DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How come i am banned?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Yes this is a series of opinions
i think ogt was unfairly banned
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
i think ogt should be given 5 minutes alone with a kravenwood guard in a pvp area so he can take his wrath out
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
i think ogt should become a mayor
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Ogt
PostTue 11/26/02 7:52pm
OGT THE GOOD CLERIC HAS WON!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ogt on Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:15 am, edited 20 times in total

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I heard Ogt, you were really misbehaving the other day.
Shoting, timestop abuse etc. And somehow even escaped the prison (?).

You might want to tell us your side of the story.
Maybe you have a perfectly good explanation?
Is Falk lying you say? I doubt it.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ogt
PostTue 11/26/02 8:07pm
DELETED

Last edited by Ogt on Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total

Griff Inn
PostTue 11/26/02 11:04pm
Please, a lot of people want to know the details of what happened, could Falk and Ogt both post their sides of the story?

Griff

Arniz
Master

Level: 12
XP
EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27 EXP: 6 / 27
 22%
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway that ogt is a shout abuser (and maybe drunken all the time in real : icon_smile.gif ) is no real secret,
but that isnt very important, he is a very helpful guy and does more rp then 80 % of the other players around.
He honetsly makes playing on Dyso much more fun.

If i think about banning peeps i have a handful of other players in my mind,
but surely not Ogt!
At last when he has his shouting fun its mostly fun for most of the other players aswell, and there are really worse peeps playing on Dyso.

So what the hell is this about?!?

Llewlan
View users profile Send private message
Ogt
PostWed 11/27/02 12:00am
DELETED

Last edited by Ogt on Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total

Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what it boils down to is a moderator made a request as a moderator and a player decided to basically be defiant and rebellious insofar as the moderator was concerned. Each has their reasons for the course of actions and, if I sit back and look at it from both sides, I can see both points fairly clearly. Problem is that there seems to be some existing "dislike" between the moderator and the player already and that is what led to more sabre rattling than normal ... culminating in jail time.

Going on simply what I know, I'm inclined to agree with Falkhor, tho I haven't heard it from Ogt's side. That said, it also comes down to the moderators more or less having that "final say" in these matters. If the moderators must tread lightly constantly fretting over being second guessed any time they make a request or a judgement call, then no one will want to be a moderator. The moderators were picked and assigned for a reason ... serious players of Dyso who have demonstrated a keen sense of fairness and RP over a long time. We all may not agree with everything they say or do, but they have earned that degree of "final say" in the eyes of Bri and Gesh. Keep that in mind when you decide to argue points with a moderator.

The moderators won't always agree amongst themselves, as some of them have pretty different views on some things. Take Falk and me, we agree on somethings, disagree on others ... but I will say that I know first hand how difficult it can be to try to moderate out there and I defer to his wisdom on his own actions. If he is willing to stand by his actions, it is not MY place to undermine his authority. If the moderators are always undermining each other, we may as well have no moderators. If a moderator did something "bad" then that's something that Bri or Gesh has to decide, not me ... I just work here. icon_smile.gif
BriHurley
The Lord of Kravenwood Estates

Level: 17
XP
EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41 EXP: 14 / 41
 34%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As my main reason for Banning Ogt is because he has escaped from jail which isn't suppose to be capable of happening that is a bug that needs to be reported...As far as I see it Ogt you are banned until you fill me in on what you did to get out of jail! That is the main reason as for the shout spamming the jail is suffice to cool people out but when you escape and taunt the moderator you are at fault! These moderators are there to keep the game fun if it isn't fun it won't be here.

bow.gif bow.gif pimp.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sethiroth64
Mortal

Level: 2
XP
EXP: 0 / 8 EXP: 0 / 8 EXP: 0 / 8
 0%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject: Ogt Shouldnt be banned Reply with quote

Thanos

I was with ogt the whole time like normal so i was there for the whole thing i dont think he should have been jailed in the first place neither should have the newcommer all he did was shout a couple times and bam he was in jail if your going to jail peopl for shouting then you might as well walk around and throw everyone in dyso in the pen so many people shout constantly and are asked to stop and they keep at it and nothing is done aboutit untill falkor goes on a power trip and decides to see how his new powers work ands see how many ppl he can lock up yes ogt did escape from jail a few times but he really had no reason to be in there in the first place if people are going to be jailed then it should be people liek johnathan and african ape that go around murduring people for no reason so while falk is jailing peopl for a small crime of shouting the real convicts are getting away with their crimes and i mentioned this to falk and he said the only way he will do that is if he witnesses it himself now how is that right now tell me how often is he going to be in the right place at the right time almost never !
ogt was away from dyso for a couple weeks and while he was dyso was a lot less fun i foound my self play in lots of outher mods but since he came back its been much mor intertaining and i know there are outher people out there that would agree with me on that ogt is one of the main atractions of dyso without him its just not the same so if dyso looses him it looses alot.
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i will use this one to write mr ogts houdini formula

ingredients

-2 orbs of pain
-1 bottle of wine to give you courage

preparation

mix the 2 orbs of pain in your inventory carefully and making sure that you dont leave them in a bag, drink the bottle of wine in one shot to give you the courage to do the next step
second step is to relog and when you are back and die a nice window allowing you to respawn will appear

bon appetite!

and i still think that i was unfairly banned since i am not an abuser
and again i never disrupted the peace of the mod

why did i escape? because i private messaged falkhor without response , what do you really think he is goign to le me out? i think not, i think i was going to be there until next reset POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Last edited by Ogt on Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:22 pm, edited 6 times in total
Glorin
PostWed 11/27/02 1:45am
african ape is lvl 13 and doesnt wear ne clothing, how can he murder people?  Reply with quote

Brycy K1D
Mortal

XP
EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: My say in this matter. Reply with quote

Hello all of Dyso. I have read all of the posts and now have come to MY conclusion. I know most players on here, and i know the rules, read them before i came here i did. I just want to get this done here. I have played with many of you on here, and most of u have played with me, like it or not. I have done/seen some shouting nonsense A LOOT. And yes people are sorry for what they do. I know i was sorry when i got jailed for casting a wrong spell at tournament. total accident btw. I am thinking this matter over and therefore say that. I say, Yes people shout. Yes people can go thru glitches. It happends. And people are sorry for what they have done. Maybe falkhor, was having a bad day which i am sure could be possible, coming onto dyso for a relaxation. He might have wanted to relax and get away from his RL problems which i know most of us do. Maybe ogt was just a lil hyper you know? Everyone has a lil A.D.D in them sometimes. What i am trying to get at is this. Falkhor comes on to relax see's people shouting (more then one) and then see's someone who has maybe shouted 2 or 3 more times then the rest. SO he gets jailed. Person who gets jailed is mad (in this case Ogt), We all know that when people do something when they are mad (case falkhor who wanted to relax only instead comes on to shouters) What i say is this. Ogt did what EVERYONE ELse does, Shouts And has fun. Dyso is NOT going to be ruined by a few shouters. I mean yes its a roleplaying server and its FUNNEr when people play their roles, but honestly if someone gets mad because some Typing goes across the screen in YELLOW instead of White, which would be talking, im sorry but uve gotta deal with some probs. Now dont take that wrong anyone. Maybe some people get headaches from the bright yellow, but what i say is that Ogt Says sorry. and that Falkhor says sorry. Now i know people are like "BUT HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING" etc etc. How bout lets go out of RP for just a moment here, and Say Sorry. Thats it. And all matters will be resolved. In time Bri, i know u will fix the bug or whatever it is in jail ur very fuqing smart. So please. If shouting is going to be taken this SERIOUSLY, then all other rules should be as well. i have seen SOOO MANY swear words shouted out etc. I will not go into that tho. Thanks for listinin guys.
zak_fel
Hero

Level: 21
XP
EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56 EXP: 8 / 56
 14%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fact remains..Ogt and that new comer was jailed for a few shouts.
Both were singled out by Falkor...considering alot of othre ppl shout alot too! Mr. Red shouts all the time, Llewlan shouts alot too, a few LoS members shout often too; i just dont see the point of them getting jailed for a few shouts.

if the mods find that the shouts were disruptive..he should had sent a 'tell' and not just jailing them out right.

Jailing a new comer is CRAP! even thought there is the EULA..a new comer still needs advice and help. ITs up to the regulars of Dyso to assist them in anyway we can. ITs CALLED PR!! If u go around jailing new comers...no one would play on dyso anymore!
GorbGuy

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280 EXP: 189 / 280
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm,, kinda had to think a bit on how I wanted to reply to this, so here goes. Don't shoot me if I fumble. i believe that there is FAR too much shouting that takes place in Dyso. I've been a D&D player now for many years, in fact I've friends who've taken the AD&D Open at GenCON several times (our normal p-n-p D&D DM, and a few players. Don't know what GenCON is, you're missing out.) Anyways, in pen & paper roleplaying, there is no shouting (, there is notepassing (whispering or "sidebar" between player & DM, and player & player,)) granted, this isn't pnp, but it is supposed to model true roleplaying. The only time someone should make a shout is to announce something OOC, of a tournament or event taking place (Mr. Red, I think you were over-doing it a bit this past Saturday,) or from a newbie asking a general question of players more experianced than he/she. Maybe the true definition of role-playing isn't there for some folks. But let me ask this, if you shout in real life, can it be heard 2 states away? I think not. And game terms, Dyso is big enough that if someone shouts at the ship-docks, it shouldn't be able to be heard in Kravenwood, The Emerald Cave, or even in Ellrinna North. Please keep this in mind before shouting about being in jail, trash talking, yelling about how unfair things are. And because of this, I understand completely a player being jailed, but I also feel it should possibly be up to a "counsel" or the like, to make ultimate jailing decisions like this. I'm not sure exactly how a moderator works, like being a stripped down DM or what, but I don't believe you should be able to click a players name and send them to the slammer. And from what I've heard, that's exactly what it is. Jailing should be Full RP, just like everything else. Banning should come as a last resort (someone being vulgar, etc.) or when a bug has been exploited (cracking the jail lock.)
That's all. icon_smile.gif See you in game.
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:30 am    Post subject: Grok no like Reply with quote

Me Grok, know Ogt little time, but he fun...make me laff, host tornament me win in, meet new friends...

Why he in Jail, Shouting heh me shout all de time me need to, Me get feirce from shouting, heck folks shout all the time, every day I hear shouts, Mr. red hamster man shout so much u think he a mod and someone in power say no u bad go to jail....

Dat jus not right, me new to dis place. It nice place but better with Ogt.

Me say free Ogt

have Ogt say sorry and let him free den Ogt buy everyone drinks and be happy
Conrad Hollows
Har-Rhun Project Leader

Level: 38
XP
EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153 EXP: 13 / 153
 8%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorb,

I have to respectfully disagree with you on the jailing bit. Jailing is supposed to be mostly an OOC thing ... removing a distruption from the flow of the game. It's to preserve the good time for those around who are being adversely effected by the careless actions of another. It's not a perfect system, but you can't RP a resolution to something that wasn't being RPed in the first place.

Beyond that ... the moderators are using characters just like everyone else. They cannot possibly physically subdue every other type of character ... each class has its strong points and weaknesses. Hence, the moderator may not be able to do anything in a man on man situation ... or man on group for that matter, depending on classes involved.

The moderators aren't on 24/7 ... the "disruptive forces" get away with plenty because of this already. So ... when there IS a moderator around, they need to be able to act quickly and soundly and without any need to go get a specific character (perhaps the mod was using a low level character on a given day when some high level cleric goes on a PK spree). A level 7 rogue trying to arrest a level 17 cleric isn't going to be much of an arrest. The mod needs to be able to just point and click and end it quick and clean. It's bad enough the mod has to run across the lands LOOKING for the perp in the first place.
Ogt
PostWed 11/27/02 5:23am
and now that i am in my delete fest, this one goes too

Last edited by Ogt on Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total

GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:45 am    Post subject: purpose of jailing in my eyes Reply with quote

Don't agree with that jailing idea. Jailing is still allowing the person (player) to be in game. If a player has become disruptive to the point where he/she needs to be subdued, that's when a ban takes place. Jailing still allows for shouting, talking, etc to happen, and therefore it's still considered an in-game "event."

As far as the jailing method goes, that's why there should be a "cousel." Perhaps a 17 level fighter can out-fight a 7th level rouge, but can that same character outfight a bunch of hot-head lawful good 7th level monks? Or even an over powered 20th level mage? I don't think so. And if the character fails to comply, and goes on a rampage of killing people/badgers, that's when someone needs to step in and ban the person for a day. I agree that mods & DM's aren't on all the time, however, a note can be passed (forums, word of mouth, etc.) as to a players innappropriate behavior. Most players, playing a character at least half way RP style, would eventually give in to say 3 or 5 "cops" chasing after him. Player logs out, or starts killing things,, poof, ban for a day. I see that happen all too often. Player get's into something, logs out, relogs in later. That, to me, would call for a temp. ban as well.

Just my thoughts.

Added a little after. Don't think it's neccesary for you to leave, nor do I think what you did was wrong (other than cracking the jail lock,, but sh%^ happens.) I was just stating as an overall observation of the game/players. I wasn't targeting you in any way, as I wasn't on when this took place. In fact, I believe my character has some arrangements made out with Ogt. icon_smile.gif

Last edited by GorbGuy on Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total
Glorin
PostWed 11/27/02 5:49am
whys everyone talking about shouting? ogt was banned for finding away to get OUT of the jail, not because he was shouting.  Reply with quote

GorbGuy

XP
 67%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. I was commenting on the shouting that happens overall in Dyso, not to Ogt being banned for it (I had in there that it was because of the locking situation.) I believe BriHurley already commented on this as well.
Brycy K1D
Mortal

XP
EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8 EXP: 8 / 8
 100%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:01 am    Post subject: come to a STOP! Reply with quote

Lets make it final. Ogt stay or Ogt goes. Have a vote. And my vote counts for 10 people since my name is like Ogt's Dgk Death Gate Keeper. Lets have a vote. OR we can just Let Ogt and Falk BOTH say SOrry. Thats it on the website. THAT IS IT just wanna see it from both of them ITS NOT HARD PEOPLE. FORGET the cracking FORGET cheats or wahtever u call it IM TIRED its 10 O CLOCK HERE AND I WANT EVERYONE AHPPEY U STUPIDS I CANT MAKE A POLL STUPID. GRRR LETS AGREE EVERYONE WHO AGREEES TYPE YEs. Everyone who Doesnt Type NO
THaT IS ALL AND DO IT.
Glorin
PostWed 11/27/02 6:02am
lets all be happy icon_lol.gif  Reply with quote

Ogt
PostWed 11/27/02 6:07am
ive been abused many times in the past thats why i dont make this a big deal , in the end i always win because i have fun all the time  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostWed 11/27/02 6:11am
Ogt is not perma banned, no one is perma banned.  Reply with quote

GorbGuy
PostWed 11/27/02 6:14am
I say Ogt stays, but you need to read Bri's comment on this.  Reply with quote

Glorin
PostWed 11/27/02 6:16am
Bris already got an idea as to how Ogt got out of jail, we just need confirmation.  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down people.

Jailing for breaking RP should not be handled in Roleplaying like Gorb wishes.
If someone refuses to follow the server rules they should be put away in prison,
without any Roleplaying aspects being in the way.
A moderator is moderating OOC. To help take care of people breaking EULA or RP in general. Being distruptive or whatever.
I do not see why you want OOC jailing to be IC.

The difference lays in IC law-breakers. Like breaking in to those wealthy houses in Eleriina.
That hould be handled IC by the City Watch.
I know that is not perfectly good either.
But that is for the future to fix.

Ogt. You are indeed a funny guy.
But that does not mean you are allowed to break the rules or be assy against the moderators.
You, like everyone else, must apply to the rules.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ogt
PostWed 11/27/02 7:51am
yes this one goes away too, dum de dum

Last edited by Ogt on Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:30 pm, edited 5 times in total

Ogt
PostWed 11/27/02 7:52am

Last edited by Ogt on Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total

Ogt
PostWed 11/27/02 8:22am
DELETED

Last edited by Ogt on Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: