DysoForums Forum Index DysoForums

GalleryGallery   Donate to DysotopiaDonate   Dysotopia.com homepageDyso.com
SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStats   RegisterRegister 
 Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin 

How come i am banned?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History
View previous topic :: View next topic :: Hide signatures  

Yes this is a series of opinions
i think ogt was unfairly banned
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
i think ogt should be given 5 minutes alone with a kravenwood guard in a pvp area so he can take his wrath out
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
i think ogt should become a mayor
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Ogt
PostWed 11/27/02 8:36am
DELETED

Last edited by Ogt on Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt.
I love you man.
But could you please calm down a bit.
We can talk this through like rational adults instead.
If you just quietly post your opinions, explanations, complaints we can all work through this.

If you just discuss instead of yelling it is much easier to understand your point of view,
and maybe give you support.
This goes out to everyone. When something is wrong in your opinion, talk about it calmly.
Do not start go crazy, insult people and such.
Take it easy.

I mean, in politics for example, you do not start screaming in a debate (well, mostly). You talk things through, laay forward your arguments and such.

Take it easy and I love you.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ogt
PostWed 11/27/02 9:03am
yes i dont like this one anymore either DELETED TO

Last edited by Ogt on Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total

Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here goes and just once:

1. There was a decision made by Gesh and Bri to make this server a roleplay oriented server.
They specifically took the effort to write up a EULA to which all agree when they first start playing in Dysotopia. It also says if you don't agree then you are free to leave the server because obviously it's not what you are looking for in the first place. This is not a shout-kill festival. You agree to that when you agree to the EULA. When you decide to ignore the EULA then you cross into the territory of moderator authority. When you then ignore the moderator's advice you will learn the consequences.
If it takes banning people to get this server back up to the standard that Gesh and Bri have set out in the EULA then that's what will happen, plain and simple. It is ludicrous that Gesh and Bri have to spend their precious time slaving over scripts to prevent a handfull of morons who decide to abuse certain exploits to better themselves. You are wasting time and effort that could have been put into making Dyso a bigger and better place and you actually expecting to get away with it?
So far people have had little respect for moderators thinking they have little real power.
Now you know better.

2. As moderator I am supposed to uphold the EULA and moderate between players who let things get out of roleplay perspective and into the realm of personal frustrations. I did not have a bad day, I'm simply following the zero tolerance guidelines we as moderators have decided to take. Cross the line and you get advice, cross it again you get a warning, cross it again and you get jailed, cross it again and you get banned, cross it again and you're out for good, permanently cd banned. (and even though I'm stating this rather harshly here we as moderators generally take things a little more mellow). I do not distinguish between one player or another. However those people I consider good friends on here generally have the decency and respect to take my advice and not letting it get this far unlike certain other people.
I do not play favorites but some people put a huge bullseye on their forehead and then tell a moderator to shoot them. And they get all high and mighty when we take the bait?

3. The reasoning that Thanos puts up about:"everyone shouting all the time" doesn't hold water. You agreed to the EULA, so stick to it. I always ask people first, even explain they can answer a shouted question with a tell directed to the shouter and i tried explaining the principle to this new guy for about 5 minutes after which he ended his end of the discussion with a :"..are you threatening me? Go ahead and jail me" (and yes I have screenies of the whole thing). Even then I would have been content to warn him again when i arrived in Eleriina but he then decided shoutspamming:"I'm gonna get jailed by Falkhor for talking to my partymembers". What do you people expect? I released the new guy after no less than 5 minutes and would have released Ogt as well had he not decided to use exploits to escape.
Shouts are for: Public announcements in the vested interest of all players (such as Hashmeer announcing the start of the tournament)/Asking a question to a non-specific person.
Shouts are not meant for: Answering questions someone shouted/Announcing to friends or party members where you are located/Announcing that you've managed to subvert moderator authority by using an exploit/Personal announcements that can be easily done standing in Eleriina plaza and gathering up people to hear you/Insults and personal frustrations.

4. I have no particular dislike of Ogt as compared to other players. So long as he roleplays his drunken rowdy behaviour I have no problem with him, in fact I'm rather amused by it most of the time.
Had Ogt not decided to bait me by shouting:"JAIL ME JAIL ME" after I just jailed another person for shouting, he would not have been in jail in the first place.
Had he stayed where I, as moderator had decided to stick him for a few minutes he would not have been banned, and I specifically asked Bri to have him banned for a short period, not permanently. Ogt was not banned for shoutspamming, he was banned for escaping EULA jail over 10 times with an exploit, which in his own posts he clearly admits to, and then again publically shouting he did so.

5. My decisions were not based on a personal grudge but rather on the principle of us moderators and developers simply being tired of seeing a handfull of idiotic egotists dragging down the quality of this server. Once more, you agreed to the EULA, don't expect to get away with it when you cross the line.
If we let you get away with it once every so often it's because we let you, not because we can't do anything about it!

'Nuff said
Falkhor
View users profile Send private message
Drudley
High Elder

Level: 31
XP
EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104 EXP: 76 / 104
 73%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think that these "n00b mods" should be allowed to ban at all (boot people, sure), i think its up to the owners and makers of the module and server(s) to decide who they want or dont want playing
View users profile Send private message Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falkhor
DysoMOD|DM

Level: 30
XP
EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99 EXP: 83 / 99
 83%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was mutually agreed between moderators and developers. bri still has the final say in such matters, we simply advice him on things seeing as he can't be in the mod all the time, working his ass off on preventing exploits.
Zedium
Hero

Level: 22
XP
EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59 EXP: 6 / 59
 10%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The reasoning that Thanos puts up about:"everyone shouting all the time" doesn't hold water.

If 50 million people say a foolish thing it is still a foolish thing.

To be fair I think falk made a point with the 0 tolerance idea, we need to keep out the barbarians (no offence to you half orcs), don't get me wrong, I think ogt should be unbanned within a few days, he has learned his lesson.

But don't we all agree that shouting (or in any other way of communication) to a moderator that he should jail you is a jailable offence and escaping prison through non roleplay means is even worse, not even to begin about doing this several times.
Ogt
PostWed 11/27/02 1:17pm
llölö

Last edited by Ogt on Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total

Glorin
The Badgermouthed

Level: 51
XP
EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280 EXP: 82 / 280
 29%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogt wrote:
yes i will use this one to write mr ogts houdini formula

ingredients

-2 orbs of pain
-1 bottle of wine to give you courage

preparation

mix the 2 orbs of pain in your inventory carefully and making sure that you dont leave them in a bag, drink the bottle of wine in one shot to give you the courage to do the next step
second step is to relog and when you are back and die a nice window allowing you to respawn will appear

bon appetite!

and i still think that i was unfairly banned since i am not an abuser
and again i never disrupted the peace of the mod

why did i escape? because i private messaged falkhor without response , what do you really think he is goign to le me out? i think not, i think i was going to be there until next reset POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

there ya go KRaven
[quote:a89551bc29="AliZee'"]that shits utterly devoid of any meaningless sense...i tottally disagree on tha basis that tha argument you have pressented is full of actual facts and shit, i think based on tha fact that i have no idea of what tha fuck you were talkin gabout i would have to wholoeheartedly proclaim that you are wrong.
Thank you,
AliZee'[/quote]
View users profile Send private message Send email MSN Messenger
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes, and mr bri

as a compensation of this treacherus act against my person , i demand that you give me five minutes alone with the kravenwood guard in a pvp area just to take out my anger
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: more on the subject Reply with quote

I don't know Falkhor, so I won't say anything bad about him. And yes shouts are sometime quite out of controll.
I think he was trying to set an example to try and slow down the tide of shouts, but to jail a new player, well it's up to the Mod.
But I don't like it.

I was jailed once on a server, the DM came in asked me if I knew why I was there, I said yes. He took away a level off my char and asked me not to do it again. I appologized, he let me out and I didn't do It again.

The one thing people sometimes forget is that this is a FREE game, made with tons of hard work for no money. I love NWN and have played AD&D since 1979. And I do put alot of time into my playing, my char concept and try to help others when I can.

Ogt has helped me, he held a tournment that was a blast, I met friends and we started our own Guild of newer players, called The Army of Death.

I spent 6 hours yesterday reading posts to get a good feel of Dyso.
WOW this is a world people love, despite the problems. It feels more like the old pen and paper game than any other server I have played, including the pick pocting. Now don't get me wrong I don't like to be pp'ed but I do understand it, now that I have read the posts.
I'll have to try a rouge too, but there are quite alot of em about.

But Ogt has made the game more fun for me, he's got personality.
His examples may be sometimes well a little off, but he has a good heart, I think, and he does help out lower lv chars with the jobs and tournaments and lots of free booze. Kinda reminds me of Bill Clinton. Heh he should be Mayor just to see what he does would be a blast.

So if ya see Grok say hello, and try to get to know him, he will watch your back, and be a loyal friend.

*Grok removes ring of clear thought +5*
Ok me done ack tinkn hurt me brain, me go bash Trools or somethin
bye bye
Grok
Grandmaster

Level: 15
XP
EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35 EXP: 4 / 35
 11%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Hmm Grok read more post and he take back something Reply with quote

After reading Faklhor's very well put post above, I would say the new player did deserve to be Jailed. And then quickly let out just so he understood...

ok dat it....
Ogt
PostThu 11/28/02 1:42am
.cxv  Reply with quote

Kindo
Great Deity

Level: 48
XP
EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245 EXP: 6 / 245
 2%
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok.
I just would like to welcome you to the Dyso.
Reading your above post makes me happy.
You seem to know what is right and not.
And also the fact that you spent so much time catching up with
this society, really shows your ambition.

It is nice to have such a determined and wise newcomer.

Thank you Grok.
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address MSN Messenger
Atharva Veda
Master

Level: 11
XP
EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25 EXP: 18 / 25
 72%
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ogt Shouldnt be banned Reply with quote

sethiroth64 wrote:
Thanos

I was with ogt the whole time like normal so i was there for the whole thing i dont think he should have been jailed in the first place neither should have the newcommer all he did was shout a couple times and bam he was in jail if your going to jail peopl for shouting then you might as well walk around and throw everyone in dyso in the pen so many people shout constantly and are asked to stop and they keep at it and nothing is done aboutit untill falkor goes on a power trip and decides to see how his new powers work ands see how many ppl he can lock up yes ogt did escape from jail a few times but he really had no reason to be in there in the first place if people are going to be jailed then it should be people liek johnathan and african ape that go around murduring people for no reason so while falk is jailing peopl for a small crime of shouting the real convicts are getting away with their crimes and i mentioned this to falk and he said the only way he will do that is if he witnesses it himself now how is that right now tell me how often is he going to be in the right place at the right time almost never !
ogt was away from dyso for a couple weeks and while he was dyso was a lot less fun i foound my self play in lots of outher mods but since he came back its been much mor intertaining and i know there are outher people out there that would agree with me on that ogt is one of the main atractions of dyso without him its just not the same so if dyso looses him it looses alot.

Ya right.
And just as many people have LEFT Dyso because of him.
Myself being only one.

OGT is a quest rushing, greedy, imature, power lamer, who has little concept of RP.
Maelstrom696969
Lamer

Level: 35
XP
EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130 EXP: 101 / 130
 77%
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm like SO GLAD that this topic was resurrected...

Yours truly,

DELETED (b00p!)
View users profile Send private message Send email Yahoo Messenger
Kinva
Adept

Level: 6
XP
EXP: 6 / 14 EXP: 6 / 14 EXP: 6 / 14
 42%
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way to get out of local prison be an extremly got openlock rouge or have 2 pain orbs(not in a bag) relog and respawn a seriosly stupid bug .
if u die ,get killed in prison the game should respawn you in prison cussing.gif cussing.gif
Ogt
Elder

Level: 26
XP
EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78 EXP: 26 / 78
 33%
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atharva Veda

lol , coming from a guy that quits the game because he gets pp ONE DAY
,you have no opinion at all, ha ha he heaheha

ogt laughs at you icon_biggrin.gif go cry with mommy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DysoForums Forum Index -> Complaints, Rants, and Flames - History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: