them +1/2 Saves against the element of reistance. Thus, an Amulet of Electrical Resistance would be

+2 Saves vs Electric
10/- Electric Resistance

Seems a bit more practical to me this way....
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah I like the +1 ac and 10 resist. I thought about what you suggested, but there's other ways you can get saves and not many ways to get the natural ac modifier other than the amulets.
Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potions? Last I knew, potions didn't grant saving throw bonuses... and regardless, I would MUCH rather drink a potion of barkskin and get +3 AC and wear another uber amulet than not drink a potion of barkskin for that extra +2 AC... It might matter at the low levels, but you can't even wear a +5 Nat. Armor Ammy at that level.....
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're entitled to your opinion, Fox ... icon_smile.gif As I said, however, I like the way it is now. Maybe I will change my mind in time, but at this point it's a minor consideration which I am not going to spend much time on.
Sep
PostThu 10/16/03 1:23pm
You can get saving throw bonii on any type of item, but you can only get Natural AC from ammies.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
Fox Child

XP
 5%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* Potions of Barkskin *cough* 3 hours *cough* A mere 120 gp *cough*

/cough

icon_biggrinno.gif
Sep
PostFri 10/17/03 1:53pm
I think youre the only one in the world that uses potions of barkskin. I hate using them.  Reply with quote

Marquis Drayfox
PostFri 10/17/03 5:55pm
You know, while we're on that note, I find it quite silly how you can't choose the bonus armor types other than 'Armor' and 'Shield' bonuses...  Reply with quote

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

XP
 8%
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I will agree with that, I think it would be useful if the tools allowed you to define whether something was deflection or whatever on items such as rings, amulets, and such.
This forum is locked you cannot post, reply to or edit topics   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    DysoForums Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: