DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

Guild Thread - Ferco association

View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  
Ferco-Butter
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 5 / 14 EXP: 5 / 14 EXP: 5 / 14
 35%
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Guild Thread - Ferco association Reply with quote

My fellow members and associates of the Ferco guild, I would like to ask you to consider and comment on a set of questions for the guidance of all of us.

a) Shall we form an official guild, with basic bylaws or policies, such as to help all lower level characters, to obtain wealth and contribute to our community, or just to promote a fun RP environment for all, etc. ?

b) Shall we include all of the primary members and new associates we have met over the last days? (I say yes. A friend of Tiarella's is a friend of mine.)

c) Given the proposed implementation of tradeskills, as shown in this thread: http://dyso.joelpt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=358 , shall we plan complementary tradeskills within our group?

Examples of tradeskills: "Players will be able to get jobs as miners, gatherers, hunters, ranged weapon crafters, melee weapon crafters, heavy armor smiths, tanners/light armorers, magical item crafters, and more!"

d) Should we buy a house in Kravenwood - or elsewhere - and pay salary for an NPC guard, or to town guards to patrol by? Or should we staff the lawn with a couple of Dragons?

e) Should we arrange standing quests with the Gods of Dysotopia, for the group to manage and participate in? Perhaps we could prepare some plots, etc.?

f) Do we agree that this is all just a concept until (1) Dysotopia stabilizes and (2) the tradeskills are added and (3) the servervault wipe is performed ?

Thank you for your time.

Ferco-Butter
Guild Archivist
View users profile Send private message
River
Adept

Level: 4
XP
EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11 EXP: 10 / 11
 90%
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Guild Thread - Ferco association Reply with quote

After considering, here are my comments -

a) Bylaws and being official seem counter to my experience with Ferco, though if a guild was formed I would apply and abide.

b) I’m willing to share the Ferco experience with others who have an interest. I would consider a friend of a member to be a friend of mine yet if this is an official guild, perhaps membership should be delayed until the person is recommended by a certain number of members.

c) I do not intend to plan for trade skills until it becomes a reality. When it does, we can address it then.

d) This sounds fine with me, but only if we can name the property…. Hammerschlag!

e) Standing quests and submitting plots sound interesting. I’d like to hear more.

f) When these things happen, it gives us an opportunity to try again, perhaps making it better. Even though things may be wiped in the future, is that future enough of a deterrent to delay having fun with it for now?

Of course, these are only my opinions and are hopefully of more use than a mirror in an ogre’s cave.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Glorin
PostTue 11/19/02 7:52pm
ive never even heard of your guild...whats it about?  Reply with quote

snewo
Master

Level: 14
XP
EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33 EXP: 8 / 33
 24%
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Ferco Guild Reply with quote

We're not an official Guild, so that would explain why you haven't heard of us. I think the best sentence to describe us would be:

"We're a loosly organized band of misfits that wanted about aimlessly with not sense of purpose or direction."

Butter's comment above is trying to initiate interest in getting us to be "official" in Dyso. I am not against that Senior Butter. I suggest you develop a quick one page of bylaws to see if we have buy-in from all members.

--
Snewo
"It's all about the ale"
View users profile Send private message Send email
Ferco-Butter
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 5 / 14 EXP: 5 / 14 EXP: 5 / 14
 35%
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:13 pm    Post subject: You are wise, grasshopper, beyond your years. Reply with quote

Snewo is correct. Again.

We have been playing together online for years, but not so long at NWN and less on Dyso. That said, why not have the benefits of a guild since we're all on Dyso regularly, such as (1) our own abode and (2) a cool stag helmet with special powers, for example.

I will see what else our group replys to this thread with and what they say to me in-game and we'll go from there.

Given that we are a loose alliance of aimless characters, I anticipate the mission statement for our guild and any by-laws to be quite compact.

Butter
Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, guilds arent given en thing special untill they prove their worth it, u need to build up yourselves and make a name for yourselves in dyso before u get ur guild item or possibly guild HQ. It wuld also be in your interest to seek out a lord for what city u want ur HQ to be in.

Me, Glorin for evil city of undead (not yet added, coming soon)

Kraven (Brihurley) for Kravenwood

??? (undecided) for eleriina
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Tiarella Jones~
Master

Level: 9
XP
EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20 EXP: 7 / 20
 35%
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glorin -
Thank you for your words. To your point, we have begun to develop extensive relationships across the realm of dysotopia, inviting many travellers to join with us and share in our exploits. We hope to cultivate these relationships so that over time we will be well known throughout the lands.
As for the location of our future guild, it is still undetermined. I infer from your post that guilds are subordinate to the Lord of a city and enjoy their freedoms at their Masters will. Does this mean that taxes or homage is to be paid to this Lord to keep the guild in his favor? Also, by what means does one petition for the creation of the guild? Is there a formal approval/rejection process for guild development?

Tiarella Jones~
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there is no formal application to have your guild made official.
In fact technically there are no official guilds in Dyso. Players tend to come up with an idea and attract their own members by interacting with other players in game. So far though it seems the LoS is the only guild with some measure of stability though that may have to do with being the oldest one so far present in Dyso. I made a post about building up guilds somewhere on this forum:
http://64.4.18.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=04639a5ae48450d47ed1c75efb34dd97&lat=1037750506&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fdysotopia%2ecom%2fforums%2fviewtopic%2ephp%3fp%3d8124%238124
Just for information sake.

Guilds are not subordinate to cityleaders unless the guild of course was build around that concept ( in particular city militia) so no taxes are paid to keep a lord satisfied. In fact in the case of a militia one would assume the lord would pay them in stead of charge them to be in his city icon_smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> General Guild Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: